Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Can't say I've read any of his non-Marvel stuff tbf. I might have a look at that when I can.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Check out Tokyo Ghost. It's amazing and at only 10 issues long is a small commitment. It has some beautiful Sean Murphy art.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've just made a note of that in my notebook. I'll check it out when I get the chance, thanks for the tip

As for if Remender came back to Marvel. How'd you feel about a Remender Jessica Jones book?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Not for his Uncanny X-Force, the rest of his Marvel books were really bad even Captain America but maybe was more because of Romita Jr art (lately he isn´t in his best moment) than other thing,
    JRJR art can ruin even the best of stories.

Bendis and Remender do both have a habit of completely ignoring continuity to serve whatever story they're currently telling, so I guess it's an apt comparison.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is Hickman going to DC reported somewhere?
    His Twitter has been pretty quiet for a while. I think he once tweeted earlier this year that he had made taken some Hollywood meetings. Probably all the writers are looking at Kirkman and how Walking Dead turned into his golden ticket. It barely sold 10,000 copies in the early issues.

Hickman is supposed to be finishing up SHIELD ....

I'd love to see him come back to Marvel but somehow I think he'll end up at DC. There's something in the wind at Marvel it seems and maybe it has to do with crazy ol' Ike Perlmutter. or maybe Axel Alonso. Tom B and Axel used to have that weekly Q & A here at CBR and Tom B. used to answer fan questions on Formspring and then Tumblr. Not so much of that going on anymore.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-09-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i will consider bendis moving over to DC a boon for marvel if, in an effort to retain and attract talent, editorial no longer mandates books to tie-in to whatever company crossover is currently going on. just *imagine* a place where creative people are allowed to be creative without needless interference.
    But some editorial control is necessary so a writer doesn't totally destroy a character/franchise because they're being too "creative".

they should woo artists.

Extraordinary Member

I think most writers will find their ways back to DC or Marvel at some stage. Creative freedom is awesome, so I don't worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think most writers will find their ways back to DC or Marvel at some stage.
    Depends.

DC and Marvel can provide "regular" work, but with deadlines/restrictions.

More $ profit can be possible with the independent route, and there can also be more flexibility with time. "Name" writers and artists may appreciate those things more. (Also, ownership of properties created by artists and writers can be important.)

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've just made a note of that in my notebook. I'll check it out when I get the chance, thanks for the tip

As for if Remender came back to Marvel. How'd you feel about a Remender Jessica Jones book?
    No worries dude!

As for Jessica Jones. I’m not sure. I’ve not been reading this volume but I thought the first was great. Jessica Jones is one of those characters I see as being intrinsically tied to their creator so I struggle to see another writers take.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they should woo artists.
    Anybody in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hickman is supposed to be finishing up SHIELD ....
    I’m pretty sure he’s turned his scripts in and any delay is due to Marvel or the artist.

BANNED

No, he deserves better. Unless he wants to write anything with Jean.

BANNED

NO...NO and my final answer: NO!!! Remender isn't that good when it came to certain comics like his Captain America and his Uncanny Avengers team. I mean they had plot points that weren't event resolved when he left. So No.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    NO...NO and my final answer: NO!!! Remender isn't that good when it came to certain comics like his Captain America and his Uncanny Avengers team. I mean they had plot points that weren't event resolved when he left. So No.
    So..... that’s a no then? Haha.

Astonishing Member

Uncanny X-Force,Punisher,Venom were all comics that were written by Remender that i thought were quite cool.
    So i would like to see more Marvel stories written by Remender for sure.