Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I maintain that Chelsea Cain would be ideal for Jessica Jones. Mockingbird was critically-praised, and Cain actually loves writing dark ****. She's also a close friend of Bendis, so there'd be something rather sweet about her taking over her friend's character.
    Idk, what if she makes a retcon where Jessica wasn't actually raped by Killgrave, but on that relationship willingly and the whole rape thing was made up?...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I maintain that Chelsea Cain would be ideal for Jessica Jones. Mockingbird was critically-praised, and Cain actually loves writing dark ****. She's also a close friend of Bendis, so there'd be something rather sweet about her taking over her friend's character.
    Chelsea Cain is a great call. Didn't think of that one. I think the tone could definitely shift if Mockingbird is anything to go by, but I don't think the book would lose what makes Jessica Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Defenders - I could see Soule or Walker taking this book over pretty solidly, though losing Marquez will probably be a big hit. Definitely someone who's versed in writing street-level and street-level heroes.
    Is Marquez leaving the book?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is Marquez leaving the book?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did given how much he's followed Bendis on books (although that's true for a lot of Bendis artists).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk, what if she makes a retcon where Jessica wasn't actually raped by Killgrave, but on that relationship willingly and the whole rape thing was made up?...
    I mean, Jessica's story is pretty much built on what Killgrave did to her. So I doubt Cain would do any retcons on it. Especially because, as I said, she and Bendis are friends, she respects him, and she would want to do right by his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Chelsea Cain is a great call. Didn't think of that one. I think the tone could definitely shift if Mockingbird is anything to go by, but I don't think the book would lose what makes Jessica Jessica.
    Wouldn't necessarily be that big a tonal shift. It's not like everything she writes has to be like Mockingbird. She can do darker and more cynical.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk, what if she makes a retcon where Jessica wasn't actually raped by Killgrave
    Jessica Jones wasn't raped by Killgrave. That's explicitly stated in Alias. He made her watch as he raped others, but never actually raped her.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Walker definitely for Defenders.

G.Willow for Miles. Ms. marvel is the most Spidey book since early Ultimate.

Kelly Sue DeConnick for Jessica.

I can't really get a handle on Riri yet. So probably go with Willow again.