Fantastic Member

Default what would superman be if raised in the imperium from warhammer?

Or at least something like the imperium would he be like red son superman or overman or something like l
    Gladiator from marvel what are everyone else thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Or at least something like the imperium would he be like red son superman or overman or something like l
    Gladiator from marvel what are everyone else thoughts on the matter.
    dunno about WH4 but if WOW he would most certainly be either a Blood Elf/Draenei paladin, i tend to think he would mostly swing for the Horde because it does have the thematic of misfits trying to settle themselves in the world whose secular order only see them as mosters and persecutes them

and no, the Horde is not "the side of the bad guys"

what about Superman in Halo? or Starcraft?

if i go in accordance with the wiki he may very well start a rebelion against the high-lords because of the fanaticism they use for control, he may try to heal the emperor, but ultimately i doubt he would be part of the empire, even as overman

Fantastic Member

What if he was raised in the imperium.

You asked that already, hehe

Okay, so I actually came up with a way Krypton could work: Warp storms.

A warp storm cuts the human colony of Krypton off from the rest of the galaxy during the Dark Age of Technology, so while the rest of humanity suffers the Age of Strife, Krypton is blissfully unaware. Indeed, they're even unaware of the Emperor himself, and may not have the same xenophobic attitude toward aliens. They need contend only with the horrors of the Immaterium- which they can eventually handle, because their tech far exceeds the later Imperial norm. Their world remains highly dangerous, but they adapt over time, and not only survive in the horrors of the Warp but thrive.

Anyway, a break in the Storm opens up, and Jor-El manages to send his son Kal out into the universe-- but why do that to an infant? Is Krypton really under such awful strife that a baby would be better off in the cold expanse of real space? Probably not. My thought, rather, is this: Kal-El is a grown man, the equivalent of an astronaut sent out to explore the cosmos, an explorer. He'd be more likely to engage with xenos, but the fact that he could readily cite himself to humanity as abhuman rather than as a humanoid xeno, like he is in most of the Superman Mythos, means they'd be less likely to try to kill him on sight. Granted, his willingness to hang with xeno would probably eventually get him marked as a heretic.

Of course, this scenario is less "what if Superman was raised in the Warhammer 40K universe" and more "how does he respond to it" or "how could he exist there".

Ignoring that last question and just dropping the infant of Krypton through a hole in the multiverse and onto a planet in the Imperium, I'd say he's probably raised with much the same attitude of unquestioning deference as everyone else, but he naturally tries to ask questions. "Caleb Kephas", as I've arbitrarily named him, is known for asking the wrong questions and getting into trouble doing so. He hides his powers from everyone, even his parents, out of fear of getting taken away by the whispered Black Ships, but he tries, surreptitiously, to help people. Eventually, he's accidentally witnessed by Inquisitor Lucia Laelius, who confronts him, eventually decides that he'd be a great help to her, and recruits him as part of her Dark Heresy squad.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Then he'd be the most indoctrinated Space Marine that ever was, and the Superest version of Superman in the entire multiverse. And also definitely the tallest one and the one with the most backup organs.

Assuming he wouldn't have been killed at a very young age for being a stinking xeno.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Then he'd be the most indoctrinated Space Marine that ever was, and the Superest version of Superman in the entire multiverse. And also definitely the tallest one and the one with the most backup organs.

Assuming he wouldn't have been killed at a very young age for being a stinking xeno.
    I don't think he could be a Marine- for one thing, how would they perform the requisite surgeries on his super-tough epidermis?

It depends; are we assuming pre or post Heresy? If pre-Heresy, than we could assume that Superman would have been raised under the Emperor's tutelage. Horus would have been defeated much earlier, and the Emperor would have been saved. Commence mankind's glorious reign as the supreme race. If it was post-Heresy, then Superman would have been indoctrinated by the current Imperium and turned into some type of second-coming of the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Or maybe... He's a grandson of the Emperor himself, conceived before the Emperor found his sons after they were scattered through hyperspace. Thus he's MORE powerful than an Ultramarine, since he was literally born with it. Oh and he's the sole survivor of his planet because the warp demon guys decided to kill him....

So one thing I've long thought interesting- in Warhammer 40,000 lore, the Star Child is a large portion of the Emperor's soul, floating around in the Warp waiting to be reborn, while another smaller portion of it sits in the poor Emperor's unmoving zomber husk, used to power the Astronomicon.

The obviously thing to point out: In DC Comics lore, "Star Child" is the literal translation of "Kal-El". Thus, I've posited a premise wherein the Star Child gets sick and tired of waiting for the rest of the Emperor to die, and just up and reincarnates itself-- its tremendous psychic powers manifesting in the form of what we know as "Super-Powers"- unmatched strength, speed, flight, shooting lasbolts from his eyes, etc.

Fantastic Member

Something I always wondered about is what would the earth 3 version of the legion of superheroes bit like I think it be a like the imperium of man since losh has always been a very optimistic scfi utopia ala star trek while warhmmer 40k is the almost the complete antithesis of that.
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 11-15-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    So one thing I've long thought interesting- in Warhammer 40,000 lore, the Star Child is a large portion of the Emperor's soul, floating around in the Warp waiting to be reborn, while another smaller portion of it sits in the poor Emperor's unmoving zomber husk, used to power the Astronomicon.

The obviously thing to point out: In DC Comics lore, "Star Child" is the literal translation of "Kal-El". Thus, I've posited a premise wherein the Star Child gets sick and tired of waiting for the rest of the Emperor to die, and just up and reincarnates itself-- its tremendous psychic powers manifesting in the form of what we know as "Super-Powers"- unmatched strength, speed, flight, shooting lasbolts from his eyes, etc.
    Interesting idea, That's an aspect of the 40k lore I didn't know.