Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Why did Slott spend an entire page worth of this book setting up and poorly executing a hackneyed 'girl power' moment? It barely even made sense. Does he think this is what readers buy a Spider-Man title for?
    Oh for the love of god, it was a joke that highlighted Mockingbird's personality and also foreshadowed that something was wrong with the robots (why would a robot have a gender preference?). No need to throw a fit over it.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    At least it is not ths standard Peter keeping his identity a secret from the girlfriend and the lover always getting mad a Peter because of a misunderstanding.
    No, it's the standard girlfriend-knows-secret-identity-thinks-he-spends-too-much-time-in-costume-stands-by-the-window-deep-in-worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

So if it never gets mentioned again and Bobbi is gainfully employed again by next issue and the book isn't about Peter and Bobbi struggling to make ends meet at all, that would be too long?

Bobbi isn't the kind of character who's dependent on anybody and isn't going to have any problem getting work. Slott is not going to spend much time, if any at all, showing Bobbi having a tough time paying her bills.
    You're assuming that Slott will actually write Bobbi to character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Oh for the love of god, it was a joke that highlighted Mockingbird's personality and also foreshadowed that something was wrong with the robots (why would a robot have a gender preference?). No need to throw a fit over it.
    'Throwing a fit' = writing a critical post on an internet forum? Get a grip.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    How long do you think this new status will last before marvel does yet another back to basics storyline?
    Dont wory. As soon as they get ready for marriage Mephisto will show up and demand their relationship. In exchange, Peter's new iphone camera, which broke from a falling brick while he was stopping a mugger, will be fixed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    I really dug this issue. Its done-in-one nature, corporate bad guy, and clever use of comic-book technology gave me a real David Michelinie ASM vibe. I half-expected Cardiac to show up.
    Would've been nice if he did. Considering that Cardiac was getting a lot of support from Parker Industries before the company went bust stopping Doc Ock from taking it over for HYDRA, it would be interesting to see him react to PI's collapse and what it would mean for his prospects of revolutionizing the medical industry in ways that would better serve the needs of regular people than the needs of corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Nowadays, people are almost preconditioned to "throw a fit" over anything that they see as threatening or challenging them and/or their values and ideologies in any respect. That being said, this was a pretty solid issue, and Peter does seem to finally be starting to get his groove back. As for the nanny who secretly swiped samples of Normie's and Stanley's blood, I'm thinking she's working for Norman Osborn and the blood samples are to help him get his Goblin groove back. Quicksand was an unexpected treat to see, though, especially since you'd think she'd be one of Spider-Man's enemies with her particular power set, though they've only encountered each other a few times before in the comics proper. Must not have made that big an impression on him, it seems.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

This was an alright issue, but Peter's science editor job seems kinda meh so far. Let's see how it goes from here. I did like Bobbi/Peter as a couple in this issue, so that was a good thing. I guess Slott is bringing back the 'Goblin blood' storyline from Origin of the Species, which could be interesting.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    This was an alright issue, but Peter's science editor job seems kinda meh so far. Let's see how it goes from here.
    I'm hoping that Pete's staff here is better developed than the Parker Industries employees. I'd say the largest criticism I can lodge at the PI-era is that the company as a whole really had no real identity since barely any of its workers were developed. It instead served more as a catalyst for Pete running missions for SHIELD before everything literally blew up during Secret Empire.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm hoping that Pete's staff here is better developed than the Parker Industries employees. I'd say the largest criticism I can lodge at the PI-era is that the company as a whole really had no real identity since barely any of its workers were developed. It instead served more as a catalyst for Pete running missions for SHIELD before everything literally blew up during Secret Empire.
    Yeah, that's why Slott should have kept PI going for a (much) longer run, so we could actually see the setting and characters developed properly. But yeah, I hope these characters get some good development and fleshing out. One good thing about the Bugle is that some of the characters have already been developed (like Robbie) so Slott shouldn't have to do quite as much work in that regard, as long as he doesn't ignore it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still seems like you're missing Miles' point .
    No. He's saying that because Bobbi lost her job in this issue and Peter says that he can pick up the slack on rent, that their relationship has been set up to be a replay of Peter and MJ's status in ASM and I'm pointing out what a kneejerk, likely highly incorrect assumption that is. This is not a couple that's going to spend their time worrying about making ends meet. Slott allows Peter a moment to step up and feel good about his newfound source of income. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Neither was Mary Jane (and her employment woes were actually important to the book back then).

I guess now Bobbi really is a Spider-Man girlfriend .
    MJ's employment woes were important to the book then. Bobbi's will not be. She found and lost this job in one issue. She'll get another gig in quick time. Unlike MJ, she's not a struggling actress/model. Bobbi can have her pick of offers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    You're assuming that Slott will actually write Bobbi to character.
    He's done fine with her so far and she's been a part of the book's cast for awhile now.

Robbie and his unsubtle favoritism .

I get that Bobbi's a feminist and started the whole "feminist agenda" thing, and I respect that, but some of her comments did kind of come across as being a little unnecessarily obnoxious about it (granted, characters in Slott comics are as subtle as a sledgehammer).

Remember when Aunt May was so gung-ho about Peter getting with Mary Jane, even when he was dating Betty? At this point I'm not unconvinced she'll just accept any girl for Peter as long as she's nice enough and it gets her grandkids...which is kind of ironic given most AU's have her dead by the time Peter and Mary Jane actually have kids.

I'm not sure how long Peter and Bobbi are here to stay since he seems to be getting on her nerves the more they're together and he's still stuck on the couch. Mockingbird feels like Felicia if she was an out-and-out hero and generally got more exasperated then amused by Spidey's antics. Though I guess Peter was Felicia's straight-man while Bobbi is Peter's.

Somehow I can't help but think this whole Alchemax storyline is going to build up to the return of OsCorp somehow. I mean, Harry's now working for the company, Liz was shown to be working with Norman in the past, and the blood of a Goblin kid is involved...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The only major employees I can think of that anyone cared about were Harry and Anna Maria (do Hobie and Bobbi count?).

Granted, it's not easy to create new supporting characters that people can get invested in or that stick. I think it's telling that in the current cartoon we have other Spiders, even ones not automatically associated with Peter, filling the niches of the Horizon Labs cast rather then actually using those characters aside from Modell.

I think the issue was great. But Bobbi annoyed me.

Yeah, I know feminist and all, but sheesh. A guy says that the "AI" keeps going into female voice, and Bobbi's reaction is "yeah, that's not a problem, because only female voice in AI is progressive". Whhhhaaaaat? I know it was foreshadowing, but Bobbie's comment was so unnecessary. She has to be the first on their team up name, but Peter suggesting some joint couple names is too silly?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yeah, I know feminist and all, but sheesh. A guy says that the "AI" keeps going into female voice, and Bobbi's reaction is "yeah, that's not a problem, because only female voice in AI is progressive". Whhhhaaaaat? I know it was foreshadowing, but Bobbie's comment was so unnecessary. She has to be the first on their team up name, but Peter suggesting some joint couple names is too silly?
    Yeah, I'm starting to think being paired with Bobbi is part of Mephisto's curse. I know it would feel like living hell if I was with somebody like her, poor Peter.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-15-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yea Bobbi definitely came across really obnoxious with the whole feminist thing this issue. Even worse considering that that wasn't even remotely her personality prior to her solo and now it seems we're stuck with the worst of it.

Also is anyone else getting tired of Alchemax and Liz constantly having things go her way? Not only is it annoying in the face of Parker Industries demise to have Liz always just waltzing in and getting exactly what Alchamax wants especially when Peter's been booted back down to the Daily Bugle but that she's always so smug about it while having zero negative repercussions to the shadiness of her business just makes it all the more worse. At least in Renew Your Vows, things ended up catching up to Liz, but here, she's a massive Karma Houdini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to think being paired with Bobbi is part of Mephisto's curse.
    Bobbi (or rather the Skrull that impersonated her) was sacrificed to Mephisto years back, so I've often figured Slott chose her as a love interest for precisely this reason. He likes to be meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At least in Renew Your Vows, things ended up catching up to Liz, but here, she's a massive Karma Houdini.
    Yeah, and at least in RYV, Liz showed some remorse also