Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I think I read a rumor about this a couple months ago. But I thought it was more like a hippie communal sex cult sort of thing. My first thought was, "Alison Mack? Sign me up!"

But its sounds far darker, like a cult of personality built around an abusive guy and filtered through is Lts.

Just goes to show, not all Canadians are polite.

There’s a lot of speculation / stories on twitter that mack was recruited into a different sex cult back in the day by Kristen Kruek (Lana), before joining this one. They’re saying it was sort of an open secret in Vancouver where the show was filmed.

You never really know though.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I'd trade my CBR membership for a reputable sex cult membership. Some of you here are beginning to bore me.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I think I read a rumor about this a couple months ago. But I thought it was more like a hippie communal sex cult sort of thing. My first thought was, "Alison Mack? Sign me up!"

But its sounds far darker, like a cult of personality built around an abusive guy and filtered through is Lts.

Just goes to show, not all Canadians are polite.
    Yeeeaah, if this were one of those nice consensual sex cults and not one of those evil brainwashy sex cults, this would be a completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    There’s a lot of speculation / stories on twitter that mack was recruited into a different sex cult back in the day by Kristen Kruek (Lana), before joining this one. They’re saying it was sort of an open secret in Vancouver where the show was filmed.

Wait, what?! How have I never heard of this before?!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait, what?! How have I never heard of this before?!
    Yea ive never heard of Kreuk being in a sex cult either. Forget Chloes Cult sign me up for Lana's. She was my childhood crush i was in middle school when the episode Nicademus came out. That pool scene was in my head for weeks

It's that Kreuk is member of NXIVM, and is one of its most prominent members, along with Linda Evans, Richard Branson, and a few other wealthy businesspeople and politicians. NXIVM is a multi-level marketing company (re: pyramid scheme) that purports to sell classes on professional development. Its founder Keith Raniere had been accused of running it as if it were a business cult; a sex cult wouldn't be far behind, really. But that he chose Allison Mack to be his personal second in command can't be a coincidence, and it lends credence to the idea that Kreuk introduced Mack and Raniere (if not outright recruited Mack into the sex cult).

Of course, no word yet if Raniere had ever recruited Evans or Branson into the sex cult, nor would I necessarily want to know, but the the Raniere-to-Kreuk-to-Mack connection is pretty interesting.

So filming all those shows in canada wasnt just because it was cheap.

Hollywood is just starting a new base over there.

Agreed! I’m not a woman, but Mack could brand me any day
    I'm dude as well. Is this a lesbian sex cult then?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default So I'm REALLY hoping this isn't true...

http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_ar...a-sex-cult.php

This would be devastating if true. Let's all hope she comes to her senses and gets all the help she needs.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ah, saw that in the TV/Film forum.

In all honesty, I never watched much of Smallville. A little, but not much. Still, if true, she would either need help, or is one of the ringleaders and thus complicit.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's no good outcome here no matter how it pans out. First Superman Returns is ruined because it turns out Kevin Spacey is a real life Luthor (granted, it wasn't a particularly great version to begin with) and now Smallville is ruined. Why can't Superman fans have nice things?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's no good outcome here no matter how it pans out. First Superman Returns is ruined because it turns out Kevin Spacey is a real life Luthor (granted, it wasn't a particularly great version to begin with) and now Smallville is ruined. Why can't Superman fans have nice things?
    Superman the Animated Series? Jon Kent?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Kevin Spacey is a real life Luthor
    Hey, don't you disparage Luthor by comparing him to Kevin Spacey!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i am both immensely shocked and very aroused.