Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Gandhi and Mr. Rogers have **** to answer for too.
    Rumor is Rogers was a sniper or something and is covered with tats from his time as soldier and that's why he was in long sleeves thought the show
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Rumor is Rogers was a sniper or something and is covered with tats from his time as soldier and that's why he was in long sleeves thought the show

That is false .. The fact is .. he really is one of the good guys, the only bad thing which I don't is a bad thing he never ad-lib in fact he really didn't like it and believe it was lazy ..

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ouch. This one hurts. Hope it's not true, but nothing surprises me.

I watched Superman Returns for the first time in years all the way through just literally before the shoe dropped on Spacey and I remember thinking to myself it wasn't as bad as I remembered and thought that I may be watching it again soon. Not sure if I can now.

Perhaps someone​ could fund a Kickstarter to replace all of Spacey's Superman Returns scenes with Michael Rosenbaum or Brian Cranston...Hmmm.
    Recently I watched a movie on Netflix and the first thing that came up was the Weinstein logo. I watched it all the way through but the whole time I kept telling myself that I should turn it off. Which is a shame because it was a damn good movie. Things like this really ruin the fun for me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    You might find this a useful resource to dealing with finding out that people involved in media you love have done some pretty horrendous things.

Her Netflix quo looks a lot like mine! Particularly the Star Trek stuff! I know a lot of people can just let that stuff go but I have a hard time doing it. The Cosby Show was one of my favorite shows as a kid and definitely brings back nostalgic memories but I just can't ever watch it again. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but it's no secret that Harrison Ford has no qualms working with Roman Polanski. Even giving him the Oscar he won while hiding out in Europe. Do I give up Star Wars forever? I can't do that! Last Jedi is one of the movies I've most been looking forward to this year! It's not easy to decide how to handle stuff like this. I tend to take it on a case by case basis depending on how bad the accusations against the person is. So Cosby is a deal breaker but being friends with Polanski isn't.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Her Netflix quo looks a lot like mine! Particularly the Star Trek stuff! I know a lot of people can just let that stuff go but I have a hard time doing it. The Cosby Show was one of my favorite shows as a kid and definitely brings back nostalgic memories but I just can't ever watch it again. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but it's no secret that Harrison Ford has no qualms working with Roman Polanski. Even giving him the Oscar he won while hiding out in Europe. Do I give up Star Wars forever? I can't do that! Last Jedi is one of the movies I've most been looking forward to this year! It's not easy to decide how to handle stuff like this. I tend to take it on a case by case basis depending on how bad the accusations against the person is. So Cosby is a deal breaker but being friends with Polanski isn't.
    Different people have different standards.

I think that you wrestling with this is actually a good sign. It's admirable that you don't just prioritize your own entertainment over everything else.

BANNED

Some of you are treating this as a joke, when people are being abused and exploited.

Maybe when you hear about stories like this, your response shouldn't be lamenting the fact that you can't be involved in the abuse and exploitation.

Here's a more in-depth look at the cult.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/n...ed-albany.html

Each woman was told to undress and lie on a massage table, while three others restrained her legs and shoulders. According to one of them, their “master,” a top Nxivm official named Lauren Salzman, instructed them to say: “Master, please brand me, it would be an honor.”

A female doctor proceeded to use a cauterizing device to sear a two-inch-square symbol below each woman’s hip, a procedure that took 20 to 30 minutes. For hours, muffled screams and the smell of burning tissue filled the room.

“I wept the whole time,” Ms. Edmondson recalled. “I disassociated out of my body.”
    Both Nxivm and Mr. Raniere, 57, have long attracted controversy. Former members have depicted him as a man who manipulated his adherents, had sex with them and urged women to follow near-starvation diets to achieve the type of physique he found appealing
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 11-09-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Some of you are treating this as a joke, when people are being abused and exploited.

Maybe when you hear about stories like this, your response shouldn't be lamenting the fact that you can't be involved in the abuse and exploitation.
    I only read the article and not Blog it came from but it sounds like all of this is scientology with branding and a pyramid scheme. I feel as bad for these ppl as i do for people who join Scientology. I get these places are set up bring in the vulnerable and then manipulate them through fear into staying but as far as i know no ones been abducted. They can leave anytime but fear of being exposed,losing connections/Friends, power etc keep them in. While they have my sympathy there are people out there who deserve it way more

If there more in the blog thats not in the article i apologize but from what i read this is scientology with branding and a pyramid scheme of slaves... Like slaves get slaves.... Weird ****

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    We're getting dangerously close to the point where people will just throw up their hands, say "all people are scum except Gandhi and Mr. Rogers," and stop paying attention to these things.

No, it's getting to the point that people are going to realize that we actually havent come that much forward than the romans.

You might find this a useful resource to dealing with finding out that people involved in media you love have done some pretty horrendous things.

this is never an useful resource for anything. This is just a video of common sense, there's nothing there that is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No, it's getting to the point that people are going to realize that we actually havent come that much forward than the romans.
    We havent come as far as we think but still quite far. Just the fact people are outraged at all is progress. Romans allowed pedophilla as long as the victim wasnt a freeborn roman.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's no good outcome here no matter how it pans out. First Superman Returns is ruined because it turns out Kevin Spacey is a real life Luthor (granted, it wasn't a particularly great version to begin with) and now Smallville is ruined. Why can't Superman fans have nice things?
    Smallville was ruined for me when tom welling wouldn’t shut up about why he wouldn’t wear the costume in the last episode. This just makes my decision easier.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

I'm not really trying to defend Allison Mack especially if this is true which seems to be the case just giving a possible theory .. she could have been truly psychologically traumatized by this group she really can't see this is wrong and is actually brainwashed, cults tend to do this to people ..

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Neither of those things are ruined for me after all of this info has come out. My respective opinions of each are exactly the same now as they were yesterday or a month ago.

Just gotta seperate the artist from the art. I acknowledge not everyone wants to do that, though, and some prefer to be dramatic (not saying you are, just in general). But for me, if everything got ruined every time a celeb did something stupid, there’d be nothing at all left for me to enjoy lol
    Agreed. My sister refuses to watch any Mel Gibson movie after what he said about Jews. I just have the thought that all of my favorite actors from the 80's have now gotten old and are batshit crazy, so why work myself up over the stuff they are doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    We havent come as far as we think but still quite far. Just the fact people are outraged at all is progress. Romans allowed pedophilla as long as the victim wasnt a freeborn roman.
    Well... some Republicans in Alabama are saying that Roy Moore is still okay because the 14 year old he had sexual encounters with didn't say no.

Guess that's what happens when your acting career's going nowhere and the makers of Smallville been giving her such a push too. I was never a fan of hers so, oh well.