Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dark metal isn’t relying on the MAIN BATMAN TITLES...

For a DC Comics event that is majorly Batman influenced it weird that the MAIN BATMAN TITLES ARENT playing a role or two to try to tie into this event. I mean it is a major Batman influence event right ?

I was thinking it was more of a Batman/JL event. But I had noticed that too. I guess Synder has a lot of power over there at DC Comics to do his own thing and for it be some major like this.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The main Bat book can't be in it because it's an event where Batman goes missing Alfred isn't a field operative so he can't play a role. Duke Bruce's partner was involved, GG can't use her powers, that's it for the main book cast.

Gotham Resistance was about Dick and Damian.
    Jason,the Gotham Knights were in Metal 2.
    The real surprise is Tec and RHATO. With the man missing and Gotham in peril you'd expect the whole family to get involved not just two of his kids.

The main book can't be a part of this since that would be just Alfred muttering to himself or to the pets.

Although Duke. I wonder what Duke is up to as GR and Metal kicks off
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-07-2017 at 02:02 AM.

The Tec Team and Red Hood were in Metal #2

All Star Batman set up the Blackhawks

Nightwing was involved in the Set-Up during the Dr Hurt arc (Nightwing #17 is in the Road to Metal Trade) and is in the Gotham Resistance with Damian, Harley and Croc
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-07-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Amazing Member

Lately DC seems to be separating audiences, and that's good for DC and the readers. Events that change continuity, universes and those things are handdled like separate books. Although it's a batman event Metal doesn't stop the progress of the main batbook so if you aren't interested in those big events that need some understanding of the DC Universe you can read Batman without problems. On the other hand many Metal related books at the same time or every week earn a lot of money.

Justice League is different cause it's an instant crossover, who reads it wants a crossover. Other books included one or two issues for Metal but then they go back to their normal storyline so readers who don't want to read an event for months and months aren't going to drop the book. DC isn't interrupting the course of the books with big universe events for more than 2 issues (correct me if I'm wrong)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Tec Team and Red Hood were in Metal #4

All Star Batman set up the Blackhawks

Nightwing was involved in the Set-Up during the Dr Hurt arc (Nightwing #17 is in the Road to Metal Trade) and is in the Gotham Resistance with Damian, Harley and Croc
    When did #4 came out?

I mean't two... Sorry.

Anyone notice the interior title of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps says it is issue 3 of the bats out of he'll storyline. It's part 2 right? Flash was part 1, justice league is part 3 and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps issue 33 is part 4
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Okay apparently I'm wrong but did they extend bats out of hell 2 extra issues. Wasn't it supposed to be 4 issues?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Okay apparently I'm wrong but did they extend bats out of hell 2 extra issues. Wasn't it supposed to be 4 issues?
    Flash 33 is Part 1, Justice League 32 and 33 are Parts 2 and 4, and Hal Jordan & the GLC #32 is Part 3. So, four issues.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Incredible Member

Probably because the Batman title makes no sense so Snyder wanted to stay as far away from that crap as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrill View Post
    Lately DC seems to be separating audiences, and that's good for DC and the readers. Events that change continuity, universes and those things are handdled like separate books. Although it's a batman event Metal doesn't stop the progress of the main batbook so if you aren't interested in those big events that need some understanding of the DC Universe you can read Batman without problems. On the other hand many Metal related books at the same time or every week earn a lot of money.

Justice League is different cause it's an instant crossover, who reads it wants a crossover. Other books included one or two issues for Metal but then they go back to their normal storyline so readers who don't want to read an event for months and months aren't going to drop the book. DC isn't interrupting the course of the books with big universe events for more than 2 issues (correct me if I'm wrong)
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. They should always do events like this. Its a win-win situation for both DC and the Readers. I am interested in both stories and don't want to see Batman title reduced to prop up Metal. That's the best way to do Events. Personally i am a bit choosy in Metal One Shots and Tie Ins. I am not getting everything. Someone is getting everything. Look DC how much money you can make out of the situation.

Batman solo book shall be valuable to me if i am choosing to continue with it. Tell good stories there. It shall not be used to service something else. Once in a while it is fine. But more frequent it is, the more is the loss of interest of the book's reader. Keep Events as far away from solo titles as possible and it helps in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Flash 33 is Part 1, Justice League 32 and 33 are Parts 2 and 4, and Hal Jordan & the GLC #32 is Part 3. So, four issues.
    Yeah the solicit for issue 33 of Hal Jordan &tglc is for the new story arc. Very confusing. My bad.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Probably because the Batman title makes no sense so Snyder wanted to stay as far away from that crap as possible.
    I believe the reason that King gave for not being involved in Metal is consistency. He views Batman to be a flagship title that readers should pick up and read rather than being a part of an event that they have to seek out. There seems to be a distinction with crossovers thought, because we've already had both NotMM and the Button. I suppose the distinction is that Batman is an equal part of the story in a crossover and a complimentary piece as a tie-in.

I'm glad that it isn't getting interrupted by Snyder and his story about many evil Batmen.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Likely the REAL reason is that he doesn't want to ruin the big story of his run since the book has already been involved in 2 crossovers already. Batman can't be seeking out Talia and a prisoner of Barbatos at the same time.

It doesn't fit.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.