Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Wow, Ra's isn't winning a "Parent of the year" award any time soon.

Calling it now: Holly is going to interfere somehow to give Selina the edge.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ok what. It was one of the biggest nuances of Talia's character that she never used, nor wanted to use the pit, never wanted immortality. To the point it was used to TORTURE her in Death and the Maidens. This. Is just. So.... AUGHHHH King needs to GO.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wow, that is one sweet cover! I love it!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Holly in that panel looks like she's still reeling from King's revamp .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I mean, it's Ra's, so it doesn't surprise me but somehow I'm not sure if I can see him actually doing that to Talia.

Maybe one of her siblings, but not her.

(Also just seems like a waste of the Pit).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Kinda a new wrinkle in Ra's backstory, in that there was I don't think, before Morrison, any particular story that suggested he was a "bad father" apart from any implication the reader took from him being a not-so-hiding-it international terrorist leader. I tend to recall the comics like not really addressing Talia's opinion of how she was raised.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Okay, I've got an idea: Reveal that it was Talia who went on the killing spree and not Holly. Just made her think she was responsible for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Kinda a new wrinkle in Ra's backstory, in that there was I don't think, before Morrison, any particular story that suggested he was a "bad father" apart from any implication the reader took from him being a not-so-hiding-it international terrorist/leader. I tend to recall the comics like not really addressing Talia's opinion of how she was raised.
    I mean, we know Ra's pushes the people under him to excruciating lengths for his mission, but I always assumed he treated Talia better then he did anyone, especially since he didn't intend for her to be his heir.

Like, this sounds like how Talia raised Damian, which I guess makes sense but just not how I envision Ra's treating Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Okay, I've got an idea: Reveal that it was Talia who went on the killing spree and not Holly. Just made her think she was responsible for some reason.
    With how King is handling Talia at this point, I honestly would not be surprised .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like, this sounds like how Talia raised Damian, which I guess makes sense but just not how I envision Ra's treating Talia.
    I loved Morrison's Inc Talia origin issue, and I feel like Morrison maybe maintained a more palatable take on Ra's being "cold" to young Talia. Morrison did Ra's as more distracted than anything too overt. Like he tried in his own ways, but was too caught up in his narcissistic tedious mission to do all of the little things.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

With how King is handling Talia at this point, I honestly would not be surprised .
    Exactly! King isn't the first one to write her oddly (Looking at you Morrison's cartoon character) but there will always be someone who reverts her back to status quo. Holly does not have that luxury.

I was so mad I dug down to deepest parts of my bookmarks and

http://katefatale.tumblr.com/post/30...yssa-and-talia

THERE! Just ctrl+F or scroll down to "Case #4".

I know DC universe rebooted but you don't change things so integral to a character. UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Exactly! King isn't the first one to write her oddly (Looking at you Morrison's cartoon character) but there will always be someone who reverts her back to status quo. Holly does not have that luxury.
    I've seen female characters written as cartoonishly evil (hello Queenpin Black Cat).

Compared to that Morrison's Talia actually felt nuanced .

BANNED

Meanwhile water is wet & people need air to breath.

This story is miles better than Jokes for Riddles and War.