Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

So i’ve read it,and am left wondering what was the point of this? DIck and damian’s conversation didn’t make much sense- and was bruce listening in? Talia seems to have always been crazy, thanks to her dad and his warped view of the world- and then there’s holly, who shows up at the end. Why exactly did she kill all those people, and why did selina take the rap for her? In the end, did catwoman get her absolution? Even if they do get married, i don’t see it lasting very long; but this cat knows how to land on her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So i’ve read it,and am left wondering what was the point of this? DIck and damian’s conversation didn’t make much sense- and was bruce listening in? Talia seems to have always been crazy, thanks to her dad and his warped view of the world- and then there’s holly, who shows up at the end. Why exactly did she kill all those people, and why did selina take the rap for her? In the end, did catwoman get her absolution? Even if they do get married, i don’t see it lasting very long; but this cat knows how to land on her feet.
    Those people were responsible for bombing an orphanage that Selina and Holly stayed at when they were young. And Selina took the fall for her long time friend. It was explained a while back, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Those people were responsible for bombing an orphanage that Selina and Holly stayed at when they were young. And Selina took the fall for her long time friend. It was explained a while back, actually.
    Though it didn't make much sense that Holly suddenly had gained enough skills to carry it out by going to multiple locations/ countries before even a single other superhero or super-duper counter-espionage agency was able to capture any of these terrorists.

Incredible Member

Like most things in this run, it wasn’t explained well. It was briefly mentioned and that was it. Again, ideas are big but there is no follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Again, ideas are big but there is no follow through.
    With King it should be "ideas are big but often make no f#@&in' sense".

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Though it didn't make much sense that Holly suddenly had gained enough skills to carry it out by going to multiple locations/ countries before even a single other superhero or super-duper counter-espionage agency was able to capture any of these terrorists.
    Selina actually trained her--it was shown in issue #15

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I’m not a regular batman reader.

Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    Selina actually trained her--it was shown in issue #15
    Selina didn't train Holly to become a paramilitary savant, though.
    Hell, something like this, where Selina is the only one to take out all those terrorists in multiple locations before a single operative/superhero from throughout the world got involved (even before a single member of Gotham City's BatGod-family of protector's!) is beyond credible!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m not a regular batman reader.
    These days, I don't blame you.

All-New Member

Selina didn't train Holly to become a paramilitary savant, though.
    Hell, something like this, where Selina is the only one to take out all those terrorists in multiple locations before a single operative/superhero from throughout the world got involved (even before a single member of Gotham City's BatGod-family of protector's!) is beyond credible!

These days, I don't blame you.
    I'm sorry, but I feel like you're nitpicking here. Do you question where the police are if Gotham's criminals are on a crime spree (how can the criminals keep getting out of an secure prison; I don't think everything need to be spelled out)?

I have some problems with King's run, but this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    I'm sorry, but I feel like you're nitpicking here. Do you question where the police are if Gotham's criminals are on a crime spree (how can the criminals keep getting out of an secure prison; I don't think everything need to be spelled out)?
    I don't think you understand how ridiculous this concept is.
    In the original story, terrorists were said to have blown up an orphanage in Gotham City, resulting in the deaths of more people (mostly children) than in our real-world bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma back in 1995.
    Do you mean to tell me not a single Gotham City superhero (like, I don't know, maybe Batman?!?) and not a single trained U.S. Government agency (FBI, CIA, the U.S. military, A.R.G.U.S., the Suicide Squad, etc.) weren't able to apprehend even a single member of the terrorism cell before Holly was able to track down and kill how many of them in multiple locations around the world?!? (And how many of them was she said to have killed?
    Hell, it should be stretching the parameters of credibility if somebody like Deadshot or Lady Shiva was able to pull off such a feat, let alone somebody like Selina or Holly?!?

Incredible Member

I don't think you understand how ridiculous this concept is.
    In the original story, terrorists were said to have blown up an orphanage in Gotham City, resulting in the deaths of more people (mostly children) than in our real-world bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma back in 1995.
    Do you mean to tell me not a single Gotham City superhero (like, I don't know, maybe Batman?!?) and not a single trained U.S. Government agency (FBI, CIA, the U.S. military, A.R.G.U.S., the Suicide Squad, etc.) weren't able to apprehend even a single member of the terrorism cell before Holly was able to track down and kill how many of them in multiple locations around the world?!? (And how many of them was she said to have killed?
    Hell, it should be stretching the parameters of credibility if somebody like Deadshot or Lady Shiva was able to pull off such a feat, let alone somebody like Selina or Holly?!?
    FACT!!! It doesn’t make any damn sense and is not even remotely credible.