Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't think Talia has been taking care of Holly. She looks unkempt.
    She looked pretty unkempt last time we saw her, as I recall.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    I know DC universe rebooted but you don't change things so integral to a character. UGH!
    If the issue is whether there is any precedent to Talia desiring to use the Pits, then the answer is (like it or not) YES. See Batman 330-335 by Wolfman which revealed that Talia used the Pits to stay young/appear young. Now of course later writers would ignore this story or appear to (which was a bit odd since there weren't too many big Ra's arcs & this was treated a big one). But it was early perhaps "classic" Talia canon for a bit.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah but Talia seems to have access to toiletries, a hairbrush and vast wardrobe maybe she could provide her guest with essentials you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    If the issue is whether there is any precedent to Talia desiring to use the Pits, then the answer is (like it or not) YES. See Batman 330-335 by Wolfman which revealed that Talia used the Pits to stay young/appear young. Now of course later writers would ignore this story or appear to (which was a bit odd since there weren't too many big Ra's arcs & this was treated a big one). But it was early perhaps "classic" Talia canon for a bit.
    EXACTLY!

If anything, you have to admit that King has been pulling from the past origins a lot. Maybe not perfectly and maybe not with every character but in this case, Talia talking about being in the pits and her father training her is NOT new. This is from the Bronze Age. Talia and her Dad used to use the pits to keep herself young. And she used the Pit on Jason. Not to mention that Ra's actually used the Pit on her in Batman #335.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 11-09-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Well she always had crazy hair

Not the biggest fan of King's take on Talia. Something just seems off about it to me. Also Catwoman using a sword feels weird too.

Thinking Catwoman is being toyed with, like a cat would play with its toy. Talia could just slice and dice her anytime, but is monologuing to prove a point or for some other purpose. This can't be a real fight.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not the biggest fan of King's take on Talia. Something just seems off about it to me. Also Catwoman using a sword feels weird too.
    It feels in-line with Morrison's Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thinking Catwoman is being toyed with, like a cat would play with its toy. Talia could just slice and dice her anytime, but is monologuing to prove a point or for some other purpose. This can't be a real fight.
    Maybe she is stalling Catwoman so Holly could get away?

She's probably going to use Holly for something. Or maybe train her for something. Like she see that she killed 237 people so maybe she will try to train Holly for assassin duties. Kind of like an "O-Ren Ishii" type situation.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 11-09-2017 at 06:23 PM.

It feels in-line with Morrison's Talia.
    It feels in-line with 90's' Talia too when she's NOT around Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wow, Ra's isn't winning a "Parent of the year" award any time soon.
    Meanwhile water is wet & people need air to breath.

This story is miles better than Jokes for Riddles and War.

Spectacular Member

Granted its just a few pages, but I get the idea that Talia doesnt like Bats choosing another woman over her. And then brought with her to see her. Nothing like an ex parading their current significant other to make you want to run a sword through them.

Last time Bruce rejected her Talia started a criminal empire and almost decimated the world, pretty much just to show how dumb Batman is. So ya, while she might not be in that same place anymore, I think it’s safe to say she wouldn’t be overly pleased by Bruce coming to her with his new fiancé.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Last time Bruce rejected her Talia started a criminal empire and almost decimated the world, pretty much just to show how dumb Batman is. So ya, while she might not be in that same place anymore, I think it’s safe to say she wouldn’t be overly pleased by Bruce coming to her with his new fiancé.
    Would any woman? Bruce Wayne is the Worlds Greatest Detective except when it comes to deducing emotions.