Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Fantastic art and I liked the issue but King keeps writtig for the trade and it shows. Dick just repeated the same "10 year old" joke he pulled last issue on Damian.

Selina`s two pages dialogue about the vow though? Fucking ace.

Dick his father figure? No. He's a big brother who was around for a very formative time in Damian's life. That's why Damian feels more comfortable being open around him and able to say things like "shut up" or "you're an idiot", it's a pretty cut-and-dry older brother/younger brother relationship.
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you think about Bruce's relationship with the male Robins (i'm actually agreed in your assesment about Dick, Damian and Bruce for the most part, so i kind of curious for your opinion of the others).

BANNED

Update on Holly?

Update on Holly?
    She was rescued.

Selina’s speech on Talía was incredible.

503B627E-8FC1-4A5A-9BE5-4265880DF3E1.jpg

This scene was...wow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    She was rescued.
    1. Is she still guilty of all the murders?
    2. How the Hell did she end up with Talia?
    3. Is Selina actually going to be a big enough b**ch that she makes her turn herself in for her if she DID commit all the murders?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Selina’s speech on Talía was incredible.

503B627E-8FC1-4A5A-9BE5-4265880DF3E1.jpg

This scene was...wow.
    Selina is matching Talia in a sword fight (And I'm assuming she wins). That's sillier than any fight that's happened in 'Tec.

Mighty Member

Such a great issue. Selina was awesome. Bruce with Dick and Damian was probably my highlight.

Dick knows Bruce the best, maybe besides Alfred. This and Metal shows that. I like how he knows what is in Bruce's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    3. Is Selina actually going to be a big enough b**ch that she makes her turn herself in for her if she DID commit all the murders?

Selina is matching Talia in a sword fight (And I'm assuming she wins). That's sillier than any fight that's happened in 'Tec.
    Love conquers all, Assam

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Love conquers all, Assam
    Please tell you're joking and he didn't actually have Selina win because of the power of love. (Because that's honestly something I could see King doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Please tell you're joking and he didn't actually have Selina win because of the power of love. (Because that's honestly something I could see King doing)
    I’m joking

1. Apparently, yes
    2. No idea
    3. She told Holly to do the right thing, but not much more.

Talia just fell over and flopped around. King didn't even bother making up some halfway believable excuse. Suetification going strong as always.

BANNED

1. Apparently, yes
    You know, I could have just ignored this run. Let King do his mediocre to bad writing and his marriage plot which, even if it does happen, will be undone in two years, and I wouldn't care. But no, he had to go dragging someone I actually care about through the mud into this.

2. No idea
    I'd take the bet that it won't ever be explained.

3. She told Holly to do the right thing, but not much more.
    If she does go through with it (Right thing? HA!) then I'll go from being disinterested in the marriage to actively rooting against it. (Sorry Sakuyamons)
    Last edited by Assam; 11-15-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Talia just fell over and flopped around. King didn't even bother making up some halfway believable excuse. Suetification going strong as always.
    Yeah, the speech from Selina was good at she is aware and that wont be an issue between her and Bruce in the future (hopefully), but this was really lazy, and weirdly amplified by the fact that Talia literally explains that she trained since she was a child and then Selina rubs it in her face that she can duel with Talia despite any prior experience. Then proceeds to best her in a sword fight, whilst Talia, as you mention, flops around on the floor. Thats kinda like pointing out your own plot holes isnt it? And then Talia just sits by Bruce and is like, I like your wife. What WAS Talias motivation again?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah, the speech from Selina was good at she is aware and that wont be an issue between her and Bruce in the future (hopefully), but this was really lazy, and weirdly amplified by the fact that Talia literally explains that she trained since she was a child and then Selina rubs it in her face that she can duel with Talia despite any prior experience. Then proceeds to best her in a sword fight, whilst Talia, as you mention, flops around on the floor. Thats kinda like pointing out your own plot holes isnt it? And then Talia just sits by Bruce and is like, I like your wife. What WAS Talias motivation again?
    To make Selina look good I assume? I mean, that's all al Ghuls are good for right? Just look at Damian basically "oh, ok" instead of "yeah, right" at Selina getting the best of Talia. This is the kid who long since viewed his mother as the pinnacle of perfection as a woman and warrior. He would never doubt Talia's skills. Hell he probably has an inflated view of them, albeit justified, even when their relationship itself is shit.

Not to mention Dick's non-reaction at Selina bragging at a kid about hurting his mother. Even without considering he personally cares about that kid. I'd expect it from everyone else in that scene but Dick is supposed to be the better adjusted one. And like, when did Selina go from being surprised at "the Ex" to knowing she's the mother of Bat's son. And knowing the history and relationship between Talia and Damian intimately enough to know Damian wouldn't be effected by that kind of comment?