Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    People of color have been Jedi. It's mostly been in the prequels and its tv shows due to that being the only period you could have more than what was already locked in. Mace Windu in the films was even critical to what spawned Darth Vader (one of if not the most famous cinematic villain) and while Vader was portrayed by many actors, he is most famously voiced by a black actor who still does it to this day. It deserves more prominence, but the OT and prequels got locked in and while I've never seen the casting sheets, I doubt Lucas was all that worried about a specific actor to play certain roles. You sometimes get whomever is available but regardless, yes, people of color have been Jedi and some of the most famous characters of a franchise or generation.
    That's great and all, now let's see it on the big screen done with conviction. Most people i know that watched the Force Awakens movie had the same response of laughter at the bait and switch treatment of Finn. The feeling was that this was typical of Hollywood when writes the narrative of men of color. Mace was more an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That's great and all, now let's see it on the big screen done with conviction. Most people i know that watched the Force Awakens movie had the same response of laughter at the bait and switch treatment of Finn. The feeling was that this was typical of Hollywood when writes the narrative of men of color. Mace was more an exception.
    Huh? Personally, I think Finn is on the list of best post-Disney Star Wars characters.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hopefully Rian does a better job creating villains.