Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They'll probably announce more tomorrow since that's when Taylor said was the proper announcement.
    Asrar just confirmed it on his own Twitter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't see why X-23 would be on the team if the real 616 Logan is available, besides unless I'm mistaken Jean wouldn't even know who Laura is...
    Because he can take over for the Old Man on any of the three team books he's already on now that he's become redundant with Logan's return.

And presumably this spins out of Phoenix Resurrection, so there could be a story reason for it (if the preview panels we saw of Laura fighting "Magneto" a couple weeks ago are from PR, then she has SOME role in the miniseries that may set it up).

BANNED

Really not keen on Jean as leader. Might give this a peek if the rest of the cast is good though, as the creative team is better than Blue's or Gold's.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I honestly really like the way the costume looks on the cover. I know that's going to be unpopular, but I think it looks cool. I'm more disappointed that upon her return they just decided to do a 90s rehash with a color swap. But like I said, I do think the way it looks on that cover is cool. Has a very armor like vibe to it.

As for the team, I think Laura and Gambit are a give. I haven't read anything with Taylor, do people generally like his work?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Happy to see Asrar on an X-book, love his work. Don't like what I can see of the costume though. They teased "Red" a while ago, I just assumed it referred to the return of Jean rather than a new title. Hopefully we get some more details about the cast tomorrow.

Was not expecting them to go back to the 90's look for Jean's new costume .

I'm not against it but I agree that it does seem a little clunky on that cover.

I guess we really are sticking with colors for the main X-Men team titles, although "X-Men Red" for a Jean Grey-led X-Men team seems fitting .

Taylor and Asrar together is a solid team and I'm definitely eager to see what the roster is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I honestly really like the way the costume looks on the cover. I know that's going to be unpopular, but I think it looks cool. I'm more disappointed that upon her return they just decided to do a 90s rehash with a color swap. But like I said, I do think the way it looks on that cover is cool. Has a very armor like vibe to it.

As for the team, I think Laura and Gambit are a give. I haven't read anything with Taylor, do people generally like his work?
    He is writing Injustice, but haven't read it.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I'm kinda surprised that they're having Jean headline a team even though she's barely coming back. I was at least hoping for a mini about her dealing with everything that has happened. Hopefully that'll be portrayed in Phoenix Resurrection or X-Men Red.

I actually like the chunkiness of the costume. Though I can see its going to divide people. I'll definitely be picking this up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that they're having Jean headline a team even though she's barely coming back. I was at least hoping for a mini about her dealing with everything that has happened. Hopefully that'll be portrayed in Phoenix Resurrection or X-Men Red.
    I think she's been due leadership of the X-Men and Marvel knows it. I like how she gets her own squad named after her (or her hair anyway). Maybe decades later down the line, the X-Men will be as known for having a Red Team as they are known for their Blue and Gold teams.

I despise the costume, but at least her hair is long. Was afraid she might get the Carol treatment or her X2 or Ultimate universe haircuts.

I'm curious to see what the premise is for this book and what the teams goals are, given it seems like Gold will still be the "flagship" book going forward.

All-New Member

If Storm be part of Jean's team in X-Men Red, then I want her to get out of X-Men Gold.
    It's a shame, but Marvel is not interested in releasing Uncanny X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh-X View Post
    If Storm be part of Jean's team in X-Men Red, then I want her to get out of X-Men Gold.
    It's a shame, but Marvel is not interested in releasing Uncanny X-Men.
    I was wondering too if Storm might be a part of Jean's team. I'd really like that, both for getting her out of X-Men Gold, but also so Ororo and Jean can get screentime together again.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

They would give Jean a hideous costume!

Yet, I do have a fetish for ugly Jean. So conflicted!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS SO FREAKIN GREAT OMG.

Maybe for the roster we'll see something like this?

Jean
    Bobby
    Laura
    Ororo
    Remy

then one or two others?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey