Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

If Gold is continuing I like that it presents Jean with the possibility of interacting with some different people. Gold is a straight up homage to the Claremont-Byrne days and if most of those characters are staying put Jean's team could be something completely different.

BANNED

Jean leading her own team? YES!

::Scrolls down::
    WTF IS THAT COSTUME!? Seriously. Hype deflated.

Wait, why does everyone seem to think that Bobby will be on this team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Because he basically came out to a version of Jean and it would be reasonable to assume that Real Jean was aware too.

More than that, they could both use an old platonic relationship while they will both need to explore new romantic relationships. The pairing is a logical kickback to All New #40 while allowing for them to grow further as friends.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 11-09-2017 at 05:23 PM.

I hope it’s

Jean
    Storm
    Magik
    Gambit
    Logan
    Iceman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Because, as lampshaded in the Iceman solo, he's one of the only A-List X-Men characters that isn't on any kind of team right now, baby Bobby excluded, and would be right at home on a team with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Because he basically came out to a version of Jean and it would be reasonable to assume that Real Jean was aware too.
    Didn't Lobdell write a scene that implied Jean knew in the 90's?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

This is probably the book with one of Rogue or Gambit in it.

Probably because he isn't on a team currently.

BANNED

That makes no sense.

This is a stupid reason to put someone on a team. Even Emma knew.

BANNED

Bobby and Jean haven't had interaction in years and I miss that. I absolutely hope Bobby will be on her team. Lorna would be a nice addition too but who am I kidding with that last one.

ok but that costume looks like a Sentinel mixed with her 90s.

Glad she is keeping the phoenix from the looks of it, but wouldn't had minded the original Phoenix costume or something like it rather than the 90s one lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Bobby and Jean haven't had interaction in years and I miss that. I absolutely hope Bobby will be on her team. Lorna would be a nice addition too but who am I kidding with that last one.
    I'm increasingly expecting that Lorna won't be on anything at all next year specifically because it's her 50th anniversary. Fans are going to be celebrating it, while The Gifted (if it, hopefully, gets a second season) will still have her as a major star. Both things Marvel won't want to acknowledge any more than they have to.

It's okay though. Once Marvel confirms they won't do anything for her, I'll add a mock-up "X-Men Green" cover to the list of things I'm going to commission next year.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Didn't Lobdell write a scene that implied Jean knew in the 90's?
    I remember the scene you're talking about very vaguely. Jean and Bobby were at the mall talking. Jean was sitting down with a book in hand. Don't remember what exactly was said, but in hindsight it probably resonates to read it that way regardless.

They say writers had been hinting about Bobby for years before the Bendis story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That makes no sense.
    Yeah I realized I didn't quite finish the thought clearly right after I posted.

It just makes sense to see how their friendship might evolve considering how Young Jean forced that reveal.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 11-09-2017 at 05:32 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Don't be surprised if Blue continues to feature Lorna as a major player, along with Magneto and Danger. With this reveal I entirely expect Blue to become sort of like Bunn's Uncanny.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Really not keen on Jean as leader.
    Remember when Jean turned Cargill into a mind-controlled slave, and her whole plan was to just make up a telepathic battle in Magneto's head where Dazzler dies and a whole bunch of cannon fodder newbies get thrown at random until Wolvie just stabs him? lol

We'll see. I don't know this writer, maybe he can do better than Lobdell.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!