Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Interesting that everyone is bringing up Iceman since he ALSO has a black/red palette in his outfit. Just like Firestar, Wolverine, Hellion, Mercury, and Dust (as a token considering Editorial forgot all their black X-Men characters).
    Most of the X-Men Gold members got black/red costumes on the latest covers... And Rachel, who already had one, is soon to be "fundamentally changed". I see what you're doing Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I'd love to see Dust on this team as well. Sooraya's first contact with the X-Men was with Jean and she quoted her to Laura as well. Plus, I don't think Marvel ever followed up on the storyline of Sooraya's mom being help captive by the Taliban.
    Didn't Logan find her?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Very good to have the real Jean back. Wonder who she is leading and their distinctive raison d'etre. The outfit is dreadful. Really. Horrible.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't Logan find her?
    ... Sort of, kind of. Logan found her but all he did was take her to the local X-Corps branch. Jean was the one that first connected with her and helped her control her powers.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yes! Put Cable, Laura and Gambit on this team with her and it’s a huge winner.

It's been a long time since I was excited like this. I hope the rest of the team is good ! I hope Teenclops, Teen Grey and any version of Wolverine are not in this team.

Fantastic Member

I've always wanted/imagined about a team "beyond" blue and gold, so while not really a thing in-story at the moment as far as outright saying there's a blue and gold team, I like having a Red team in title at least.

Mixed feelings on the costume. For a random speculation, maybe the armor is a limiter for a Phoenix-y suit (and accompanying power) underneath. The 90's ish headgear does hit my nostalgia button I'll admit.

At the same time I hope the team arrangement is not too much "seen it before" like Blue and Gold were, though Blue has gotten quite a bit better on this. New, seldom seen or even the classic young audience surrogate would be welcome additions in my view.

Gambit and Cable being on this team with her would be seriously reminiscent of Claremont’s Uncanny team during the Revolution era. That was a great team IMO (Jean, Cable, Beast, Storm, Gambit), and it didn’t get a long enough run.

BANNED

I'm hoping it's her and maybe one other character she has a connection with but the rest of her teammates should be people she hasn't really interacted with. I want to see new relationships for her, not retreads of old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I'm hoping it's her and maybe one other character she has a connection with but the rest of her teammates should be people she hasn't really interacted with. I want to see new relationships for her, not retreads of old ones.
    Cable for the connection. Laura for the not so much connection. And she and Gambit, while friends, never had a huge connection. But I agree. I don’t want to see her interacting with other O5 members or Logan or even Storm really for the thousandth time. That stuff is played out AF.

I’m dying for new team dynamics. Not the same old retread teams.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I hope it’s

Jean
    Storm
    Magik
    Gambit
    Logan
    Iceman
    This would be awesome, but with Laura and Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gambit and Cable being on this team with her would be seriously reminiscent of Claremont’s Uncanny team during the Revolution era. That was a great team IMO (Jean, Cable, Beast, Storm, Gambit), and it didn’t get a long enough run.
    I always loved that team too. Minus Cable, it was the original team Claremont had planned back in the 90s when the X-Men were split up in Blue and Gold. I think Wolverine was supposed to be in Cable's place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable for the connection. Laura for the not so much connection. And she and Gambit, while friends, never had a huge connection. But I agree. I don’t want to see her interacting with other O5 members or Logan or even Storm really for the thousandth time. That stuff is played out AF.

I’m dying for new team dynamics. Not the same old retread teams.
    I always liked the little that we saw of Jean and Remy when they interacted. Like their "kiss" in X-Men 1, or when Jean joins Ororo and Remy in Cairo and they have to protect her from pickpockets. And of course the infamous issue of Lorna's bachelor party where Jean admits she never understood Remy's physical appeal.

Hmm...now that I think about it, I wonder if X-men Black really will be the name of a title. Perhaps a new X-Force type book? Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I always loved that team too. Minus Cable, it was the original team Claremont had planned back in the 90s when the X-Men were split up in Blue and Gold. I think Wolverine was supposed to be in Cable's place.
    Turned out much more interesting with Nathan there than Logan. At least IMO. Really enjoyed his and Jean’s interactions in that book.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Like I said in the Jean thread, I'd like to see a mix of familiar faces, new faces, and/or relationships that haven't been touched on in a long time.

For example, ANY of the X-Terminator kids that were X-Factor's charges? Of them, the most popular is Boom Boom so she'd make the most sense, and if Laura is on this team (and with Taylor I think that's likely), or even Cable, she would have an in.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I'm simultaneously overwhelmed and underwhelmed. X-Men Red means no Uncanny X-Men, at least not yet anyway. While all-new lineups are appreciated, its been quite a while since we've seen all the A-listers together. Obviously, the intention is to keep Blue & Gold running, so I imagine their rosters will remain relatively intact. There remains a number of characters who could be on Jean's new team and I'm incredibly excited to see the full roster.

Jean's new costume really isn't great. I appreciate that they've tried to do something new, but it's a lil bit too clunky for my tastes. Love the nostalgia, but it needs some tweaking. Interesting that she appears to have kept the Phoenix.

• I bet whoever is leaving Gold will migrate to Red. My bet's on Ororo given her friendship with Jean. It's a nice way of balancing out the powerhouses across the X-teams too.
    • Iceman is another logical choice given he isn't currently on any team, and it'd reunite two of the O5. Plus the colors of his costume already align with the theme.
    • We know Wolverine (Laura) has been teased as joining a team book. Is this the place? If so, adjustments to her costume could go down really well. I'm sure she'd look great in red.
    • Wolverine (Logan) might just stay away. We don't need two sets of claws in one book. After he's back to his normal self without an Infinity Stone, I expect he'll take over for Old Man Logan in Gold, Astonishing, Weapon X or maybe all three.
    • Hellion is another teased character that we know is coming back somewhere. If Laura is here, then Julian might be too. Powerhouse telekinetic Jean can mentor him too.
    • Gambit is assumably joining, as we know from teases that either he or Rogue are joining a new team book, and Rogues already pretty busy.
    • X-Man was just recently teased as making a comeback. Could this be the place? I'm sure the family reunion would be touching.
    • Beast isn't in a team book either, other than supposedly joining the Avengers Unity Squad at some point. Another O5er and resident genius.
    • Cable isn't on a big X-team either, and he's very 90s, like Jean's costume, and has family ties.
    • Dust, Mercury, and Rockslide all would look great in the colors and would be logical choices if Laura and/or Hellion are around. Depends on how much Taylor and editorial wish to blend different generations of X-Men.

Another thing to consider is that the Astonishing X-Men may still disassemble and/or have changes on their roster. I'd love to see Warren with Jean & Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Don't be surprised if Blue continues to feature Lorna as a major player, along with Magneto and Danger. With this reveal I entirely expect Blue to become sort of like Bunn's Uncanny.
    If X-Men Blue loses the young O5, then it might evolve into a book for the more seasoned X-Men. Bunn might readopt Mystique and Sabretooth from the last run of Uncanny. Throw in a wildcard like Frenzy, Xorn, Sunfire, Banshee, or Elixir etc. and you've got a bloody brilliant cast to rival the more heroic teams over in Red & Gold.