Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired

Default JL review embargo lifts early

The JUSTICE LEAGUE review embargo lifts November 10, 9 am PST.

We'll start hearing the first reactions to JUSTICE LEAGUE tomorrow.

Retired

...Or at least for social media. According to the above source, "Official review embargo stays the same," but we'll see if that holds true.

BANNED

Reviews mixed, but largely positive so far.

http://mashable.com/2017/11/10/justi...1#pRXS5wy9XmqY

BANNED

The review embargo has not lifted early. The social media embargo has; it was always meant to lift today.

social media always goes up around now, doesn't mean much since it's a lot easier to control that than actual reviewers, Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman came out around the same time and got praised to high heaven before the actual critics started skewering them

Retired

Default JL review embargo lifts early?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The review embargo has not lifted early. The social media embargo has; it was always meant to lift today.
    Post in haste, regret in leisure. If you could just add a question mark (?) to my topic title, I'd be much obliged. Thanks in advance.

Well, embargo or not, this is a good sign, especially for a DC movie:

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Reviews mixed, but largely positive so far.

http://mashable.com/2017/11/10/justi...1#pRXS5wy9XmqY
    If it seems more lighthearted, I'd like to think more that WB learned its lesson that it shouldn't be aping Nu52, but more of Rebirth, rather than trying to copy any Marvel style. The Nu52 books on average were usually trying too hard to be "edgy," which somehow transitioned into film. Since Rebirth, I've found DC books to be way more fun in the more traditionally DC sense, even though the stakes are roughly the same in scale and darkness. A little levity and spirit can go a long way.

When i saw the trailer in front of Thor Ragnarok the CGI looked more polished and thd colors looked to be punched up. Now if they really didnl any of that or its just in my head idk. Maybe the DFX screen just made the trailer pop but i thought it looked better visualy... Excepy cyborg that CGI was still jarring to me. Im going next saturday im excited. But ive been excited for every DCEU movie and WW was the only on that didnt let me down

Why are there two threads of the same topic? Someone needs to merge them.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-11-2017 at 05:15 AM.

BANNED

It happens. Best thing as users to do is just not post in the duplicate thread.

BANNED

This legitimately looks like the best DC movie sine The Dark Knight. More importantly, to me, it feels like the best. But I've been burned by every one of them since Man of Steel. I keep saying I will never give them another chance, and I always seem to give it to them anyway. Still, despite how good it looks, the past makes me very challenged to be excited by this film. Right now, the thing about that interests me the most is:

Is there an in-story reason for the ridiculous appearance of Flash's costume? It looks like something alternate-reality Bruce Wayne designed on his very worst day.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Is there an in-story reason for the ridiculous appearance of Flash's costume? It looks like something alternate-reality Bruce Wayne designed on his very worst day.
    Isn't the suit designed that way to disperse the heat friction that Flash creates from moving so fast? That's what I read somewhere, at any rate.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Isn't the suit designed that way to disperse the heat friction that Flash creates from moving so fast? That's what I read somewhere, at any rate.
    Soooo...does that mean that the suit IS designed by Bruce? The trailers don't suggest that Barry has the knowledge or resources to create a suit like that.

And I don't think the design would achieve that purpose anyway, but that's not a very significant point.

Haven't seen the film yet, but my friends and I trash the Justice League trailer and give our thoughts on it. See what we think about it.

https://youtu.be/nsrKUweQazU
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

This movie doesn’t need to redefine the genre or be “the best reviewed superhero movie ever!” If its just considered “good” it will be a victory for WB. There is way too much riding on this movie for them to take major risks. Just make a fun movie with some fanboy moments thrown in for good measure. From the early reviews it sounds like that’s what they’ve done.