Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: illmunati

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can agree that the Illuminati made a lot of mistakes. Sending the Hulk into outer space was not one of them
    I'm quite bummed he didn't tag team with Namor when he came back.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic View Post
    it is human nature.no one is saint.
    Yup, Namor himself pointed out their flaws (and got his own flaws pointed back) during their first meeting in Wakanda.
    That's the whole premise of the Illuminati any way
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Spectacular Member

who is queen of knight four

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given Hulk has saved the world and helped save the universe a couple times, I honestly don't see how the bad Hulk causes comes even close to the good he'said done.
    Let me guess, you're of the opinion that nobody was ever hurt in a Hulk rampage? Like Las Vegas (prompting the Illuminati action) or in Hulk #300 in Manhattan?

Spectacular Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Let me guess, you're of the opinion that nobody was ever hurt in a Hulk rampage? Like Las Vegas (prompting the Illuminati action) or in Hulk #300 in Manhattan?
    I am with you they should send hulk away .plenty of heroes can replace hulk that will not do collateral damage.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    This is arguable and Hickman had established in FFark Reign they are not a good idea every time they got involved things screw up. Shown by examples of alternate reality versions of them.
    Which lead Reed to the right conclusion that the things they try to do are to big for them. For me this was only the half truth the other for me is they are not as heroes in this group.

You can say their error was the assumption that they are at the end of the food chain.

The other thing was out of TRO there were others who could give solutions until the end like Future Franklin and his planet phasing satellite or AIM Avengers planetary shield system.

On the other hand a cosmic version of the Illuminati would work like:
    Cable(full power), Rachel Summer(full power), Jean Grey, Rick Jones(Destiny Power), Franklin Richards , Legion , Molecule Man(?), and Valeria Richards
    Well it was shown in Dark Reign that the best way for Reed to handle to the Illuminati issue was to get rid ion them. It also showed that expanding its ranks to be more diverse in thinking was good (the version where Magneto and Doom were members).

I think you can argue that was a mistake too. It ended up doing more harm than good.
    Let’s look at the effects:

Hulk and his Warbound Invade Earth
    Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Abomination created
    Fall of the Hulks
    World War Hulks
    Hulk Agent of SHIELD
    Red Hulk in Thunderbolts
    Amadeus Cho and Hercules fugitives
    Skarr on Earth

Red Hulk sure caused a lot problems, while in contrast the Hulk was a more reconciling agent, after World War Hulk.

I am with you they should send hulk away .plenty of heroes can replace hulk that will not do collateral damage.
    Yes, you do have to wonder what the use of the Hulk is in the MU? The MU is a melange of all sorts if characters, docile, traditional, and savage. This is not a world where everything is nice, if only all the dangers and villains would just go away. This is a very harsh, brutal, place, and sometimes you have to meet fire with fire. Yes, other heroes could do what Hulk does, but nobody has the combination of utmost savagery coupled with delicate empathy the way Hulk does it. I suppose Hulks longevity is because we all love that about him. He can be the nastiest of monsters, and then he can be the most compassionate monster as well. When the Torch was killed in the Negative Zone, and Ben was beating himself up about, Thor and Hulk took Ben aside and allowed Ben to pummel on them until he let out his anguish. I was surprised Hulk had that dimension. Sure, we could get rid of the Hulk, but I think the world would be worse off for his absence.

Sakaar was better off having the Hulks presence, while Earth was worse off, as a result of Planet Hulk.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-23-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I wouldn't say no one was hurt by Hulls rampages. But the number of lives saved vastly outnumber the number of lives short. Again, he's helped save the world and the universe. The math alone arguably justified leaving the Hulk be.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, you do have to wonder what the use of the Hulk is in the MU? The MU is a melange of all sorts if characters.
    I mean he is there because he is fictional character.marvel wants to sell hulk comics thats why he is there. if he was in real world I would have sent him away.

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't say no one was hurt by Hulls rampages. But the number of lives saved vastly outnumber the number of lives short. Again, he's helped save the world and the universe. The math alone arguably justified leaving the Hulk be.
    they can create another hulk without rampage tendencies.

I mean he is there because he is fictional character.marvel wants to sell hulk comics thats why he is there. if he was in real world I would have sent him away.
    It’s not the real world. So we enjoy having the Hulk around because he’s fictional. This guy who solves problems his way. I never realised how versatile Hulk was until Planet Hulk.

they can create another hulk without rampage tendencies.
    There had yet to be another Hulk who has effectively done the good Bruce has done. A descent percentage of Hulks we've seen since we're frankly worse than Bruce.

Spectacular Member

There had yet to be another Hulk who has effectively done the good Bruce has done. A descent percentage of Hulks we've seen since we're frankly worse than Bruce.
    I did not mean another hulk.i meant another superhero with another powers.

I did not mean another hulk.i meant another superhero with another powers.
    World is filled with super heroes, but that doesn't mean Hulk still hasn't done a world of good.

Spectacular Member

World is filled with super heroes, but that doesn't mean Hulk still hasn't done a world of good.
    hulk will cease to exist.new hero would be created.no difference.