Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Why do people still want Scarlet Witch on an X-team?

1 - she was responsible for the mutant genocide. It's like inviting Red Skull to an Avengers-team.

2 - She's not mutant.

So, then, who's next? Medusa and Black Bolt? Pff

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

1 - she was responsible for the mutant genocide. It's like inviting Red Skull to an Avengers-team.

2 - She's not mutant.

I see RED more fighting the Scarlet Witch and bringing her to Justice than inviting her in... same should apply for Medusa and BBolt (hard to believe he knew nothing about the Cloud as a mutant genocidial killer)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

2 - She's not mutant.

Wanda was insane when she did what she did. Medusa and BB are just straight up psychos.

Wanda has a history with the XMEN, the Royals don't.

Anyway, I used to hate on Wanda until the Royals arrived. Now her transgressions seem minor compared to them.

Plus, XMEN, unlike other teams, are more likely to rehabilitate "villains" like Rogue, Magneto and Emma.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scarlet Witch also restarted the birth of new mutants but let's keep throwing her under the bus.

Also she ain't joining any X-Man team with that movie rubbish still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scarlet Witch also restarted the birth of new mutants but let's keep throwing her under the bus.

Disney may or may not be buying 20th Century Fox soon.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean Grey
    Polaris
    Bishop
    Beast
    Gambit

Who this book should have:

Jean
    Scott
    Hank
    Bobby
    Warren

Let the healing begin!

Who we will be stuck with:

Jean
    Lorna
    Alex
    Illyana
    Laura
    Hank

Are they keeping the Jean Grey book?

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Are they keeping the Jean Grey book?
    People are figuring that it'll be over, but as far as I know there hasn't been anything announced. That said, the current arc had ends in January, and the whole book has been about the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I see RED more fighting the Scarlet Witch and bringing her to Justice than inviting her in... same should apply for Medusa and BBolt (hard to believe he knew nothing about the Cloud as a mutant genocidial killer)
    Sorry, but don't get your hopes up too high...

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Wanda was insane when she did what she did. Medusa and BB are just straight up psychos.

Wanda has a history with the XMEN, the Royals don't.

Anyway, I used to hate on Wanda until the Royals arrived. Now her transgressions seem minor compared to them.

Plus, XMEN, unlike other teams, are more likely to rehabilitate "villains" like Rogue, Magneto and Emma.
    You see, this holds true for everyone else, even to Wanda, Medusa, and Black Bolt. but none of that applies to Cyclops.
    It was all about "EvilClops or "KillerClops" or "HitlerClops" or "Everybody hates Cyclops" with him.
    That's the question.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Considering, in canon, it had zero effect on mutants, back when a mutant / Inhuman royal marriage (complete with a kid) was a thing**, I wouldn't blame Black Bolt for not knowing that the Mist had been changed by editorial to be harmful to mutants, just in time for the next faux 'choose a side!' marketing gimmick fight between superheroes... I blame Twilight for making that a thing. I'm not sure how the X-Men and Inhumans (or Tony and Steve, or Avengers vs. X-Men, or Batman v. Superman) map over to Team Sparkly Vampire or Team Shirtless Werewolf, but it's the same damn boring ginned-up controversy dividing the fanbase nonsense. It's worse than foil variant covers, because at least I could ignore those, and they didn't crap all over some of my favorite characters.

**(Of course, back then, Quicksilver was Magneto's son, and Inhumans couldn't live on Earth because of the air quality, and the planet wasn't crawling with humans who had a smidge of Inhuman DNA, and Inhuman racial diversity was 'white, white, white, fish-dude with a white brother, white, white, a dog,' so other things have also changed... There's probably an Inhuman with the special power to keep all the retcons straight in their head, but it's obviously not Black Bolt!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-10-2017 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, poor Wanda, just do that with Cyclops and Emma.

***SIGH***

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I could see it being

Jean
    Storm (best friend and possibly leaving Gold)
    Iceman (adult Bobby needs some serious face time with adult Jean after the coming out)
    Gambit
    Dazzler (she was introduced in the Dark Phoenix saga, was part of the Eve of Destruction team, and is currently in limbo and a fan favorite)
    One of the Wolverines (cause there has to be one apparently)
    Havok (maaayyybeee)

I'm sure there might be one or two other slots but I am having a hard time figuring out what "brick" they would use for this book. She has good relationships with Colossus and Rogue, but they could go the Warpath route or even one of the New Xmen kids. Also Polaris is a good option due to their often talked about but never really shown friendship as well as Dust or even Cipher from the Institute days.

It also seems they are going to use a new character from what I have read. Not sure if it will be totally new or just new to the X-line.

But depending on cast, I will probably buy this. I do enjoy Jean, she was the character that got me through the 90s when Dazzler was in Mojoworld.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I won't dwell on this point, but that's like saying I should be forgiven/praised for shoving a kid into the road and then pulling him outta harm's way when a car speeds by. Yeah, I pulled him outta the way, but I'm the one who shoved him there in the first place. So I'm still an @$$hole...Not that I've ever actually done that, of course.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

absolutely not! suggesting scarlet witch is de facto blasphemy considering what's she's put the books through.

nate grey is supposedly coming back. i think it may be for this book.