Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    . . . if you really have to bring this one back... then she should have another name, 'Blue Snowman' just sounds like something from the bottom end of Batman's gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well the whole thing about her name is not to guess her gender is probably overdone trope but what should her name be?
    Would "Yellow Snowman" sound more threatening?

I was looking at an Golden Age WW villain called "The Great Blue Father", a scientist who has his own cult and does experiments on his followers, I was wondering if the two Blue villains could be connected like Snowman actually grew up in GBF's cult and actually refers to him as "Father" the father shes trying to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I was looking at an Golden Age WW villain called "The Great Blue Father", a scientist who has his own cult and does experiments on his followers, I was wondering if the two Blue villains could be connected like Snowman actually grew up in GBF's cult and actually refers to him as "Father" the father shes trying to live up to.
    That would be an interesting connection. How would you want the cult to act and work?

That would be an interesting connection. How would you want the cult to act and work?
    I say its just a group of normal emotionally distraught people who are taken in by GBF's "love and tolerance" and try please to him at any cost but to him its an experiment to see how far people can go for "love". One of his experiments is Snowman and throws her out in the world to see how far she is willing to go for him and his "love".

Maybe one of the most far is by Dr.Brilliant herself. That by a young age her smarts and intelligent was great and so he took her under his wing.

Mighty Member

Despite what many would think Wonder Woman has a surprisingly large rouges gallery. While a few are in public domain (Ares, Circe, etc.), there are also some have gained popularity from being in cartoons such as Super Friends (Giganta, Cheetah, etc.). However, Diana still has so many villains that are uniquely hers yet don’t get to be out in the spotlight too often due to many different circumstances (multiple reboots, everyone wanting to create their own villain, etc)

We have gotten to see a somewhat modernized take on Paula von Gunther in the cartoon Batman the Brave and the Bold, and even got Dr. Poison in the Wonder Woman movie, so maybe we are off to a good start, but far too many rogues are left out of the public eye.
    Byrna Brilyant is one of those villains who definitely have potential, but they don’t seem to do anything with her. She isn’t even Wonder Woman’s only, or FIRST ice themed villain (that position belonging to Minister Blizzard)

Granted, her latest appearance in 2010’s Power Girl 7 was a step in the right direction as making her suit more armored and robotic looking (and more like an actual snowman), was actually a pretty a great direction aesthetically. While still in a way goofy looking, didn’t look like a middle aged man, and could still pull off the “that’s a woman in disguise?” thing that a quite a few of Wonder Woman’s older female rogues did in their first appearance. That big hulking suit of course is featureless; and while we have made advancements in this day and age people still generally would ASSUME that there is a man piloting that thing. So while she isn’t INTENTIONALLY trying to look like a man, people could often assume it from first encountering her (which could actually enrage her).

Of course, in Power Girl she was jobbed (as Wonder Woman villains often are when facing other heroes…) but still…

She is one of Wonder Woman’s more Sci-Fi based baddies, as while she didn’t really invent the “blue snow” that she uses to petrify, she is still is a brilliant roboticist. Her Blue Snowman identity is a robotic mechanical suit, which could believably augment her strength to challenge Diana physically.

One thing that people often forget is her father was the one who created the blue snow, but Byrna used his legacy for her own selfish reasons. Of course we could delve more into her relationship with her deceased father? How was that like? Maybe he was one of those parents who are consumed by work? His blue snow that he died inventing was supposed to “serve humanity”. Maybe she has resentment toward her father and his invention because he overworked himself to death to create this invention. Even small things like her not being recognized for her achievements (living in her father's shadow, everyone assuming a man built her suit etc.) could give her some sympathy while not excusing her actions.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 02-13-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: image tags

How should her suit be designed? I do think that her suit should be more androgynous

This character is a challenge for me creatively...I can never seem to develop a modern version that I'm happy with. Although I'm intrigued by Mutant God's idea of connecting her to The Great Blue Father. I'll have to give that some thought.

Alternatively, my head has been spinning around possibly making an association between Byrna and Minister Blizzard.

How should her suit be designed? I do think that her suit should be more androgynous
    If you were to go the mystical cyborg route, then the bulky snowman suit could be a shell she creates to protect herself when she fights.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If you were to go the mystical cyborg route, then the bulky snowman suit could be a shell she creates to protect herself when she fights.
    True, there is the alt mode and the fighting mode. So we have her being a scientist wanting to save the polar ice caps. What else could she be interested has to why she also be into committing crimes? I mean even if we keep her stealing her fathers work how good of a scientist should she be?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

True, there is the alt mode and the fighting mode. So we have her being a scientist wanting to save the polar ice caps. What else could she be interested has to why she also be into committing crimes? I mean even if we keep her stealing her fathers work how good of a scientist should she be?
    How about making Blue Snowman have the ability to create an indestructible body made of ice?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    How about making Blue Snowman have the ability to create an indestructible body made of ice?
    Until they have salt thrown on them.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Until they have salt thrown on them.
    Well it sounded a lot cooler in my head. Well how about her like the Snow Queen and have her the ability to freeze wills and turn people into her puppets?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well it sounded a lot cooler in my head. Well how about her like the Snow Queen and have her the ability to freeze wills and turn people into her puppets?
    that's a rather drastic change, and probably not a good idea. I think having her as a physical threat is probably better. Now, it might be neat to have her as part of an Injust-Ice league, with Snow Queen as one of the other villains.

Why not have her be both a physical body and also be able to create ice bodies as a way to put attention on them. Any idea of what her suit should look like? I mean other than the generally white or blue colors what different colors should her suit be?