Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But it's pretty dated isn't it? Well if Evilness could get a chance to shine why not Blue Snowman.
    All current comics are filled with dated materials. It's only that we as readers and writers pick and choose which aspects we're willing to accept.

And it's Eviless, which is slightly less ridiculous than Evilness. There were no issues with Eviless as far as I'm considered, when we live in a universe where names like Sinestro, Atrocitus, Dr. Doom, and Mister Sinister are just fine.

As for Blue Snowman, her concept was fine in my opinion. She just really needs someone like Grant Morrison to come along and embrace the kookiness of the character.

With many ice villain there is usually a different origin or a few things that makes them different. We have most agreeing she should be a eco terrorist. So what should set her apart? Maybe she gets stronger because she can steal other ice powers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    There's always my Snow Queen revamp you can take it if you'd I'm personally not even sure whether I'd use it myself.
    Thank you! Thank you!

I’ll keep that in mind.

If we use the post crisis design in power girl. What function would her smoke pipe be?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Technically she's a snow villain, and they're hard to come by.

BTW, she also has Minister Blizzard. Very few heroes get two ice villains!

Also, please. Please. Her name is Blue Snowman. Not Blue Snow.
    Two ice villains? I wonder if both ever teamed up against her lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    ZOMG... so many frigid heroes and villains across the multi-multiverses.

Blue Snowman
    Minister Blizzard
    Blizard
    Ice
    Killer Frost
    Mr. Freeze
    Frozone
    Iceman
    Ice Maiden
    Blizzard
    Captain Cold
    Mister Zero
    Icicle
    Princess/Queen Elsa
    Chilla
    Chillblaine
    Icer
    Frosta
    Jack Frost...

It goes on and on. You're a nobody in the hero echelon until you have a snowy adversary.
    Weirdly enough, I think Superman never had any ice villain, guess not everyone has the privilege

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Thank you! Thank you!

I’ll keep that in mind.
    You're most welcome.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    All current comics are filled with dated materials. It's only that we as readers and writers pick and choose which aspects we're willing to accept.

And it's Eviless, which is slightly less ridiculous than Evilness. There were no issues with Eviless as far as I'm considered, when we live in a universe where names like Sinestro, Atrocitus, Dr. Doom, and Mister Sinister are just fine.

As for Blue Snowman, her concept was fine in my opinion. She just really needs someone like Grant Morrison to come along and embrace the kookiness of the character.
    Yeah but the problem with Wonder Woman's villains is that most of them have not evolved past their dated concepts unlike a lot of DC villains. And yeah my mistake on Eviless's name. Too bad she wasn't the focus of Mr. Morrison's Earth one story.

ZOMG... so many frigid heroes and villains across the multi-multiverses.

Blue Snowman
    Minister Blizzard
    Blizard
    Ice
    Killer Frost
    Mr. Freeze
    Frozone
    Iceman
    Ice Maiden
    Blizzard
    Captain Cold
    Mister Zero
    Icicle
    Princess/Queen Elsa
    Chilla
    Chillblaine
    Icer
    Frosta
    Jack Frost...

It goes on and on. You're a nobody in the hero echelon until you have a snowy adversary.
    You left out Sub-Zero and Frost from Mortal Kombat.

I have to say that Blue Snowman is a rather unique name for an ice themed villain. And it's not yet another person who simply throws ice at people. Yes, each listed character is unique somehow.... But certain things are very commonly seen in ice villains. Zapping people with ice beams is pretty much THE most common. Having an ice-themed villain who DOESN'T do that is nice.

Also it's a unique visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Two ice villains? I wonder if both ever teamed up against her lol.
    They were both in the Ice Pack from the DC Super Friends comic:

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I have to say that Blue Snowman is a rather unique name for an ice themed villain. And it's not yet another person who simply throws ice at people. Yes, each listed character is unique somehow.... But certain things are very commonly seen in ice villains. Zapping people with ice beams is pretty much THE most common. Having an ice-themed villain who DOESN'T do that is nice.

Actually, Blue Snowman does use ice beams.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I have a feeling I left many out. LOL.

I’m leaning toward Minister Blizzard and Byrna Brilyant being an offshoot of Ice’s (Tora Olafsdotter’s) people and have another hidden city state in the rapidly diminishing Arctic. (Kind of like how Atlantis has multiple cities or city-states as part of the overall kingdom.)

They’re all about saving their environment, hence the ice weaponry and inventions. The Blue Snowman exosuit was developed to protect and as a survival measure for humans to exist in a new Ice Age, but Byrna has instead decided to use it for nefarious purposes and eliminate most of humanity, auctioning off the right to survive to others based on the value they might provide to her new society.

Not only does this come in conflict with Wonder Woman, but also various plans Poison Ivy and Ra’s al Ghul have. (And in respect to Poison Ivy, not going all Schumacher with her and Mr. Freeze like in Batman and Robin.)

Interesting. I do think she can be an eco terrorist but like you said she is also doing it for the money. Anyone who pays her enough or gives her powerful weapons are safe for now. So Minster Blizzard and Bryan father and daughter or two separated characters with similar motivations? I mean the most important thing is what actually makes her a wombder woman villain? With so many ice villains in everyone’s rogue other than the mythical item . What makes her a Wondie villains ?

I’m leaning toward Minister Blizzard and Byrna Brilyant being an offshoot of Ice’s (Tora Olafsdotter’s) people and have another hidden city state in the rapidly diminishing Arctic. (Kind of like how Atlantis has multiple cities or city-states as part of the overall kingdom.)

They’re all about saving their environment, hence the ice weaponry and inventions. The Blue Snowman exosuit was developed to protect and as a survival measure for humans to exist in a new Ice Age, but Byrna has instead decided to use it for nefarious purposes and eliminate most of humanity, auctioning off the right to survive to others based on the value they might provide to her new society.

Not only does this come in conflict with Wonder Woman, but also various plans Poison Ivy and Ra’s al Ghul have. (And in respect to Poison Ivy, not going all Schumacher with her and Mr. Freeze like in Batman and Robin.)
    Sounds more like an expansion of Ice's corner of the DC Universe than Wonder Woman's but if King Shark can antagonist Batman and Aquaman why not? But I hope you have something in mind to make Blue Snowman stand among every single ice villain that just shoots ice. And who needs the Schumacher Poison Ivy anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Interesting. I do think she can be an eco terrorist but like you said she is also doing it for the money. Anyone who pays her enough or gives her powerful weapons are safe for now. So Minster Blizzard and Bryan father and daughter or two separated characters with similar motivations? I mean the most important thing is what actually makes her a wombder woman villain? With so many ice villains in everyone’s rogue other than the mythical item . What makes her a Wondie villains ?
    I haven't thought it all the way through, but I'd keep Byrna's father and Minister Blizzard as separate people. I'd also switch it up that Byrna is the acclaimed scientist instead of her father. (IIRC, I think her dad created the blue snow machine in her original origin.)

What makes her a Wonder Woman villain? Wonder Woman is the one to stop her.

(I haven't got all the details or characterization plotted out in my head yet.)