View Poll Results: Which caused the most damage?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flashpoint

54 84.38%
  • Tower of Babel

10 15.63%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Flashpoint vs. Tower of Babel: which caused the most damage?

Both of the stories had two of DC's most prominent heroes taking actions that caused a lot of chaos for everyone else. They also had some long- term effects. Which one messed things up for everyone the most?

I pick Flashpoint. It messed up the whole universe.

Incredible Member

For me it's not even a comparison, Flashpoint without a second thought. It literally destroyed the entire DCU alongside everything I loved and it'll probably never completely recover from it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Tower of Babel. It really ramped up the "Batman can beat everyone with prep time" nonsense.

Flashpoint I like enough as a story on it's own. And a lot of crap came in its wake, but some good stuff as well. Nothing good comes from Batgod, and that includes what it does to Batman himself.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-28-2017 at 06:58 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

TOWER OF BABEL really isn't the best point of comparison for FLASHPOINT; CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS fit that bill better.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Tower of Babel sucked a lot more than Flashpoint but Flashpoint changed a hell of a lot more by design, so its hard to compare the two in regards to changes, but it negative as in the point of this particular comparison, or positive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The obvious answer would be Flashpoint, and I think more comic fans hate the New Fifty Two than the "Bat God" portrayal of Batman pushed by Scott Snyder and Grant Morrison, but I would have to go with Tower of Babel because the affects of Flashpoint are already being dismantled due to Rebirth, and I don't think the Caped Crusader can ever recover from his current "Bat God" phase. I don't think Batman will ever be grounded ever again.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-28-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

I like reading Tower of Babel but it does do more damage because other writers took it and ran with it we still see it now we have a dark multiverse of Batmen and a Bat tribe I miss Batman fighting muggers and mob bosses
    Last edited by reni344; 10-28-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Tower of Babel. It really ramped up the "Batman can beat everyone with prep time" nonsense.

Flashpoint I like enough as a story on it's own. And a lot of crap came in its wake, but some good stuff as well. Nothing good comes from Batgod, and that includes what it does to Batman himself.
    Well said *sob*

Flashpoint caused the most damage in DCU continuity. Tower of Babel caused the most problems in fanboy circles. It perpetuates the belief that Batman can take out the League single handed. It made all the other heroes of the DCU seem so much weaker than the all mighty Batgod.

I couldn't vote because there's no "Neither" option.

I have no issue with either story or their outcomes.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Tower of Babel VS Flashpoint? Really?

Tower of Babel is a well written story arc which had direct consequences that lasted less than a year. It was not the start of "Batgod" and it was not a crappy application of BatGod either. It wasn't even the story that cemented it.

Flashpoint is a Flash event that fails as a Flash event, a Barry Allen Story that fails as Barry Allen story, a reboot that fails in having any logic as to why the universe got rebooted, and the rebooted universe that came out of it was basically crap.

Even if you really, really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate Batgod, I don't think it's really possible to argue that his presence is comparable to the whole universe being turned to that anemic reflection that was the New52.

That's like nme saying that Green Lantern: Rebirth and Flashpoint are the same thing just 'cause I hate Hal Jordan.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Tower of Babel VS Flashpoint? Really?

Tower of Babel is a well written story arc which had direct consequences that lasted less than a year. It was not the start of "Batgod" and it was not a crappy application of BatGod either. It wasn't even the story that cemented it.

Flashpoint is a Flash event that fails as a Flash event, a Barry Allen Story that fails as Barry Allen story, a reboot that fails in having any logic as to why the universe got rebooted, and the rebooted universe that came out of it was basically crap.

Even if you really, really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate Batgod, I don't think it's really possible to argue that his presence is comparable to the whole universe being turned to that anemic reflection that was the New52.

That's like nme saying that Green Lantern: Rebirth and Flashpoint are the same thing just 'cause I hate Hal Jordan.
    These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. Tower of Babel is hailed as a classic. Flashpoint and the start of the New 52…not so much.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 10-30-2017 at 11:17 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. Tower of Babel is hailed as a classic. Flashpoint and the start of the New 52…not so much.
    It depends on who you ask, really.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Flashpoint.
    Tower of Babel wasn't even the cemented status of batgod, hell most of the time Bruce's role was just being the tactician of the group, i'm not quite sure when Batgod actually took form, but it definetly wasn't there.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tower of Babel is far better, but FPoint had a much bigger impact, sadly. Bad impact.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”