Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Awesome! It’s about damn time.

MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #1

Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by LAN MEDINA
    Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    From the pages of AQUAMAN comes a brand-new adventure starring Mera, in her own title for the first time ever!
    As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile. But when Aquaman’s brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland’s fate, he’ll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!
    On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    She's A Lifebringer

Dang, and I just posted it too

Exciting news, though!

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Dang, and I just posted it too

Exciting news, though!
    Loll and by like a minute too

Ikr this is very exciting I'm really hyped for this book
    She's A Lifebringer

The Queen has arrived .

I mean, it's not a full-on ongoing, and it's mostly seems to be a tie-in to what's going on in Aquaman, but Mera in a solo mini is a good start .

Reading the description...it sounds like Mera is appointed queen (by the sisters?) and then a civil war erupts in Atlantis between Rath's side and the side that's pro-Mera (which I imagine Arthur is a part of) and she's in exile so as to not exacerbate the already volatile situation.

I wonder why she needs to keep the peace between the surface? Things in Atlantis have been pretty insular so far.

I can't imagine Orm coming back is going to make things any better, especially since it's just throwing in another person trying to become king in the ring.

BANNED

May just be a mini, but still, long overdue. Excited for this.

About time. Gorgeous cover and a great creative team. I hope it's successful and we end up getting an ongoing or at a follow-up mini.

About time. Abnett's Aquaman has been incredible so far, so I am glad that he is writing this. The best case scenario would be that this sells really well, and it is expanded into a full ongoing. I am not saying it will happen, or that it is even likely, but I can dream right?
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Redheads day apparently.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    About time. Abnett's Aquaman has been incredible so far, so I am glad that he is writing this. The best case scenario would be that this sells really well, and it is expanded into a full ongoing. I am not saying it will happen, or that it is even likely, but I can dream right?
    I think given Mera's a fan-favorite and this is her first shot at a solo title ever, not to mention it's tieing-in to Abnett's storyline, there's a decent chance this will sell pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #1

Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by LAN MEDINA
    Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    From the pages of AQUAMAN comes a brand-new adventure starring Mera, in her own title for the first time ever!
    As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile. But when Aquaman’s brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland’s fate, he’ll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!
    On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    “Bitch, try me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think given Mera's a fan-favorite and this is her first shot at a solo title ever, not to mention it's tieing-in to Abnett's storyline, there's a decent chance this will sell pretty well.
    Honestly, I don't see it selling more than the main Aquaman book (which is selling around 28k).
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I am all in on this.

Let's hope Mera gets a badass scene in Justice League somewhere and the character generates some hype.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Uh-oh, looks like Lau is doing the variant cover. Looks like I'm going to have to drop some moolah on this one...