Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    About time Mera got a title, and definitely about time Orm makes a return on a comic page. I'm wondering if this means will finally start seeing Rise of the Seven Seas unfold, given that's what Orm and Nereus should have been doing this entire time.

Is it bad I want someone else to write Aquaman now while Abnett writes Mera?
    It's kind of hard to believe that it's been about five years since that cliffhanger and the last time we really got to see Orm.

I admit, I don't know a whole lot about this character but this is a huge deal. I'm definitely picking this up. I can't wait to read it.
    Save Ferris...

Always Rakzo

These are GREAT news. Mera deserves this kind of recognition and Abnett is a competent writer that has given her a pretty solid portrayal. Buying this miniseries and praying that it becomes an ongoing.

Nicola Scott draws a beautiful Mera that I had to change my avatar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of hard to believe that it's been about five years since that cliffhanger and the last time we really got to see Orm.
    Given he's one of Aquaman's biggest villains/character it really is. More annoying to me then anything. Hoping his characterization is a follow up of what Johns displayed.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Abnett is a great writer and I'm curious to see what this looks like. Having said that (and congrats to Mera fans), it's annoying that a character like Mera gets a solo book over some other characters who are past due for a title of their own (John Stewart, Wally, Shazam, etc.)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Abnett is a great writer and I'm curious to see what this looks like. Having said that (and congrats to Mera fans), it's annoying that a character like Mera gets a solo book over some other characters who are past due for a title of their own (John Stewart, Wally, Shazam, etc.)
    Well, I'd say Mera is even more past due for a title of her own since at least those characters have led their own ongoings at some point while Mera has always been relegated to Aquaman.

Of course, I would also love to read solo's starring those characters as well .

Spectacular Member

This is huge,,,long long overdue, Abnett’s Aquaman has been fantastic so I have no doubts he’ll deliver here.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Yes but first DC would need a writer at their hands who wants to tell a story about the characters you mentioned. I'd rather have DC not approaching writers like "You! Shazam!"

BANNED

The best female character in superhero dom is here!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving character!

Let's just hope it sells so well that DC decides to make it an ongoing! I think Mera could be on her way to superstardom thanks to the movies. Just like Diana in BvS, the biggest possible audience is about to get a little taste of her in about a week, and then it's on to a larger role for her the next year. I think the audience is going to absolutely fall in love with Mera and her relationship with Arthur.

Now is the time to push this lady, DC!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

I`m not even kidding, I`m watching JL for Aquaman and Mera, mostly. She`s been growing a character and status immensily since the 2011 reboot.

And to see if bats drops Jason`s name somewhere.

Well, Mera is awesome, creative team is awesome, cover artists are awesome, so yeah, gonna buy it for sure. What a great news! Go redheads!

I'm excited for this. Mera is a great character and I like the way she is being written currently. I'm also glad to hear that Orm is coming back. I hope all characters are written at their best.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Mera is past due for her own book. All those characters you've listed have received this opportunity in the past and now it's Mera's turn.