Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Moonves is out.
    It is funny I was flipping around and caught the end of Big Brother last night and for the first time ever Julie Chen signed off the show by calling herself Julie Chen Moonves instead of just Julie Chen. I dont know how else she can mean that as anything but a shot at CBS. Makes me wonder how much longer she is going to stick around with her hubby gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is funny I was flipping around and caught the end of Big Brother last night and for the first time ever Julie Chen signed off the show by calling herself Julie Chen Moonves instead of just Julie Chen. I dont know how else she can mean that as anything but a shot at CBS. Makes me wonder how much longer she is going to stick around with her hubby gone.
    Oh she's out once he's gone he handed her all her shows there my mum was a As the World Turns fan and is sure he cancelled it so she could have the Talk

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I guess CBS will now have less Moonves. Also being shown the door is
    60 MINUTES producer Jeff Fager over some inappapros texts according to some scuttlebutt.

Then we have Norm Macdonald's Tonight Show appearance being cancelled over some comments he made about the #MeToo movement.

Norm McDonald appeared on The View after he appeared on Howard Stern to apologize and clear up what he said and meant. Of course as he comically brings up , "Its never good when you gotta apologize for the apology."

He also really didn't wanna plug the new show during this. But Whoopi seemed to make a push for him to discuss it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He also really didn't wanna plug the new show during this. But Whoopi seemed to make a push for him to discuss it.
    I imagine that Whoopi was more sympathetic or tried to be more encouraging and supporting him because she comes from the world of stand-up, too. Norm's a giant in that world (to the point where many comedians have their own impressions of *him*), and it seems like comics come from a context of understanding where they're coming from or how quickly that extremely witty people can say things off the cuff (even if it turns out to be a terrible thing) because of that world. MacDonald's been called out on TV for being too harsh or going to far before, but it's usually just laughed off, dismissed, and they move on to the next part of the interview because of that world.

But the big thing, too, is that unlike Roseanne Barr and Louis C.K., he hasn't done shitty things directly to people. He isn't racist and he's never tried to exert inappropriate sexual control over anyone. Defending them and actually doing the things they did are two different things. I predict he'll be just fine.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-15-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I imagine that Whoopi was more sympathetic or tried to be more encouraging and supporting him because she comes from the world of stand-up, too. Norm's a giant in that world (to the point where many comedians have their own impressions of *him*), and it seems like comics come from a context of understanding where they're coming from or how quickly that extremely witty people can say things off the cuff (even if it turns out to be a terrible thing) because of that world. MacDonald's been called out on TV for being too harsh or going to far before, but it's usually just laughed off, dismissed, and they move on to the next part of the interview because of that world.

But the big thing, too, is that unlike Roseanne Barr and Louis C.K., he hasn't done shitty things directly to people. He isn't racist and he's never tried to exert inappropriate sexual control over anyone. Defending them and actually doing the things they did are two different things. I predict he'll be just fine.
    You could tell Norm was uneasy and not himself. I mean he seemed more in knots there as he usually is rapid fire sarcastic and off the cuff. But this entire deal seems to have locked him up. I mean he told some very un-PC jokes on Weekend Update 20+ years ago and at times people would gasp. And Norm would give a look of...come on folks , I'm doing jokes here. And go to the next bit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Adam Venit (the agent who harassed Terry Crews) has apologized and resigned
    https://mashable.com/article/terry-c...ology-assault/

Extraordinary Member

So it looks like Rose and Asia are at it again...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oo/1333190002/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So it looks like Rose and Asia are at it again...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oo/1333190002/
    Totally had a different idea in my head what that was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Adam Venit (the agent who harassed Terry Crews) has apologized and resigned
    https://mashable.com/article/terry-c...ology-assault/
    probably a good move. I still don't know who this guy is. he's still under the radar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Totally had a different idea in my head what that was going to be.
    Dam sorry if I misled you.lol

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You could tell Norm was uneasy and not himself. I mean he seemed more in knots there as he usually is rapid fire sarcastic and off the cuff. But this entire deal seems to have locked him up. I mean he told some very un-PC jokes on Weekend Update 20+ years ago and at times people would gasp. And Norm would give a look of...come on folks , I'm doing jokes here. And go to the next bit.
    He still says very un-PC jokes to this day, and the strength of his material and his easy going style is what earned him his TV show in the first place. That usually doesn't get him in trouble.

But to me this is a perfect example of how politically incorrect jokes and offensive comments aren't always the same thing. You got some of the cleanest comics and some of the most PC people in Hollywood (like Jane Fonda and Whoopi here) sticking up for Norm (that is, condemning his comments but defending his character) because they know what he's been about for 20+ years.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-18-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Still no comments about Bill Cosby's somewhat lenient sentence.

Bill Cosby sentenced to three to ten years in prison on September 25, 2018. I believe it was lenient due to his age and weak evidence.

He just began serving his sentence a couple days ago.
    He’s 81. If he doesn’t die in prison he’s goung to likely lose the last remaining quality years of his life. People at his age tend to complete deteriorate in prison

Invincible Member

Plus the criminal conviction was for just one case. The statute of limitations expired for most of the other women's cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Still no comments about Bill Cosby's somewhat lenient sentence.

Bill Cosby sentenced to three to ten years in prison on September 25, 2018. I believe it was lenient due to his age and weak evidence.

He just began serving his sentence a couple days ago.
    He also has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

more arrests and trials need to happen in the hollywood culture.