Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast

I really liked Kevin Spacey in the House of Cards. Too bad they kicked him out.

Well, I don't deny what they said about him being a creep and bully, but i admit his acting was good enough to make the House of Cards an interesting drama.

Incredible Member

Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years in rape case: 'You are not the victim here,' says judge

Victims' emotional statements help send "That '70s Show" star to decades behind bars.

Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm sure he probably still has friends in the business who'll offer him work. The real question is, will the public forgive him?

I'll admit, I'm a little surprised that a bigger deal isn't being made of this on social media.
    The public might not because his first reaction was to hold up the gay community as a shield against the allegations. I doubt they will be very forgiving, especially in the current political climate that seems to stuff them back into the closet by force of law.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

I've read that all his cast members except Topher Grace wrote letters about Masterson's character (in support of). Yikes...
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 09-09-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I've read that all his cast members except Topher Grace wrote letters about Masterson's character (in support of). Yikes...
    Growing up on a TV show as teenagers to early 20s they likely grew to think of Masterson as a close friend. Sometimes it's hard for long time friends to learn someone they knew was a monster. I'm sure some are still in denial of it.

- EDIT Kutcher and Kunis apologized over the letters.

- I get the sense from this that the 2 felt that Masterson was as close to them and they are stunned. Not easy waking up to learn the guy your so close with for 25 years was a monster.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 09-09-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I thought Kutcher had initially spoken out against Masterson when this started to have the light shed on it?

Ultimate Member

One of the channels that I get still airs episodes of That 70s show every day, leaving me to wonder if it will continue to be so.

Church of Scientology doing what it does. Enabling rich people who sign up with them and attacking anyone who attacks them, morality be damned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The public might not because his first reaction was to hold up the gay community as a shield against the allegations. I doubt they will be very forgiving, especially in the current political climate that seems to stuff them back into the closet by force of law.
    Also, while he might have been found not guilty by a jury (questionable as that decision might be), lots of questionable on set behavior has come to light that will make it hard for anyone to hire him. Very similar situation to Johnny Depp, actually

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't understand why people are so mad about this. He's their friend. They practically grew up together. They know him on a level none of us ever will. They clearly think he's innocent. With that, it's not as easy for them as "jury found him guilty = he's dead to us" as it is for us fans. Whether that's stupidity, loyalty, love, all of the above on their part...who knows? But demonizing them over it? It's just wasted anger.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    One of the channels that I get still airs episodes of That 70s show every day, leaving me to wonder if it will continue to be so.
    It probably will. The Cosby Show is still airing in reruns. Smallville is still on Hulu even with Allison Mack going to prison. Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein films still play all the time. Mike Tyson got a cartoon for crying out loud!

Ultimate Member

It looks like Russell Brand is receiving some pretty serious allegations in the UK.

What he's been accused of doing to some women is so disgusting that I wish I were warned before I read up on the allegations. It's pretty sick stuff.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It looks like Russell Brand is receiving some pretty serious allegations in the UK.

What he's been accused of doing to some women is so disgusting that I wish I were warned before I read up on the allegations. It's pretty sick stuff.
    Brand is trying to run interference claiming that people are coming after him because he coming too close to the truth about vaccines!

Extraordinary Member

Well, this one's not sexual stuff, but it is an allegation of misconduct with physical hurting. Now to be clear, I personally don't believe a word of it; there are far too many suspicious things for me to do so. But an actress who was in the movie "Little Shop of Horrors", accused Steve Martin, (who did great work covering the 1956 Godzilla invasion of Japan for us Americans), of hurting her and behaving like a...jerk? during her scenes. Frank Oz has pointed out that wasn't true, as has Martin, who also pointed out that in addition to Oz, there were many other people on set that day....many years ago....who have never said anything of the sort, and that said scene was very well rehearsed, with him taking special care as he always does not to hit anyone. In other words, look like he was doing it without actually hitting the person.

The accuser has a book coming out, (I've never heard of her BTW), in which she also accuses at least one other star of similar things, which she's never before mentioned. Weirdly though, she also said he was brilliant.

I don't know about anyone else, but unless some very smokey guns emerge, I'm chalking this up to that book coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    ... Steve Martin, (who did great work covering the 1956 Godzilla invasion of Japan for us Americans),...
    Ha - good one! So apparently it was the sight of Godzilla that turned his hair white...