Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Default The All-Purpose, Hollywood Sexual Accusation Thread

Well, folks, it's no longer just Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey being outed as sexual predators. The floodgates look to have opened with celebrities accused of being scumbags, so I figured there should be one general purpose thread to list all those bad boys behaving badly. And I suspect there will be more and more accusations coming to light since the Weinstein scandal went thermonuclear. Case in point:

5 Women Accuse Louis C.K. Of Sexual Misconduct

A New York Times report details allegations against the comedian that mirror rumors he has disputed for years.

‘Mad Men’ Creator Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Former Assistant

Matthew Weiner denied the allegations.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wellp, Louis C.K. just released a statement outright admitting that it was all true.

Though many had already known it, he was so powerful that it prevented the women from being taken seriously.

I don't know much about Louis C.K. to begin with, but with Weinstein, Spacey, Roy Moore, and the rest, a straight male friend wrote this, which is stuck in my head:

wow, i can't even tell which celebrity is a predator or not, this must be what it feels like to be a woman in almost any scenario with a guy ever.
    Rape culture and sexual harrassment are that widespread, and it needs to be countered. And someone creating false rape accusations -- like the ones so often claimed as a knee-jerk defense for celebs -- is so numerically, incomprehensibly rare in comparison. The first line defense assumption that women tend to lie about sexual harrassment and assault is so damaging.

My best wishes to all the victims and survivors.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-10-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If all the dirty laundry comes out there will be no Hollywood anymore. I might actually get my big break

Anthony Edwards claims Gary Goddard molested him, and raped his best friend.

Edwards is supposedly one of the nicest guys in all of Hollywood. Definitely so successful that he doesn't need to care about much anymore and can just take it easy with the rest of his career. For something like that to happen to him -- that's heartbreaking. Goddard is also part of Bryan Singer's inner circle, along with Spacey.

Ive twicr had a women ask me to watch her masterbate in a situation where that wasnt expected. I didnt feel violated at all and one of them was a superior at wotk. Saying no was an option. It was just an offer. If louis fired someone or threatened to fire someone for saying no id be upset but what i read one actress said no and i didnt aee any mention of him using his power to punish her for it. Is it that he worked with these girls thats bothering ppl. Cause it sounded like he always asked first. Except the phone thing thats nasty

Tbh in todays culture id be accused of sxual assault when i was a kid. I can think of twice i misread a situation and kissed a girl who was like no what are you doing. And i apologized and was embarassed for a week. They never accused me of sexual misconduct for misreading the situation. That said alot of these reports are disgusting Harvey,Spacey, and then the king of pigs Cosby. But like Ben Afflek/Mamoa/Louis CK stuff isnt in the same discussion. Unless Louis used power to force these girls into watching him which i didnt see that written at all and if im wrong then **** louis throw him in with Harvey because then its just another form of rape

Edit: i am at work and read the linked louis Ck article real fast so if i did miss something which is completely possible then i apologize and retract any defense of him.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ive twicr had a women ask me to watch her masterbate in a situation where that wasnt expected. I didnt feel violated at all and one of them was a superior at wotk. Saying no was an option. It was just an offer. If louis fired someone or threatened to fire someone for saying no id be upset but what i read one actress said no and i didnt aee any mention of him using his power to punish her for it. Is it that he worked with these girls thats bothering ppl. Cause it sounded like he always asked first. Except the phone thing thats nasty

Tbh in todays culture id be accused of sxual assault when i was a kid. I can think of twice i misread a situation and kissed a girl who was like no what are you doing. And i apologized and was embarassed for a week. They never accused me of sexual misconduct for misreading the situation. That said alot of these reports are disgusting Harvey,Spacey, and then the king of pigs Cosby. But like Ben Afflek/Mamoa/Louis CK stuff isnt in the same discussion. Unless Louis used power to force these girls into watching him which i didnt see that written at all and if im wrong then **** louis throw him in with Harvey because then its just another form of rape

Edit: i am at work and read the linked louis Ck article real fast so if i did miss something which is completely possible then i apologize and retract any defense of him.
    The power dynamic is a huge factor in these types of situations, and it usually decides whether or not something is assault; and the ability to say yes or no goes a long way. Plus, if those women ambushed you while they were naked and you weren't, that's also assault, because there's no consent or choice there, which is what Louis did to the women.

The thing about you as a kid is that you don't know any better. As an adult, you're not only expected to know better, you're definitely supposed to know better than a kid (in Spacey's and Goddard's cases). We don't think twice of two first graders in that type of situation because of they're equals, and there's room to learn. Teacher-to-student? Here come the authorities. Kids are naturally curious, but adults know what control and power feel like. And so one thing all these assault charges and stories have in common is someone trying to exert power over a far more vulnerable person.

For Louis C.K., his statement said that he was in a position of power that the women admired him, which he took as licence to do what he did. But moreso, his good reputation as an A-list comedian and talent shielded him from any repercussions and caused anyone whom those women went to for help to disbelieve and distrust them. So in his statement, he states at least twice how he benefited by the power dynamic that comes with being a big name.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-10-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Looks like we're going to need all new celebrities. With so much sexual abuse I'm surprised they had time to make any movies.

I can in no way excuse what Louis CK did, but honestly, what he did do seems like the lightest of the offenses going at the moment.

I wonder how differently his specific situation would have played out had he just copped to this years ago when it first surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The power dynamic is a huge factor in these types of situations, and it usually decides whether or not something is assault; and the ability to say yes or no goes a long way. Plus, if those women ambushed you while they were naked and you weren't, that's also assault, because there's no consent or choice there, which is what Louis did to the women.

The thing about you as a kid is that you don't know any better. As an adult, you're not only expected to know better, you're definitely supposed to know better than a kid (in Spacey's and Goddard's cases). We don't think twice of two first graders in that type of situation because of they're equals, and there's room to learn. Teacher-to-student? Here come the authorities. Kids are naturally curious, but adults know what control and power feel like. And so one thing all these assault charges and stories have in common is someone trying to exert power over a far more vulnerable person.

For Louis C.K., his statement said that he was in a position of power that the women admired him, which he took as licence to do what he did. But moreso, his good reputation as an A-list comedian and talent shielded him from any repercussions and caused anyone whom those women went to for help to disbelieve and distrust them. So in his statement, he states at least twice how he benefited by the power dynamic that comes with being a big name.
    I just think this is a real slippery slope. And has the ability to turn into a witch hunt. But whats Assault and what isnt is getting really muddled.

Rockstars have status and admiration of theyre fans are we gonna go after them for sleeping with them. This is all way more complicated then i could ever figure out but im not ready to ruin Louis Cks career or life over him pulling his junk out after asking permission. Him benefitting from power and actuallying using that power on woman are two different storys imo. Ahh but im an idiot and have a penis so i probaly should keep my opinion to myself

Ultimate Member

I just fear that we get into a Salem witch trials kind of thing, that accusations become weapons to destroy, now those that actually committed the crime deserve the crap that they get, just saying that now an accusation is enough to convict in the realm of social media...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just fear that we get into a Salem witch trials kind of thing, that accusations become weapons to destroy, now those that actually committed the crime deserve the crap that they get, just saying that now an accusation is enough to convict in the realm of social media...
    Ah yes, the fake rape claims. The men are the real victims here.

Ultimate Member

That's not at all what I was saying, the victims are of course the women that were wronged, my point was that some people who weren't wronged could use an accusation against anybody, I didn't say anything about fake claims by those that were actually wronged, so again not defending those that committed the crime...

Ellen Page has accused Brett Ratner of pretty horrifically outing her as gay on X-Men 3, among other revelations in a very powerful Facebook post. I urge everyone to go read her post- not only does she out Ratner (which has been confirmed by Anna Paquin), but she also apologizes for being in a Woody Allen movie and details various assaults she received when she was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I can in no way excuse what Louis CK did, but honestly, what he did do seems like the lightest of the offenses going at the moment.

I wonder how differently his specific situation would have played out had he just copped to this years ago when it first surfaced.
    I think actually Ben has the lightest offenses. I'm actually impressed Louis came out and admitted it- he seems to be one of the only who has (along with Ben).

It is like a witch hunt....

If witches were real and evil.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!