Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Except the phone thing thats nasty
    Wait, the one where he wasnt even there is the one that's nasty?
    I would think this is the least.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Ellen Page has accused Brett Ratner of pretty horrifically outing her as gay on X-Men 3, among other revelations in a very powerful Facebook post. I urge everyone to go read her post- not only does she out Ratner (which has been confirmed by Anna Paquin), but she also apologizes for being in a Woody Allen movie and details various assaults she received when she was 16.
    I dont like Brett but this doesnt like some super horrible thing. It just sounds like a rude way of saying that she should be fine with being gay.

Since she says that she didnt even know she was gay at the time, i dont know how this would be outing some one.

Inevitable a thread like this would happen.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Retired

The "Majority Rule" episode of THE ORVILLE has me thinking about the apology tour. It seems like it's not the actual crimes (most of which have not been legally proven as yet in a lot of these cases) but it's the apology that's being judged. Because Kevin Spacey made a bad apology--even before a lot of the allegations had come out--he was immediately denounced from all sides. I wonder, had he sought better advice and made his apology in a different way, would he have better positioned himself to ride out this storm?

Whereas, I look at the current apology tour from Louis CK and he seems to have gotten ahead of the story, by admitting to everything and formulating an abject apology. So maybe in the future, CK will gain absolution from the pop culture nabobs more readily than Spacey.

But it shouldn't be about which apology tour is the best. People should be judged on the actual crimes they committed, not on whether they did a good job handling the PR blow-back.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm waiting to see which celebrity will be the first to sue his accuser (did Bill Cosby do that?)

If the accuser can't prove the accusation, they'll be on the hook for slander. Then things will really start to get nasty. Nastier, I mean.

George Takei is now accused of sexual assault https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...981/ar-BBEPx3w geez it never ends to seems

Didn't see you posted boy it never seems to end this is getting very depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The "Majority Rule" episode of THE ORVILLE has me thinking about the apology tour. It seems like it's not the actual crimes (most of which have not been legally proven as yet in a lot of these cases) but it's the apology that's being judged. Because Kevin Spacey made a bad apology--even before a lot of the allegations had come out--he was immediately denounced from all sides. I wonder, had he sought better advice and made his apology in a different way, would he have better positioned himself to ride out this storm?

Whereas, I look at the current apology tour from Louis CK and he seems to have gotten ahead of the story, by admitting to everything and formulating an abject apology. So maybe in the future, CK will gain absolution from the pop culture nabobs more readily than Spacey.

But it shouldn't be about which apology tour is the best. People should be judged on the actual crimes they committed, not on whether they did a good job handling the PR blow-back.
    Generally speaking, the TNG episode The Drumhead (Season 4, Episode 21) is the superior analogy where a mad Federation officer accuses everyone, even Picard, of being a spy.

However, rarely do most citizens pay heed to the declarations of the court. We recognize courts are flawed institutions that often error when applying the law and that we as individuals within a society possess our own faculties and can come to our own conclusions. The courts found O.J. Simpson innocent, where as few today would not contest that decision. Most people abide to this, except when women raise that in the past they were victims of sexual abuse, then I hear, "Innocent until proven guilty, how dare you have an opinion!!"
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

'The Flash' Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Suspended After Sexual Harassment Allegations

And the hits just keep on coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I dont like Brett but this doesnt like some super horrible thing. It just sounds like a rude way of saying that she should be fine with being gay.

Since she says that she didnt even know she was gay at the time, i dont know how this would be outing some one.
    It wasn't her choice to be outed, whether she realized she was gay at the time or not. That kind of **** is just unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm waiting to see which celebrity will be the first to sue his accuser (did Bill Cosby do that?)

If the accuser can't prove the accusation, they'll be on the hook for slander. Then things will really start to get nasty. Nastier, I mean.
    Actually, I think it's Brett Rattner. I read somewhere he was launching a libel suit against his accusers, but that was before Ellen Page spoke out.

Because nobody else has said it yet...

Last edited by Schrecken; 11-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.

I think actually Ben has the lightest offenses. I'm actually impressed Louis came out and admitted it- he seems to be one of the only who has (along with Ben).
    Ben Affleck? who are we talking about, here? I know that Casey Affleck was accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ben Affleck? who are we talking about, here? I know that Casey Affleck was accused.
    Hilary Burton from mtv/One tree hill and most recently lethal weapon accused him of something
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Generally speaking, the TNG episode The Drumhead (Season 4, Episode 21) is the superior analogy where a mad Federation officer accuses everyone, even Picard, of being a spy.

However, rarely do most citizens pay heed to the declarations of the court. We recognize courts are flawed institutions that often error when applying the law and that we as individuals within a society possess our own faculties and can come to our own conclusions. The courts found O.J. Simpson innocent, where as few today would not contest that decision. Most people abide to this, except when women raise that in the past they were victims of sexual abuse, then I hear, "Innocent until proven guilty, how dare you have an opinion!!"
    I remember that it took a very long time for people to come around to thinking that O.J. did it, given that when he was first accused to when the case went to trial was very long. Sure, most people did think he likely did it as the trial proceeded (although not the jury). But the rush to judgement wasn't so swift. It was really hard for many people who had held him up as a hero to finally admit that he must have done it, given the evidence.

Of course, in the civil suit O.J. was guilty, because the burden of proof is less in civil cases than in criminal cases. And it's likely that many of these current cases will have a better chance in civil court rather than criminal court.

Oh man...
    I know Kreisberg has gotten some flak for his writing of women, particularly Black Canary, so a part of me is kinda not surprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I remember that it took a very long time for people to come around to thinking that O.J. did it, given that when he was first accused to when the case went to trial was very long. Sure, most people did think he likely did it as the trial proceeded (although not the jury). But the rush to judgement wasn't so swift. It was really hard for many people who had held him up as a hero to finally admit that he must have done it, given the evidence.

Of course, in the civil suit O.J. was guilty, because the burden of proof is less in civil cases than in criminal cases. And it's likely that many of these current cases will have a better chance in civil court rather than criminal court.
    The issue though is that really no one thinks, "Oh, OJ was found not guilty by a court of his peers so didn't knife his ex-wife." Yet, we are essentially being told by objectors that this is how we should treat women who raise claims of sexual harassment, that their claims need to be treated with a layer of extra caution and need to be verified by a judge and jury. I can say Henry Kissinger is a war criminal and Bill Cosby is a rapist, with or without some court decision.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut