Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There always seems to be 2 sides to every story similar to these.

Do we “believe the victim”, or do we apply scrutiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There always seems to be 2 sides to every story similar to these.

Do we “believe the victim”, or do we apply scrutiny?
    Just to be clear, "believe the victim" doesn't mean automatically trust that the victim is truthful. Rather, it means that the victim's word should be enough to at least look into it, which investigators (police, HR, people in authority, etc) had a terrible track record of doing in the past. It's gotten better, though. For every 1 false accusation, there are 90-98 accusations that end up being true, but underreporting means that maybe half of those true accusations are actually investigated. And, you don't know if an accusation is false unless you look into it in the first place.

But in this case, if what Kattan says it's true, it likely wouldn't be Heckerling's fault but Michaels (unless Heckerling asked Michaels to arrange it).

As it is, I think it'd be okay to apply some amount of scrutiny towards Michaels and possibly Heckerling. Checking Kattan comes after that.

BANNED

Sure, I agree with “investigate all claims”. It’s perfectly fine to investigate whether or not someone is guilty of a charge before we ruin their life.

Sadly, the court of public opinion doesn’t always agree (which is what I was referencing).

Chris Kattan as been caught lying before. There a funny Howard Stern interview where hes talking about Norm McDonald and basically lies about everything. Then Artie Lang calls in and you can hear Chris say "Oh ****" under his breathe and then basically admits everything he just said wasnt the truth.

Where Are They Now: The Cast Of Smallville

I was going to start a new thread for this. But really, I only wanted to point out the glaring omission in this list.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The latest is KIP PARDUE, who might be of interest to CBTV fans as he plays Frank Dean on Runaways. I haven't seen any word on whether paying the fine forgives all sins or if he won't be back on the show next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    On October 31, 2018, The Hermosa Beach Police Dept. announced it was investigating a report of sexual misconduct filed by True Blood actress Sarah Scott, who alleged she was "sexually violated while at work" in May by Pardue, her former costar. On July 7th, 2019, SAG-AFTRA found Pardue guilty of sexual harassment and fined him $6,000 for sexually harassing Scott.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sag...se-1203260707/

Quote Originally Posted by Variety

SAG-AFTRA has found actor Kip Pardue guilty of misconduct and fined him $6,000 for sexually harassing actress Sarah Scott last year, according to a published report in the Los Angeles Times.

The union declined comment on the report about the March disciplinary proceedings, citing reasons of confidentiality.

Pardue, was found “guilty of serious misconduct in violation” of the SAG-AFTRA constitution, according to a letter Scott was sent, which she provided to The Times. The notice of the decision told Pardue that the SAG committee “censures and admonishes you for this inappropriate and unprofessional conduct.”

Pardue was told in the letter that his behavior was “inconsistent” with its code of conduct on sexual harassment and fined $6,000. He was also told that if he took an online workplace sexual harassment training module within 90 days, the fine would be reduced to $3,000.

Pardue’s attorney, Shepard Kopp, told the Times that Pardue “never engaged in any nonconsensual behavior.”

Scott told the Los Angeles Times last year that Pardue had masturbated in front of her on May 16, 2018, during the filming of a pilot titled “Mogulettes.” The “True Blood” actress alleged Pardue became aroused while they were under a bedsheet waiting for a scene to begin, then allegedly put her hand on his groin, called her into his dressing room and masturbated in front of her.

Pardue told the Times through his representative that he apologized to Scott for putting her hand on his groin. “I never intended to offend her in any way and deeply regret my actions and have learned from my behaviour,” he added at the time.

Scott also said last year that she reported the incident to SAG-AFTRA in May and found that while union officials were sympathetic, they did not respond quickly. “Speaking out about this has been extraordinarily difficult for me, and now I understand why so many don’t,” she said at the time.

SAG-AFTRA announced in February, 2018, that it had adopted a Code of Conduct on Sexual Harassment that would set forth “clear expectations that SAG-AFTRA members will refrain from engaging in harassing conduct.”

Scott told the newspaper in the new story that she was ambivalent about the punishment for Pardue, saying, “I don’t know if I’m supposed to feel good about the punishment or not. I would have liked to have seen a couple of years’ suspension, but this is a step in the right direction.”

Pardue is in the main cast of Hulu’s superhero series “Runaways.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kip-pa...-really-cut-it

Quote Originally Posted by TheDailyBeast
    Just how seriously does the entertainment industry really take sexual harassment?

That’s the question being asked Monday after Hollywood union SAG found the actor Kip Pardue guilty of “serious misconduct” after allegations were made that he masturbated in front of a female co-star without her consent, but fined him just $6,000, did not release the information to the industry and gave him the option of reducing the fine by 50% if he takes a training course.

Industry insiders, such as writer Kim Masters, were quick to criticize the ruling as overly lenient.

Others, such as the director David Poland, struggled to understand why the ruling was veiled in secrecy (the ruling, which found Pardue “guilty of serious misconduct in violation” of the SAG constitution, would have remained secret had Scott not spoken out publicly).

The Rules of Attraction actor, 43, was accused of sexual harassment on the set of a pilot show in May last year by actress Sarah Scott, 35, who says he forced her to touch his penis during a sex scene and later masturbated in front of her in a dressing room.

No record of the decision would ever have been made public had Scott not shared it with the media.

According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, Scott filed a police report soon after the alleged incident but then decided not to press criminal charges, instead lodging a formal complaint with the actors union, SAG-AFTRA, which has now found Pardue “guilty of serious misconduct” during a private hearing of its disciplinary committee, according to a letter Scott showed the paper.

After reporting of Scott’s allegations appeared in the media, another actress, Andrea Bogart, came forward claiming that Pardue also came to her dressing room and masturbated without consent.

Bogart said that she and Pardue were preparing to shoot a “pretty racy” foursome sex scene with Hank Azaria and Sherilyn Fenn, in which Bogart was wearing “pasties and fish-wire underwear.”

Pardue knocked on the door of her trailer and asked if he could come in.

“So he comes in and then out of left field, he starts talking about how crazy the scene is and unbuttoning his pants,” Bogart told the LA Times. “He pulls out his genitalia and starts rubbing himself. I remember just covering my face and being like, ‘What are you doing?’ I was embarrassed and in utter shock.”

Pardue’s lawyer denied to the LA Times that Pardue has ever engaged in non-consensual behavior.

“I don’t know if I’m supposed to feel good about the punishment or not,” Scott told the LA Times.

“I would have liked to have seen a couple of years’ suspension, but this is a step in the right direction.

“What was the most important for me was that others who come forward in the future know that the union is willing to take these complaints seriously and create a space where they can be heard.”

SAG did not comment and lawyers for Pardue, who is a major character in the cast of Hulu’s superhero series “Runaways,” told the paper that he “never engaged in any nonconsensual behavior.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Regarding the Kattan story , Amy Herkerling didn't direct a Night at Roxbury anyhow. She was a producer on the film but didn't direct it. In fact comically which blows Kattan's story all to hell...a man directed the film. John Fortenberry directed the film and had credits like Jury Duty and more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

@Kip pardue story...one article says he masturbated in front of her in his dressing room, the other says it was her trailer. And then the omission of the bedsheet part in the second article.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Los Angeles Opera To Investigate Plácido Domingo Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Several women have accused the superstar and general director of LA Opera of sexual misconduct spanning decades.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Where Are They Now: The Cast Of Smallville

I was going to start a new thread for this. But really, I only wanted to point out the glaring omission in this list.
    To be fair, nobody has to ask about that one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I see that Katy Perry is making history to be the first high-profile bisexual harasser.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I see that Katy Perry is making history to be the first high-profile bisexual harasser.
    The march to equality can be a strange one, at times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The march to equality can be a strange one, at times.
    You mean the notion that not only men are devious sexual harassers is a hard pill to swallow?

How very sexist; against women in a lot of ways, too.