Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    If 12 year old Eliza Dushku had witnesses to back up her accusations against Joel Kramer, why wasn't something done immediately? Would you let somebody do that to your child and just walk away from it? For a paycheck??? A career??? What's more important? Where are your priorities???
    Basically this.

BANNED

If 12 year old Eliza Dushku had witnesses to back up her accusations against Joel Kramer, why wasn't something done immediately? Would you let somebody do that to your child and just walk away from it? For a paycheck??? A career??? What's more important? Where are your priorities???
    and this is why I am ok with Spacey being "removed", or if Netflix decides to can 'Master Of None'

predators don't understand due process, they understand not working/getting paid

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Her word against his word. There's nothing to substantiate shit. So somebody makes a decision that could ruin a life and a career.
    so send a message to the victim that they don't matter...at all

and people wonder why women don't come forward more

how is this so hard to get?

Incredible Member

On the other hand what your saying is that its okay to ruin peoples lives based on noting but another persons word.

BANNED

Im saying its time to start believing women

when for years theyve been told "thats just how it is"

or get blacklisted for telling a producer or bigwig NO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im saying its time to start believing women

when for years theyve been told "thats just how it is"

or get blacklisted for telling a producer or bigwig NO
    What you're saying is bullshit, dude. Belief without evidence? Give me a break. It is far better than 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man is wrongfully convicted.

BANNED

no ones being convicted

Spacey being fired from his TV show isn't being convicted

Harvey Weinstein being cast out isnt being convicted

call it "market correction"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    What you're saying is bullshit, dude. Belief without evidence? Give me a break. It is far better than 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man is wrongfully convicted.
    or for women who've been assaulted/harrassed/raped to just live with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    On the other hand what your saying is that its okay to ruin peoples lives based on noting but another persons word.
    It depends. With Wienstein, Cosby, and Spacey we have much more than just one person's word. If it's just one accuser I think we should hold off on the lynching and let things play out. When you have a dozen or so, with (in some cases) a paper trail, then you need to do something. And sadly, people with power can pervert the justice system.

However, once the accusation is made you need to do something to seperate the two.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

or for women who've been assaulted/harrassed/raped to just live with it?
    Okay. Without witnesses or any clear evidence, how do we resolve the situation in a fair, impartial manner? Flip a coin? Polygraph? Even that's not 100% and in most cases inadmissible in court. What's the answer?

BANNED

Okay. Without witnesses or any clear evidence, how do we resolve the situation in a fair, impartial manner? Flip a coin? Polygraph? Even that's not 100% and in most cases inadmissible in court. What's the answer?
    Im just going to start with believing women for now, I dont think any woman is making themselves a pariah for the attention for fun of it

time to stop protecting crappy men and the structure that enables them

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Criminal and civil courts require solid proof for a conviction. The court of public opinion doesn't, and the court of public opinion is the one currently in session.

I'm pretty confident most of the men with multiple accusations are guilty. I'm also pretty certain that the number of innocent men who have their careers ruined by this will be >0.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Im just going to start with believing women for now, I dont think any woman is making themselves a pariah for the attention for fun of it

time to stop protecting crappy men and the structure that enables them
    Yes. I hear what you're saying.

Extraordinary Member

so send a message to the victim that they don't matter...at all

and people wonder why women don't come forward more

how is this so hard to get?
    Because it's intellectually bankrupt and shows such a reckless disregard and willingness to destroy a persons life off next to no substantiated evidence based off the perceived comfort it will give women that it's nearly impossible to hold people who share that opinion with such validity

You wonder why more women don't come forward? Look in the mirror. People with mindsets like yours are what make men and women take a step back and become more skeptical. The majority of people have no problem with women coming forward, sharing their stories, and then letting an investigations and due process taking place. They have a massive problem with a he said she said destroying a persons life and often the lives of people around them for the sake of making a moral stand without evidence behind it.

The Weinstein and Cosby's of the world are the anomalies where it's systemic to their lives and so many people are coming forward saying the same thing and so many people are corroborating it that just the sheer volume lets you know that even if a third or so of them are false or over reaching, there is no way all of them are. That's called an exception. That by no means should how every instance should be treated. The majority of instances are one person vs one person.

As I said earlier in the thread, there's no issue with comforting the accuser and giving due process to the accused.

I get that it's an incredibly difficult subject, but the all or nothing attitude does no favors for either party and it's why you are already seeing backlash from men and women (and I'm serious, there's a lot of women who are coming out questioning this movement now which is frightening to me) on this. Which is sad because this should have be a watershed moment and been a way for us to rethink how we all handled sexual assault. But instead it's taking one imperfect response and replacing it with another imperfect response.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 01-15-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

I have no problem with any of these movements. But I refuse to be manipulated by their mob mentality tactics. I won't allow myself to get swept up in social or political fervor based on he said/she said allegations. Let the legal process do its job.
    I agree with this.

We can't just jump to conclusions because that'll simply create room for a witch hunt.