Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Adding Steven Seagal to the list

BANNED

How was he not on it yet?

BANNED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...I am a big fan of David Copperfield. him too?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42816365

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    "help her fix the machinery" ... letīs take a breath here. really?
    that could be read as chauvinism in itself. (but leia was revengend by rey who schooled han about the falcon) he was not sneaking? really? did you notice the ferocius look on leiasīs face when she pushed him back?

a decent person would have go like
    "oh hi leia, it appears you have problems with them power conductors? can i give you a hand?"

creeps well act like creeps, forcing their point

but being kind is not swagy i guess
    Yes, let's breathe shall we? I'm not sure why you're insisting on painting this scene as worse than it really is. The roguish scoundrel wins over the headstrong princess by showing his sensitive side and you're trying to pretend it's an example of work place harassment or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yes, let's breathe shall we? I'm not sure why you're insisting on painting this scene as worse than it really is. The roguish scoundrel wins over the headstrong princess by showing his sensitive side and you're trying to pretend it's an example of work place harassment or something.
    i am not painting it. it is there. on the screen
    "you could use a good kiss" oh he is sensitive there
    Last edited by abulafia; 01-26-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

totally workplace harassment

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...I am a big fan of David Copperfield. him too?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42816365
    now we know the origins of Bush sr's "David Cop-a-feel" joke.

Extraordinary Member

Copperfield is the least surprising thing in the world. He's been accused of sexual harassment before. I've been to his shows. He has a huge ego and acts like he's a ladies mad.

Invincible Member

i am not painting it. it is there. on the screen
    "you could use a good kiss" oh he is sensitive there
    We might have to agree to disagree then, cuz I believe it's not there on the screen.

I can easily come up with examples where sexual assault happens in the movies and it's either diminished or even seen as a good thing, but that Star Wars example isn't one in my mind.

Extraordinary Member

http://popculture.com/wwe/2018/01/25...ges-assault-i/

Some conflicting points on the Enzo story.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    We might have to agree to disagree then, cuz I believe it's not there on the screen.

I can easily come up with examples where sexual assault happens in the movies and it's either diminished or even seen as a good thing, but that Star Wars example isn't one in my mind.
    i didnīt say assault. iīd call it inappropriate advance. but leia fell for it, so han gets a pass
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Invincible Member

i didnīt say assault. iīd call it inappropriate advance. but leia fell for it, so han gets a pass
    I don't know if I'd even call it inappropriate. It'd be one thing if she said "I'm not in to you like that" and he persisted or if he came on to her and implied that cuz it's his ship she better go long with with his advances, but nothing like that is in the scene you posted.

Sad thing about it is a lot of women coming out of the woodwork with the whole #metoo thing are either out right lying or using past regrets as an issue of it. Just cause you might regret sleeping with some one a day, a week a month a decade later doesn't mean it was sexual asault. Or a lot of women let themselves be put in bad positions like the recent Aziz Ansari thing. I hate defending the guy because really I don't find him funny at all but his sounds like pure bullshit that the lady more so regrets doing things with him. You go on a date with some one and go to their place you are kind of setting yourself up for advances, a quiet alone place where you dont know anyone or have any safety.

I was also reading actress nicole eggert claiming Scot Baio molested her in the 80's through the ages of 14-17. Yet five years ago she claimed on her 18th birthday she want to Scott's house to seduce him and have him take her virginity. Then years later in the ninetys DATED him for a while when she was on baywatch. Does that sound like the kind of reaction some one who is molested does? Or does it sound like some one trying to get her name spoken about out there, while she is on a tour trying to promote some new reality show she is in? Baio came right out and denied the allegations even took to Facebook live to call her out and even sent her emails saying if that is the truth take her accusations to the cops which she hasn't done. In the last thirty years she could have gone to the cops and hasn't.

The sad thing here is actually two pronged. On one hand these lots of false accusations with no proof paint the male as an abuser when its supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. And sadly even if the men are proven innocent the damage is already done. The allegations all make front pages while the proven innocent, and redactions happen right before the obituaries.

Then there is the women who actually have had bad things done and they get pushed asside because its much juicer when a famous person claims it happened. Real victims are out there and we have people here trying to get famous off of it, and make money on it.

Astonishing Member

I mean at that point in Star Wars Han was an skeevy-looking career criminal, is the possibility of him being a groper really all that surprising?
    Last edited by wjowski; 01-28-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I mean at that point in Star Wars Han was an skeevy-looking career criminal, is the possibility of him being a groper really all that surprising?
    But he didn't grope anyone