Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I take it you don't go on youtube much.
    Most of those people were hateful previous to #Metoo. This has just giving them more ammunition.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Most of those people were hateful previous to #Metoo. This has just giving them more ammunition.
    The push to remove due process has become a lightning rod for some hateful ppl to use to gain a following. At the same time it's another legit concern that liberals seem to be ignoring again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    YouTube is a rather toxic environment, especially the comments section. I have no idea why the number for thumbs down on the comments don't show up because I think would be hundreds of
    thumbs down votes for some of those comments. Not even sure what the point of having a thumbs down option for comments is if we can't see how many people voted thumbs down on a comment.
    It's more actual youtubers making videos about this sort of thing.

BANNED

The push to remove due process has become a lightning rod for some hateful ppl to use to gain a following. At the same time it's another legit concern that liberals seem to be ignoring again.
    I don't see there actually being such a push. Just a lot of people who want to change the story into a 'both sides' thing.

https://theestablishment.co/due-proc...m-968e7c81e6d6

Yesterday, I was asked to write that if a few men are harmed to protect women, it’s worth it. As if that’s a real threat.

BANNED

due process is for courts

not for workplaces, private companies, the entertainment industry, your neighborhood

if I own a business, and Bob slaps Barb on the ass and thinks its funny

he's fired, end of story

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't see there actually being such a push. Just a lot of people who want to change the story into a 'both sides' thing.

https://theestablishment.co/due-proc...m-968e7c81e6d6
    Props to her for not writing that article but she's wrong about due process not applying to the work place. But there's definitely a push and if you're saying it's only a perception, well perception is reality to most ppl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

not for workplaces, private companies, the entertainment industry, your neighborhood

he's fired, end of story
    I agree with the last half but I would hope you would have more than Barb's word on that decision.

BANNED

I agree with the last half but I would hope you would have more than Barb's word on that decision.
    considering my own experiences in various workplaces

the military, retail, call centers, startup company, HVAC, and now a modular building company

complaints like that aren't being thrown out there for personal vendettas or whatever boogeyman BS insecure men want to come up with

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Innocent until proven guilty...in a court of law. Stop leaving out the last part, it's very important.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

considering my own experiences in various workplaces

the military, retail, call centers, startup company, HVAC, and now a modular building company

complaints like that aren't being thrown out there for personal vendettas or whatever boogeyman BS insecure men want to come up with
    Your experience is not everyone's experience. That's important to remember.

Invincible Member

There's perhaps some people who are a little dogmatic in their point of view, but I don't think there's an actual push to remove due process. There's no political party or organized activists that people that seriously that are saying due process in the case of sexual harassment shouldn't apply.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

This entire thread has shown how many apologists there are, if the perpetrators give them what they want.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

The victim blaming ITT makes me ill

he's fired, end of story
    Seriously...

Never mind the hypothetical business you own. We are talking about companies that largely make money off of the general public supporting what they do. If it looks like you do not care about half of that general public, you might be making a lot less money in the near future.

Those companies are going to act accordingly.

Your experience is not everyone's experience. That's important to remember.
    Women's reaction seems to point to that his experience is likely the experience of most folks.