Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The state owes a citizen that.

An employer does not owe an employee that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty is a legal term. I has no bearing outside a court of law.
    The basic concept of justice, however, requires that there be some compelling indication of guilt before a verdict (legal or personal) is reached and consequences are doled out. As long as lying exists, and can provide so many advantages to people who do it well, an accusation alone can't be a compelling indication of guilt.

If it's not "innocent until proven guilty" then it must at least be "innocent until you know damn well they're guilty."

I'm not convinced even that standard is being met in all cases.

Yeah. Just for starters.

From the bit that I read, it seemed like some of the folks interviewed said they'd be uncomfortable with the episodes airing. If that's the case, there's no good reason to potentially ruin future possibilities to cover this guy's back.
    Where did you see that I'm curious
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

While I'm not a fan of linking to TMZ, it looks like at least some of what Hardwick said might be the case...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/19/chris-...text-messages/

Chris Hardwick severed ties with Chloe Dykstra in a lengthy text chronicling major issues in their relationship, and she pleaded to talk to him afterward to no avail ... even months later.

According to the text messages -- obtained by TMZ -- Chris calls out Chloe for cheating on him with a man named Sam, saying it's "the worst thing anyone has ever done to me." Chris claims Chloe led him to believe she wanted to get back together after they broke up ... but never stopped seeing Sam.

Hardwick more or less tells Dykstra his long text message will be the last time he talks to her and declares their relationship is over, and she then sends several texts begging to talk, saying, "I will always love you."
    According to the text thread, Chloe reached out to Chris 7 months later in an apparent attempt to make up. Sources close to Chris say it's hard to believe Chloe would try for months to get back with him if she was being emotionally and sexually abused, as she claimed last week.

BANNED

While I'm not a fan of linking to TMZ, it looks like at least some of what Hardwick said might be the case...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/19/chris-...text-messages/
    "I'm sure you'll get some broken e-mails in the next few months".

Isn't that a threat of harassment?

It's hard telling.

While the big picture still seems like it could easily be what she said, it's also starting to look like there might be a pretty real "Three Sides To Every Story..." component in this one instance.

Jamie Alexander has decided to support Chris Hardwick (due to their longstanding friendship) over Chloe Dykstra.

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Jamie Alexander has decided to support Chris Hardwick (due to their longstanding friendship) over Chloe Dykstra.
    2 of Hardwick’s exes (one of which he was engaged to), his current wife, and his current wife’s mother also support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    2 of Hardwick’s exes (one of which he was engaged to), his current wife, and his current wife’s mother also support him.
    Yea its tricky I mean it's completely possible he abused her and she just happens to be the only one he did it to and other people see a different side of him. But when his career was over after one accusation i was worried. It's a slippery slope and without any real evidence I dont think someones entire professional career should be at the mercy of an accusation.

I understand the stance that even if some innocent people get caught up that overall stuff like this will be for the good in the long run. I feel like protecting the innocent should be slight more important then punishing the guilty. So I wish stuff liken this required a little more proof before a persons entire career ends. I mean I'm sure he's rich and doesn't need the money but Chris had a great thing going for himself and all those shows and businesses cut ties with him. Maybe he deserves it only him and Chloe really knw, but at this point theres more reason to believe him. Like i said though maybe they had a toxic relationship and treated her in a way that all these people defending him just havent seen before. Such a messy situation.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-29-2018 at 02:44 PM.

According to the article on the front page regarding Jamie Alexander's support of Chris Hardwick, the allegations against him are restated:

"Dykstra posted her account of Hardwick’s abuse to her Medium account in June. In her post, Dykstra claims Hardwick forbade her from going out at night, keeping male friends, drinking alcohol, speaking in public places or taking pictures of themselves together. Dykstra also claims Hardwick initiated sex when she had not consented."

Is this the extent of the allegations against him? I ask because from what I understand of the Hardwick/Dykstra relationship that I've read, Chris dumped her because she cheated on him.

If that's the case, then I don't get why him forbidding her to have male friends makes him unreasonable. If from the very beginning he was like that, then maybe, but if it was a condition of an attempted reconciliation between them, then I don't think it's crazy. I think a woman would ask the same thing of a cheating man: don't have close friends of the opposite sex. Not going out at night alone seems part and parcel of this. Trust had to be rebuilt and engaging in behaviors that could lead to cheating might have been a red flag to Chris.

As far as not drinking is concerned, I read somewhere that Chris is a recovering alcoholic. Again, if that's the case, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask his partner not to drink especially in front of him.

Then there's "Hardwick initiated sex when she had not consented." That's very carefully worded, I see. What's wrong with initiating sex with your partner? You don't know if they will reciprocate until you initiate. Are we at the point where someone has to say, "Honey is it ok if I initiate sex?" Now, if he initiated, she rebuffed, and then he had sex with her anyway, that's rape, and no one is condoning that. But, if you put your arm around your partner and start kissing her neck, for example, is that now automatically grounds to be accused of sexual harassment? Are women held to that same standard?

Again, I ask if there's more to the accusations than stated above. I did read that she sent him a whole bunch of texts after he dumped her where she basically proclaimed her undying love for him, so I do question what changed her mind about him.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The rules happened before the cheating.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The rules happened before the cheating.
    That was how it read to me, as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It would appear Andy Dick lived up to his surname:

Comedian Andy Dick charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, simple battery
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-03-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It would appear Andy Dick lived up to his surname:

Comedian Andy Dick charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, simple battery
    He's being doing crap like this for years. He's even been arrested, had charges filed against him and even been punched out by other actors and he still keeps doing it.

Yevette Nicole Brown is replacing Hardwick at comic con during the Walking Dead panel. No word on the show Talking Dead yet. AMC didn't bother with replacing him with replacing him for Talking Preacher after episode 1
    But preacher isn't Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead.

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Apparently, Chloe has since revised her original Medium post and changed certain wordage...and then changed it back.