Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Maybe he's not part of hollywood but what Robbi Rodriguez did on Twitter definitely counts as sexual harassment. Here was a guy who stood on a soapbox complaining about ppl drawing "dirty" comics. But yet he sends pics of his a hole on mainstream social media platform for all to see. Another fringe left hypocrite exposed and nobody even had to do any digging. Hasn't been a good few months for these guys.

Astonishing Member

In case you are interested, academia is up in arms about a feminist being charged credibly with harassment and supposed supporters of MeToo leaping to her defense without a basis for the defense.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/I-...nglestory_hp_1

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe he's not part of hollywood but what Robbi Rodriguez did on Twitter definitely counts as sexual harassment. Here was a guy who stood on a soapbox complaining about ppl drawing "dirty" comics. But yet he sends pics of his a hole on mainstream social media platform for all to see. Another fringe left hypocrite exposed and nobody even had to do any digging. Hasn't been a good few months for these guys.
    It's vulgar, but I don't think it's sexual harassment. I'm sure he was trying to insult Ethan rather than come on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Like you said, it doesn't excuse anything because maybe Harvey Weinstein was also abused when he was younger.

Here's more info about the Argento/Bennett case from wiki and latimes.com.

LATIMES.COM:
    On the day of the alleged assault [May 9, 2013], Argento and Bennett met for a reunion at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey. The pair have referred to each other as mother and son on social media. Argento posted a photo on that day showing her hugging Bennett, referring to him as “My son my love,” and included the month and year.

According to the New York Times, Bennett arrived at the hotel with a family member. Argento asked the family member to leave. When they were alone, she allegedly kissed the 17-year-old, removed his pants and performed oral sex, and then had sex with him, the newspaper reported.

Argento became a prominent voice in the #MeToo movement after telling the New Yorker that Weinstein raped her in 1997 when she was 21.

from wiki:

According to documents obtained by The New York Times, a $380,000 settlement was made between Bennett and Asia Argento after Bennett claimed that Argento sexually assaulted him in 2013. Bennett said that after the encounter he began to feel "extremely confused, mortified, and disgusted". Bennett's lawyer wrote that in the years after the incident, Bennett was so traumatized that his job performance, income, and mental health declined. They first met when Bennett played Argento's son in the 2004 film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things when Bennett was 7-years old.

By the way, if Argento did become a victimizer because of the Weinstein incident, then that's pretty troubling as it happened 20 years ago. Could this mean that there are other #metoos in Argento's past? Otherwise, you have to believe she just randomly picked on Bennett in 2013 16 years after the Weinstein incident with nothing happening before or since.

Also, it's extra creepy that she had sex with Bennett at 17 given that she knew him since he was 7 when they met on their movie -- The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things (the title now laden with subtext). The writeup for the movie itself shows it to be pretty much a freakshow involving a drug-addeled mother (Argento) and her son (Bennett) that gets raped by her boyfriend. Years later, the son (now played by the Sprouse twins) is forced by the mother to crossdress to pretend he's her sister rather than her son so the mother can score with men. More rape of the son follows. All this junk is based on a series of books that have their own controversial backstory.

Someone should interview Cole Sprouse, now on Riverdale as Jughead, as to his dealings with Ms. Argento.

That whole thing is weird. Bennett claims Argento instigated the sexual encounter, whereas Argento's leaked text messages to Rain Dove show Argento saying, "The horny kid jumped me," and, after their sexual encounter, he told her she had been his sexual fantasy since he was 12. Then, up until 2 weeks before the shakedown letter from Bennett's attorneys, Bennett had been sending Argento unsolicited nude pics for years after that night.

Based off all this, it doesn't seem like Argento is continuing any sort of cycle Weinstein may have theoretically started.....It seems like Argento just kind of went with it when it happened.

She also claims she didn't know he was 17 and assumed he was legal age. You would think she'd know how old he was since she had known him for years, but I have family members I don't know the ages of, so I'll give her leeway on that....Her original denial of the sexual encounter ever having taken place was obviously a smokescreen just to cover it up, since, legally, she can get in trouble for this.

On one hand, if she didn't know how old he was, I don't put too much blame on her....But when a guy is with a girl and doesn't know she's underage, even when she's admitted to 18-up clubs, has fake ID, lies about her age, etc....Most people, and especially the law, don't care whether the guy knew or not and act like he should've magically known. Same goes for Argento.

Here are some links to the story:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/22/asia-a...oto-sex-texts/

(I hate using a FOX News link, but it's interesting to see different perspectives on the story): http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...to-police.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's vulgar, but I don't think it's sexual harassment. I'm sure he was trying to insult Ethan rather than come on to him.
    Sexual harassment isn't about coming on to someone. It is more about insulting or trying to degrade that person.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty is a legal term. I has no bearing outside a court of law.
    I see your point.... but the other side of that coin is this:
    the fact that the state acknowledges that you have certain legal rights does not actively protect you from wrong-doing.

those legal rights grant you a position of advantage IF you're allowed to have somebody argue your side of a case in court. if your issue doesn't go to court because you lack the ability and means... then those rights effectively don't exist as anything more than a theoretical construct.

it might mean that somebody is "guilty" simply because they are a man, or black, or gay, a Communist party member... or whatever.

I realize that the world is unfair - but that doesn't stop me from wanting a certain type of justice to exist - that 'due process' can and should happen. after all, 'due process' is more likely to be "just and fair" at the end of the day than the fickle, ever-changing waves of public opinion.

and it is the court of public opinion where "witch hunts" most often reside.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The whole problem with trying to apply "due process" when it comes to sexual harassment is there are decades of proof showing it does not work. The problem has been epidemic for so long because most of the time it came down to he said she said and the he's had most of the power. Them woman brave enough to come forward would usually be destroyed by the same men who harassed them. Most of the time they would have their careers destroyed or find themselves blackbalded before their careers could even take off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The whole problem with trying to apply "due process" when it comes to sexual harassment is there are decades of proof showing it does not work. The problem has been epidemic for so long because most of the time it came down to he said she said and the he's had most of the power. Them woman brave enough to come forward would usually be destroyed by the same men who harassed them. Most of the time they would have their careers destroyed or find themselves blackballed before their careers could even take off.
    so we automatically take every accusation at face value and take decisive action based on that without any sort of verification process? okay.

does this mean that it was okay for Emmett Till to be beaten based on accusations of sexual harassment? or is the fact that he was beaten to death exceed what would otherwise be considered an appropriate community response?

I'm not saying that everybody accused of raping somebody is innocent. and I'm not saying every person who claims to be a victim is a liar.

however, we have ample historical evidence to show that people can, and will, make false accusations against other people if they think they can get away with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    so we automatically take every accusation at face value and take decisive action based on that without any sort of verification process? okay.

does this mean that it was okay for Emmett Till to be beaten based on accusations of sexual harassment? or is the fact that he was beaten to death exceed what would otherwise be considered an appropriate community response?

I'm not saying that everybody accused of raping somebody is innocent. and I'm not saying every person who claims to be a victim is a liar.

however, we have ample historical evidence to show that people can, and will, make false accusations against other people if they think they can get away with it.
    Agreed and here's the most recent case of something like this. These people in favor of witch hunts must be ignorant of history or out of their damn minds.
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...491565291.html

Shane Black hired an actor Steve Wilder for a bit part in Predator he's friends with Wilder and Wilder was in Nice Guys and Iron Man 3. Well Wilder shared scenes with Olivia Munn who learned he was arrested for soliciting a 14 year old girl online for sex and the Studio ordered his scenes cut.

BANNED

Just call him Shane Blacklisted

Ultimate Member

Also he was cast in a role that apparently involved him repeatedly hitting on Olivia Munn's character. Olivia Munn, who's already had bad experiences with sexual harassment in Hollywood and has been open about it. And Black didn't tell her about it either it would seem. Like this is tone-deaf on EVERY possible level.

Moonves is out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Moonves is out.
    I guess CBS will now have less Moonves. Also being shown the door is
    60 MINUTES producer Jeff Fager over some inappapros texts according to some scuttlebutt.

Then we have Norm Macdonald's Tonight Show appearance being cancelled over some comments he made about the #MeToo movement.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 09-12-2018 at 06:17 PM.

The Predator’s Shane Black Issues a Real Apology While the Survivor Thanks Olivia Munn for Speaking Out

https://www.themarysue.com/the-preda...l-keeps-going/