Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You mean the notion that not only men are devious sexual harassers is a hard pill to swallow?

How very sexist; against women in a lot of ways, too.
    Women are usually the ones being exploited by the system, hence the joke. I do believe that everyone can be equally awful

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I see that Katy Perry is making history to be the first high-profile bisexual harasser.
    I've never liked her. but I hope it's not true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Women are usually the ones being exploited by the system, hence the joke. I do believe that everyone can be equally awful
    Women just get away with it more because men will not complain as much or report it because other men will label them for it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    First a male model, then a TV producer/presenter/actress.

https://news.avclub.com/a-second-per...con-1837273498
    https://pagesix.com/2019/08/16/katy-...-tv-presenter/
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ual-misconduct
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Women just get away with it more because men will not complain as much or report it because other men will label them for it
    Manh men won't think of themselves as the victim, but the winner, even if they aren't old enough to make that decision.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I wonder if she might have some mental health issues. A lot of pop stars have that cry for help phase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Manh men won't think of themselves as the victim, but the winner, even if they aren't old enough to make that decision.
    I think it has something to do with their comfort in work environments. As the accuser of Perry noted, it's more to do with power than it is with gender and I tend to agree with that.

I also think (not that Perry could credibly use this defense) but personal interactions can be really freaking complicated.

So maybe Russell Brand wasn't the crazy one in that relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So maybe Russell Brand wasn't the crazy one in that relationship.
    Hes the crazy one in every relationship. But he doesnt seem like the predator type. Hea too concerned with making sure everyone loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes the crazy one in every relationship. But he doesnt seem like the predator type. Hea too concerned with making sure everyone loves him.
    Maybe not the craziest one though. I've never heard of Brand stopping a show to shout at someone who turned him down for a date in high school.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Like when Terry Crews was sexually assaulted the general reaction was why didn't he beat the hell out of the guy that did it. But really it's a no win situation because then Terry Crews
    becomes the bad guy, a big black man beating up a white guy. Nobody is going to listen to why.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Like when Terry Crews was sexually assaulted the general reaction was why didn't he beat the hell out of the guy that did it. But really it's a no win situation because then Terry Crews
    becomes the bad guy, a big black man beating up a white guy. Nobody is going to listen to why.
    Yeah, pretty much. Some weaponize their own vulnerability to their own advantage, in many different ways.

Didn't see any mention of this before but all charges against Kevin Spacey (Lex Luthor in Superman Returns) have been dropped after his accuser refused to testify in court, pleading the 5th, and the phone with the alleged video
    of the incident went missing. Plus the accuser's mother admitted to deleting things on the phone in court. So I wonder if Kevin Spacey is still going to be blackballed. He wasn't found innocent, or not guilty, just there was no longer a case against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/us/ke...ped/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Didn't see any mention of this before but all charges against Kevin Spacey (Lex Luthor in Superman Returns) have been dropped after his accuser refused to testify in court, pleading the 5th, and the phone with the alleged video
    of the incident went missing. Plus the accuser's mother admitted to deleting things on the phone in court. So I wonder if Kevin Spacey is still going to be blackballed. He wasn't found innocent, or not guilty, just there was no longer a case against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/us/ke...ped/index.html
    that strange video he made as his House of Cards character pretty much sealed the deal on the black-balling.

Ultimate Member

that strange video he made as his House of Cards character pretty much sealed the deal on the black-balling.
    Isn't Spacey still under investigation in the UK? I don't see him being employed any time soon.

...and yeah, that video sealed the deal even if he turns out to be 100% innocent. That's some impressive crazy, right there