Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Isn't Spacey still under investigation in the UK? I don't see him being employed any time soon.

...and yeah, that video sealed the deal even if he turns out to be 100% innocent. That's some impressive crazy, right there
    Plus the gay community is unlikely to forgive him either. Spacey basically used them as a shield and many of them are pissed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus the gay community is unlikely to forgive him either. Spacey basically used them as a shield and many of them are pissed.
    Oh yeah, how'd I forget that?

Society: Spacey, you are accused of sexual assault.

Spacey: I'm just coming to terms with being gay!

All decent people: Plenty of people come out as gay and never sexually assault someone.

so Annabella Sciorra went to court.

it felt really weird reading her charges from the early 90s and being aware of her role in the sopranos.

she testified of having gone through alcohol abuse and cutting herself in response of the abuse forced on her by HW.
    ofc every sopranos fan knows how her relationship with tony turned out.

the similarities appear to be striking. her character on the sopranos went to a similar downward spiral like she seemed to have gone through in real life.
    how could she have taken that role? trauma confrontation to the max. i´ll have a hard time rewatching her scenes in the future, as if her fictional fate hasn´t been sad enough...

Last edited by abulafia; 01-23-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Danny Masterson Pleaded Not Guilty to Rape Charges

https://jezebel.com/danny-masterson-...ges-1846097827

Ultimate Member

Wow, this thing went almost a year without being updated?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wow, this thing went almost a year without being updated?
    Oh man, I'm sure there are instances that I'm not thinking of since the last post, but I'm wondering if Covid has had an effect, in that with Hollywood studios being effectively shut down for a large chunk of the year, there've been fewer opportunities for sex assault and sex violence to happen at the workplace. Same reason why there's a steep drop in school shootings -- schools were closed for at-home learning.

It's not a happy thought, but maybe something unforeseen or overlooked with the pandemic.

Invincible Member

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the Marilyn Manson/Evan Rachel Wood allegations here yet.

What's interesting is that for awhile in the comments of articles regarding similar allegations against stars, you'd see tons of people going, "MeToo is out of control!" This time it's, "Who's surprised by this? Not me!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the Marilyn Manson/Evan Rachel Wood allegations here yet.

What's interesting is that for awhile in the comments of articles regarding similar allegations against stars, you'd see tons of people going, "MeToo is out of control!" This time it's, "Who's surprised by this? Not me!"
    LOL..Marilyn Manson is a creep, always has been.

Is anyone watching HBO’s new series Allen v. Farrow? It’s crazy that it’s been thirty years and people are still talking about this, especially with everything going on in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Is anyone watching HBO’s new series Allen v. Farrow? It’s crazy that it’s been thirty years and people are still talking about this, especially with everything going on in the world.

We're still talking about it because Woody Allen has still never been held accountable for his alleged actions.
    Watching television is not an activity.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

WASM.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Ultimate Member

I hope this is the beginning of the end of people in Hollywood, and all industries in general, getting away with sexual crimes just because they're powerful.

I read an article (can't remember where, but it might have been the Guardian) a while back about how the myth of the auteur, the one-man control of the filmmaking process, allows them to get away with this kind of stuff. I semi-agreed with it because, while several auteurs are known to be good to work with, I do think giving too much power to one person in what's really a collaborative process could be problematic.

I know I went off on a bit of a tangent but I though this was a good point considering Woody Allen is viewed as an auteur.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    We're still talking about it because Woody Allen has still never been held accountable for his alleged actions.
    And he probably never will, unfortunately.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Woody Allen deal was always creepy as hell honestly. I know his one adult son has sided with him saying Mia has fed one sister a lot of things in her mind. But it is still creepy as hell once you sit and think about that situation. It shocks me that he still kept working after it. He's made like 28-29 films after it since.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Apparently, if you make things people like, they will forgive your sins.

For any Woody Allen fans, is it weird going back to watch his movies and seeing them in a different light?