Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If an old man can pull it off great. but they need to be honest about. I am with a younger woman because they are hot and I want that. I could care less about the type of person they are as long as I have eye candy. because that is what a lot of the guys are looking for. Same with the so called Cougars.
    age is relative. Some woman are 30 or 40 or older and behave like teenagers. Being offended all the time, giving you the cold shoulder, talking about really unimportant stuff or make nasty remarks against other people with their friends all the time. They never evolved into woman, just their bodies aged

Retired

I like CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM for its brutal honesty. I just have two problems with it.

One is that some actors play themselves, some actors play fictional versions of themselves, some actors play fictional characters and some SEINFELD actors play themselves while other SEINFELD actors play different fictional characters than the fictional characters they played on SEINFELD--which is a lot to keep straight in my head.

The other is that Larry David looks like a fossilized corpse that can barely walk, yet he's bedding all these beautiful women (both those that play themselves and those that play fictional characters) and nobody calls him out on it. He acts like it's totally natural that these women would want to sleep with him. The other characters don't say anything about it--even though they call him out on all kinds of other stuff.

I have to do some mental gymnastics to explain it to myself--it must be that they are all doing it for the money and/or the celebrity. Either they are call girls or, in the case of the actors playing fictionalized versions of themselves, they are doing it for their career. Behind the scenes they must all be suppressing the need to vomit. I am enjoying the shoe on the other foot with "Irma Kostroski." Not nearly as unattractive as Larry, but at least he gets to see what it must be like for all the women who have had to sleep with him.

I think his $400 million makes him attractive to many women. Here he is with his current wife.

And Tracy Ullman as Irma is brilliant. I doubt Larry is unaware of the roll reversal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think his $400 million makes him attractive to many women. Here he is with his current wife.

And Tracy Ullman as Irma is brilliant. I doubt Larry is unaware of the roll reversal.
    Yeah, there was even a slight joke about it in the last episode.

Larry (and old men as rich as Larry) CAN bed very young and beautiful women in real life. It’s pretty much the way of the world because a lot of people are attracted to money. From Hugh Hefner to Larry King, it’s just the way of the world.

Not to mention that the way male and females assess sexual partners is fairly different

Invincible Member

Danny Masterson found guilty of two counts of rape

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/31/enter...ial/index.html

Ultimate Member

Tenoch Huerta has been accused of sexual assault.

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/06/b...ssault-jb1bpv/

Damn...

Whelp, first Kang, now Sub-Mariner?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whelp, first Kang, now Sub-Mariner?
    Well, they are villains...

Invincible Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Again goes to show that accusations are one thing but actually proving anything is a whole other thing.

I mean his career has been heavily tainted now. His name is heavily tainted he lost jobs etc. Not saying he isnt creepy in his personal life despite the rulings in his favor. But, has he earned redemption now and a second chance at being a working actor again? He said himself that he can get work he has people ready to hire him. Will audiences give him a shot again or does he have to carry around the taint of these allegations.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Even if found not guilty of rape (and I don't know enough to say it was a fair verdict.or not) Spacey has a long history of being a creep and a bully that came to light with these accusations, he'll have trouble being hired by major productions. It's not unlike OJ and Depp, that even if found not guilty by a questionable verdict still saw way too many baggage come out during the trial or the lead up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Even if found not guilty of rape (and I don't know enough to say it was a fair verdict.or not) Spacey has a long history of being a creep and a bully that came to light with these accusations, he'll have trouble being hired by major productions. It's not unlike OJ and Depp, that even if found not guilty by a questionable verdict still saw way too many baggage come out during the trial or the lead up to it.
    Depp had questionable behavior, OJ killed two people, I would not put them both in the same sentence.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think Spacey's verdict is significant. It will be most interesting to see how it affects his ability to get large roles or into big films. I've always believed so many in Hollywood are creeps and jerks, but a lot of that behavior involves no crimes. I don't know what to believe about Spacey exactly. I fear we can unconsciously view some actors through their roles and Spacey has played all sorts of baddies.

If studios do forgive Spacey, I wonder if they can't redo the ending for House of Cards, redo the entire last season. (Note: Yes, the odds of this ocurring are astronomical)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-27-2023 at 11:42 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think Spacey's verdict is significant. It will be most interesting to see how it affects his ability to get large roles or into big films. I've always believed so many in Hollywood are creeps and jerks, but a lot of that behavior involves no crimes. I don't know what to believe about Spacey exactly. I fear we can unconsciously view some actors through their roles and Spacey has played all sorts of baddies.

If studios do forgive Spacey, I wonder if they can't redo the ending for House of Cards, redo the entire last season. (Note: Yes, the odds of this ocurring are astronomical)
    Yeah, Spacey's case is very interesting.

It's known that he's pretty terrible person but if that rises to criminality is an entirely different issue.

I doubt he'll get too much mainstream work again. Like you said, besides his alleged criminal behavior, he's a pretty nasty person, I'm not sure Netflix will put up working with him again.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

I'm sure he probably still has friends in the business who'll offer him work. The real question is, will the public forgive him?

I'll admit, I'm a little surprised that a bigger deal isn't being made of this on social media.