Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ha - good one! So apparently it was the sight of Godzilla that turned his hair white...
    That and too much banjo. Should have gone for more cowbell, everyone wants that.

Russell Brand is the newest one being accused of sexual assault and rape.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Brand is trying to run interference claiming that people are coming after him because he coming too close to the truth about vaccines!
    Yeah, that's the angle he's running with.

What I find maddening about all this is that there were allegations towards Brand from almost 20 years ago. A lot of folks in the British entertainment industry were aware but they did nothing about it.

Extraordinary Member

I tend to think that in his case, where there's smoke, there's fire.

It is not a shock with Brand. He is a self proclaimed sex addict and I remember after he said that he did the rounds on the talk shows where that is all he would talk about. Almost as if he was bragging about it rather then bring awareness to the problem.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I fully believe all the accusations levelled at Russell Brand. In the early 2000's (when Brand was a reporter on UK MTV) he used to get coked-up and harass women in nightclubs. My friends and I ended-up having to threaten him one night because he constantly kept coming over to our group (with his two burly minders in tow) and inappropriately touching my friend's wife and pestering her for sex.

This led to my friend and his wife wanting to give Brand a right kicking, so his security team saw sense and dragged him out of the club. One of his minders then came over to us, apologised for Brand's behaviour and offered us a cash bribe to keep it out of the press. We didn't take the money.
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Brand has an addictive personality. You can tell by how hard he embraced all the vaccine conspiracy theories and ran with them. Addicts go whole hog into whatever they are into at the time. Sex is also one of those things, for him, apparently.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Brand has an addictive personality. You can tell by how hard he embraced all the vaccine conspiracy theories and ran with them. Addicts go whole hog into whatever they are into at the time. Sex is also one of those things, for him, apparently.
    But is that due to his addictive personality or is he just trying to get in on the grift?

But is that due to his addictive personality or is he just trying to get in on the grift?
    I mean, if ever there was an audience who’ll stick with you no matter how terrible a human being you are…

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I mean, if ever there was an audience who’ll stick with you no matter how terrible a human being you are…
    Exactly to both of this.

I think he's getting on the grift as well as setting up a "firewall" to protect himself from the allegations.

We've seen how guys Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson leaped to Brand's defense (completely ignoring the very detailed investigation into these allegations) and how the right-wing grifters and conspiracy theorists strongly defend the accused (like Andrew Tate).

Interestingly, Megyn Kelly had to pretty much lash out against the folks defending Brand because of how detailed the investigation into him was. That's how serious it is.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly to both of this.

I think he's getting on the grift as well as setting up a "firewall" to protect himself from the allegations.

We've seen how guys Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson leaped to Brand's defense (completely ignoring the very detailed investigation into these allegations) and how the right-wing grifters and conspiracy theorists strongly defend the accused (like Andrew Tate).

Interestingly, Megyn Kelly had to pretty much lash out against the folks defending Brand because of how detailed the investigation into him was. That's how serious it is.
    Kelly has been on the receiving end on sexual harassment when she was at Fox so I'm not surprised she'd have a more nuanced view of the situation.

But yeah, it's interesting how the folks how are really quick to defame a whole demographic as "groomers" ignore or excuse the people who are actually accused of sexual assault .

Kelly has been on the receiving end on sexual harassment when she was at Fox so I'm not surprised she'd have a more nuanced view of the situation.

But yeah, it's interesting how the folks how are really quick to defame a whole demographic as "groomers" ignore or excuse the people who are actually accused of sexual assault .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Plg82NQto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft_t4THsOG0

Not a Megyn Kelly fan but she is 100% correct and accurate when it comes to this specific subject.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 09-20-2023 at 10:31 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Not sure. Is he that good of an actor? Admittedly, I've not watched a lot of his conspiracy videos, just snippets. But he seems pretty convinced of what he is saying. /shrug

Hope he is made an example. Sexual harassment of women is still a big problem.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not sure. Is he that good of an actor? Admittedly, I've not watched a lot of his conspiracy videos, just snippets. But he seems pretty convinced of what he is saying. /shrug

Hope he is made an example. Sexual harassment of women is still a big problem.
    It's a big, big problem.

Just speaking anecdotally, almost all of my female friends have experienced some form of sexual harassment.

When I read some stuff online, I find it interesting that some people so easily downplay how widespread sexual harassment actually is. I've worked in offices where people have lost their jobs because of sexual harassment, and this was long before "Me Too" or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It is not a shock with Brand. He is a self proclaimed sex addict and I remember after he said that he did the rounds on the talk shows where that is all he would talk about. Almost as if he was bragging about it rather then bring awareness to the problem.
    Am I crazy, or were there accusations against Brand nearly a decade ago? This was before Me Too, and sadly such accusations were often ignored or mocked, but I could have sworn there was some controversy in the past.