Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Am I crazy, or were there accusations against Brand nearly a decade ago? This was before Me Too, and sadly such accusations were often ignored or mocked, but I could have sworn there was some controversy in the past.
    You're not crazy, but they actually go back many, MANY years.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Am I crazy, or were there accusations against Brand nearly a decade ago? This was before Me Too, and sadly such accusations were often ignored or mocked, but I could have sworn there was some controversy in the past.
    A massage therapist accused Brand and his wife of treating her like a prostitute about a decade ago. They sued HER for harassment and a judge told her to stop being mean to that nice man, Russel Brand.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A reason Brand was able to get by for so many years was he was a quirky British guy. Someone people could chuckle about and think....oooh he's harmless. Back years ago I'd see him and think it too.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A reason Brand was able to get by for so many years was he was a quirky British guy. Someone people could chuckle about and think....oooh he's harmless. Back years ago I'd see him and think it too.
    That wouldn't explain how he was able to get by in England.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    England once knighted Jimmy Saville . If you never heard of him in this thread before....well lets just say....he was a monster that ran for 40-50 years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Why not?

The UK's record with prosecuting sexual assault with non celebrities is f**king terrible. I don't imagine that their record with celebrities is any better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    England once knighted Jimmy Saville . If you never heard of him in this thread before....well lets just say....he was a monster that ran for 40-50 years.
    Uggh, I looked that guy up as I had never heard of him before....sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why not?

The UK's record with prosecuting sexual assault with non celebrities is f**king terrible. I don't imagine that their record with celebrities is any better
    Did you not see what I was responding to? It was the idea that he was able to get by being seen as a "quirky British guy." I don't think being a "quirky Brit" explains how he was able to get away with it in England is all I was saying. If there's a systemic problem within the UK, then that's something else.

Ultimate Member

Did you not see what I was responding to? It was the idea that he was able to get by being seen as a "quirky British guy." I don't think being a "quirky Brit" explains how he was able to get away with it in England is all I was saying. If there's a systemic problem within the UK, then that's something else.
    I'm sure that quirky British guys are still quirky in their homeland, and as I said, the UK is terrible prosecuting sexual assault.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm sure that quirky British guys are still quirky in their homeland, and as I said, the UK is terrible prosecuting sexual assault.
    Exactly this.

Less than 1% of rape charges end up in successful prosecution. Only 1 out of 77 people even get charged with rape. I believe there was an investigation that showed rape kits being kept in broken fridges or something in a UK police station.

There's a laundry list of famous people that got accused in the UK but walk away with not even a slap on the wrist. And that's in the face of increasing rape cases.

Bryan Fuller Accused of Sexual Harassment on Set of Queer Horror Docuseries

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/bry...ar-1235746657/

Actress Ashley Johnson and 6 other women have made a host of accusations against her now ex-boyfriend Brian Foster. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Sean P Diddy Combs is being accused of Rape and years of sexual assault by former girlfriend Cassie Ventura in a new law suit.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/16/enter...uit/index.html
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.