Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    further, just because guggenheim isn't weinstein (RIDICULOUS claim with the evidence we have), doesn't somehow absolve him of the rest. which is the OP topic and purpose of this thread.

weinstein is not the litmus for inappropriate behavior (or harassing actions).
    By adding #metoo, that offtothegraces person was clearly trying to lump Guggenheim with sexual aggressors.

geneeste has a pinned tweet called "Marc Guggenheim’s Worst (and Most Weinstein-like) Hits".

If these allegations are true, they need to replace him with a woman, preferably a black, transgender lesbian!!!!!

IIRC, current x-titles are being written by white males. This is not acceptable for an X-book!

it's possible that marc guggenheim did not know how problematic "reverse sexism" was when he posted that, but he clearly does now after looking at the replies to his own tweet. one would hope that he would have apologized after seeing the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    By adding #metoo, that offtothegraces person was clearly trying to lump Guggenheim with sexual aggressors.

geneeste has a pinned tweet called "Marc Guggenheim’s Worst (and Most Weinstein-like) Hits".
    to an extent i agree, but #metoo is not a container for overt, physical aggression. it's meant to contain any sexual harassment of any form (at least that is my assumption). it's certainly not a direct bridge to harvey weinstein. that man would be a result of #metoo, not a requirement for.

*sorry for these double post

Extraordinary Member

lastly, pointing out a man's sexist behavior/inappropriate actions does not equal "getting painted with a weinstein brush." that's certainly not what this thread is doing that i have seen.
    I guess it is a good thing I never claimed this thread was doing that. And if your response is to take his use of "all", then you are not allowing yourself to see what his actual sentiment is.

Of course not all men are being paint by everyone or whatever, and it is not reasonable to take his statement to be that literal. However, I have shown that in that particular thread someone is targeting him for harassment and is painting him with that brush. Am I wrong in seeing that in that Twitter feed?

Here it is again:

https://twitter.com/geneeste/status/929843323103338497

Just one example to show there is something going on here:
    Not at all Weinstein-like or sexist or misogynist! (That’s sarcasm.)
    Maybe you think this is all irrelevant to the original post, and that is fair, but it is the tangent you started. Maybe you think he is still in the wrong for bothering to tweet that, and that is also fair, but you have to at least admit that there is some pretty broad strokes being painted in the media these days and if he feels attacked by that, well guess what, the victim is the one who determines if they are being attacked, not the aggressor.

Marc Guggenheim has posted problematic things on twitter for a long time now. Personally, I am not a fan of his because of how his tv show 'Arrow' treated Black Canary (all three of them but especially Dinah Laurel). Women characters have not been treated well on some of his shows.

I have enjoyed X-men Gold to an extent (can't help it - I've always loved Kitty!). However, if he knew or ever covered for Andrew Kriesberg then he needs to go. I've watched many interviews with Andrew and I hoped he was good person. There has been a lot of allegations against him and I'm sure the HR investigation will reveal some level of wrong doing (who knows how it will be dealt with). It is time for so called liberal folks to start practicing what they preach and work to stamp out sexism, toxic masculinity, abuse of power, rape culture, and behaviors that demean others. We need to examine power and to use it responsibly- and always protect those without power and those who are marginalized.

that is fair, cranger. i see your point. apologies for our misunderstanding.

you are also correct that i dont consider the twitter comments relevant to our discussion here (they should not be imo).

i also dont agree with "all men/weinstein brush" not meant to be taken literally. i (am sure many other) take it very literally.

BANNED

Seriously, after this Guggenheim mess and the horrid way he's handled Storm (which I believes stems from racism and misogyny), Marvel should have future writers take a polygraph test to make sure they don't have these kinds of problems before being offered a writing job on the titles.

BANNED

There's no time for his psychological BS. Just get rid of him and find someone who can do the job.

always known it
    Last edited by Bad Penny; 11-14-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Attachment 57824

always known it
    Everything about this is perfect (especially your username).

BANNED

I can't believe I spent $3.99 plus tax per comic buying the first two issues of his run on Gold. The issues were garbage on top of it. Glad I stopped buying the book so early on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    "Reverse sexism" is one of those phrases that's a warning sign for everyone else concerning whoever chooses to use it.
    It is certainly a red flag given that context, but I wonder if we are we a society too caught up in catchphrases and buzzwords? Can a person's character actually be defined that easily?
    that is fair, cranger. i see your point. apologies for our misunderstanding.

you are also correct that i dont consider the twitter comments relevant to our discussion here (they should not be imo).

i also dont agree with "all men/weinstein brush" not meant to be taken literally. i (am sure many other) take it very literally.
    This what I like about discussion boards. We can disagree about things but also share opinions. That said, we aren't that much in disagreement. I just reserve a lot of judgement about this stuff until it all shakes out.

Just to be clear here.
    Is the hate on the term 'reverse sexism' coming from the idea of it as a defense of men accused of sexual harassment or because people think women can't be sexist to men?
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

What exactly did he do wrong?

loving the same sex?

hating the opposite sex?

or what am i not getting?