Martian Manhunter
    Captain Atom

ANNIHILATORS
    Silver Surfer
    Gladiator
    Quasar
    Beta Ray Bill

Speed equalized. All DC characters are post crisis

Speed equalized means there's no reason for the opening move from each side, as far as the easiest to do yet most brutally effective, not to be massive collected energy death frag at the other team. Unfortunately, especially considering that his telepathy would be the edge here (Quasar and the Surfer have strong resistance to that sort of thing, but Bill and Gladiator relatively do not, at least to someone of J'onn's capacity), J'onn is definitely going to get dropped by that. At that point, since either side has people that can protect their side from esoterics, again, it's just going to be massive collected blastofest. ("People might activate various defense moves in time!" Ehhh, speed equalized. Death frag is happening at fight start. Anyone choosing to not be part of death frag is making their side's collected death frag less effective)

Which.. mm.. at least as far as all the durabilities involved, I mostly see the Surfer being the one tin soldier walking away from that experience.

I suppose he also has a chance to rip open a singularity during all this, and yes, that would wax a bunch of his own team, but as long as one person on his makes it out alive of that, a win is a win.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-10-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Another DC "cosmic" thread, another day with no Takion.

Sometimes it hurts.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Well, speed equalized J'onn can go intangible, which Surfer can obviously counter, but probably not with his generic death frag. Given the level of durability among the Marvel team, Hal is arguably better odd taking a defensive action at least. He's not going to be one shotting Surfer or Gladiator.

Basically I think this fight comes down to "keep J'onn alive long enough to turn team Marvel against itself" as DC's best shot.

I can't see them managing it is what that comes down to. Also keeping J'onn alive instead of hauling off in the Silver Surfer's direction relatively frees the Surfer up to rip open a singularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Another DC "cosmic" thread, another day with no Takion.

Sometimes it hurts.
    He'd break the power curve pretttty hard, from what I recall of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I can't see them managing it is what that comes down to. Also keeping J'onn alive instead of hauling off in the Silver Surfer's direction relatively frees the Surfer up to rip open a singularity.
    Well, Atom and Orion are still best suited to going on pure offensive. And Mother Box should be opening boon tubes for interference without input from Orion.

But in general, yeah, the DC side feels like it's losing thus battle.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

He'd break the power curve pretttty hard, from what I recall of him.
    He's like Surfer with more time shenanigans and big emphasis on ambient energy control, powerjacking and transmutation.

He's also composed entirely of energy so he is really hard to hurt in any meaningful way unless you get quite creative.

I don't think he breaks the curve that hard, I think the Annihilators could maybe pull of a win against him if they work in concert. I just think he's a cool character who is mostly overlooked.

Takion has turned off Kyle Rayners GL ring seemingly by accident. Like without bothering to actively try to do it.

That's pretty crazy. Anyways, I think Captain Morgans plan is DC's best shot, but still ends up the way Pendaran describes the majority of matches
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I don't see the Martian with the telepathic heft to do anything to Surfer or Quasar as both have strong TP defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I don't see the Martian with the telepathic heft to do anything to Surfer or Quasar as both have strong TP defense.
    Probably not. Well, Surfer at least, I've never been clear on the strength of Quasar's defenses, just that he has them. But given sufficient safety from just getting blown up or sucked into a black hole, J'onn should be able to take over Gladiator and Bill to get them to attack their teammates.

I recall J'onn managing to make a bunch of white Martians kick the crap out if a bunch of other White Martian, thinking they were actually beating up the JLA. So he definitely could use a similar tactic here. It wouldn't even take very long to implant. But Surfer still probably won't give him that shot, especially if he opens a singularity.

Can't Hal's shield just tank a black hole?

That doesn't really help anyone else, even if so.

I've never been clear on the strength of Quasar's defenses
    They've blocked out Moondragon even when KO'd, he's fine here.

They've blocked out Moondragon even when KO'd, he's fine here.
    What about Norrin? What kind of feats does he have?