Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    What about Norrin? What kind of feats does he have?
    Moondragon with the mind gem, in an overall sequence where she rendered Professor Xavier comatose, basically managed all of knocking the Surfer onto his ass with a similar psychic assault, who proceeded to just then get up and mock her. He was also one of the only people able to throw off the Goddess' mind/spirit control in any lasting way that let him actively fight her instead of have moments of hesitation and doubt, while she was otherwise mind slaving basically a bumper crop of Earth's heroes.

He has various other stuff besides, though the absolute best of it is something I consider too good, even for the Surfer (he successfully resisted a full on soul rip attempt from the soul gem the one time, but considering even Thanos is all "nahh, that would kill me", that's a bridge too far for my own view.)
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-11-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Surfer beat Thanos in whatever psychic realm Strange sent them to, to work out their differences in one of those Infinity Gauntlet tie ins so it seems Surfer might just have straight up better mental strength

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Probably not. Well, Surfer at least, I've never been clear on the strength of Quasar's defenses, just that he has them. But given sufficient safety from just getting blown up or sucked into a black hole, J'onn should be able to take over Gladiator and Bill to get them to attack their teammates.

I recall J'onn managing to make a bunch of white Martians kick the crap out if a bunch of other White Martian, thinking they were actually beating up the JLA. So he definitely could use a similar tactic here. It wouldn't even take very long to implant. But Surfer still probably won't give him that shot, especially if he opens a singularity.
    The thing with the white Martians had Atom shrinking and placing some device to trick them

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Probably not. Well, Surfer at least, I've never been clear on the strength of Quasar's defenses, just that he has them. But given sufficient safety from just getting blown up or sucked into a black hole, J'onn should be able to take over Gladiator and Bill to get them to attack their teammates.

I recall J'onn managing to make a bunch of white Martians kick the crap out if a bunch of other White Martian, thinking they were actually beating up the JLA. So he definitely could use a similar tactic here. It wouldn't even take very long to implant. But Surfer still probably won't give him that shot, especially if he opens a singularity.
    Fair points all. In addition to opening singularities, I'm sure Norrin could drop Kallark with radiation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Surfer beat Thanos in whatever psychic realm Strange sent them to, to work out their differences in one of those Infinity Gauntlet tie ins so it seems Surfer might just have straight up better mental strength
    I was always a little iffy on that showing. The "plane" that Strange sent them to seemed ambiguously described. I suppose I'm saying I don't recall a description of "mental plane" or "astral plane", just some undisclosed "location" where they could duke it out without any lasting harm to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I was always a little iffy on that showing. The "plane" that Strange sent them to seemed ambiguously described. I suppose I'm saying I don't recall a description of "mental plane" or "astral plane", just some undisclosed "location" where they could duke it out without any lasting harm to the other.
    Their bodies were still in Strange's crib, it was as far as it goes a mental/spiritual confrontation by intent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Eh, I guess, but considering the overall treatment of the gem, it just still feels a bit too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Their bodies were still in Strange's crib, it was as far as it goes a mental/spiritual confrontation by intent.
    Fair enough. Would you consider that an offensive telepathic feat for Surfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Fair enough. Would you consider that an offensive telepathic feat for Surfer?
    I mean... it was more a sort of contest of spiritual reserve than the two of them throwing telepathic bling blong at each other as if Xavier and the Shadow King going at it. That Strange projected them there spiritually instead of the two of them just eliminating the middle man and throwing psychic whatevers at each other's brains instead would suggest it wasn't some clash of telepathy.

Basically that might feel like semantics, but what I mean was it was basically more a clash of wills than them using their own mind powers on each other, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I mean... it was more a sort of contest of spiritual reserve than the two of them throwing telepathic bling blong at each other as if Xavier and the Shadow King going at it. That Strange projected them there spiritually instead of the two of them just eliminating the middle man and throwing psychic whatevers at each other's brains instead would suggest it wasn't some clash of telepathy.

Basically that might feel like semantics, but what I mean was it was basically more a clash of wills than them using their own mind powers on each other, if that makes sense.
    It makes complete sense and a great explanation as well. Thank you.