Extraordinary Member

Default Should Wonder Woman be Super Smart again?

Back in the Golden age, Wonder Woman was not just strong, she was a super intelligent scientist in addition.

I for one think Wonder Woman's super-intelligence should be brought back! What do you think?

I agree. I think Diana needs to invent some things. I really liked that part of the golden age.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I'd imagine that only has hope in solo stories, but if she teams up with batman, she'll be reduced to not being smart.

I loved that Phil Jimenez had her helping Steel, and her mentioning she was enjoying playing with Martian, Kryptonian Tech.

Also, the Brad Meltzer JLA had her and John Stewart creating the Hall of Justice and Watchtower.

So yeah, i'm all for it. She's more than just Conan with breasts.
    Richard Alexander

Agreed. We have see her make many different tech. So I vote for this too. Maybe this is how we can see amazons making their own tech

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

She invented the Purple Healing ray, one of the first things she does in her Golden Age incarnation.
    It would be awesome to see that element return to Diana's Character.
    Wonderfully Superb

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Back in the Golden age, Wonder Woman was not just strong, she was a super intelligent scientist in addition.

I for one think Wonder Woman's super-intelligence should be brought back! What do you think?
    I'm for as much original qualities regained as possible. Superman also used to be more intelligent but it seems that both Clark and Diana hae been 'dumbed down' over the years to make Bat-god look better because he can do no wrong. (eyeroll)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not really wild about the idea of Diana herself inventing the Purple Ray out of thin air to save Steve, as that seems like something it should have taken the Amazons centuries to develop. I do like the Earth One approach though where Diana is Althea's prized pupil in the art of the Healing Ray, and figures out aspects of it that the inventor herself didn't discover (the frequency to heal men, in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I'm for as much original qualities regained as possible. Superman also used to be more intelligent but it seems that both Clark and Diana hae been 'dumbed down' over the years to make Bat-god look better because he can do no wrong. (eyeroll)
    I don't think we can blame (or only blame) Bat-God for that. Bat-God didn't really become a thing until well into the late 90s/early 2000s, whereas Clark lost a lot of his super scientist qualities in the transition between pre and post-Crisis, and has only sporadically gained it back ever since. The Amazons in general got it even worse as they lost all of their technology, and Diana has since been mostly associated with myth and magic.