Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Heard WW was heavily sexualized in this one a big step back from her solo.
    MONDELLO:Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman got the tone right last time, which suggested things were looking up. But without director Patty Jenkins around, she's subject to the dismissive male gaze for which Hollywood's long been criticized. At one point, the camera fixes on Gadot's leather-clad derriere as she's talking to one of her co-stars, and you think, given Tinseltown's rep these days, who thought that was a good idea?

In fairness, Aquaman's abs are equally fetishized when they aren't being obscured in murky underwater footage.
    From this review.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Did you read what you quoted?
    Yeah you kinda swiped at Znyder I was just saying I liked his MoS and the other 2 have suffered from the execs at WB. Basically I look at it this way, WB wanted to hurry and get they’re shared universe out, to do that you need multi movies of story, they told him to basically do it in one movie BvS. They cut the movie down because it was too long, ditto you trying to introduce all the characters and plots in 1 movie it needs to be a long movie. BvS basically fails right, now pressure is on SZ they’re over his back watching everything he does for JL then they do the same exact thing to this movie they did to BvS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Yeah you kinda swiped at Znyder I was just saying I liked his MoS and the other 2 have suffered from the execs at WB. Basically I look at it this way, WB wanted to hurry and get they’re shared universe out, to do that you need multi movies of story, they told him to basically do it in one movie BvS. They cut the movie down because it was too long, ditto you trying to introduce all the characters and plots in 1 movie it needs to be a long movie. BvS basically fails right, now pressure is on SZ they’re over his back watching everything he does for JL then they do the same exact thing to this movie they did to BvS.
    I agree WB execs are the heart of the problem. If they want a 120 minute movie, they need to insist on it up front, while the script is being written. Not let him film a 150 minute movie and then edit it down until it's nonsensical. This is what I said.

Then I said that Zach's efforts, even the "ultimate editions" have been poorly executed from a technical standpoint (everything from the script to the color pallet) and so there's no reason to expect that his ultimate vision of JL would be any better.

Plus, even if Snyder's vision and execution is good, then the length makes it very challenging to have a box office record-breaker.

1. You reduce the number of showings you can have.
    2. You reduce the number of younger audience members who are actually capable of sitting through it.
    3. You reduce the number of older audience members who are actually willing to experience it (even if they enjoyed it) multiple times.

Finally, if you enjoyed Man Of Steel, I'm very happy for you. I'm glad the money you spent on it was spent well. In my case, the money was not spent well. There are some badly-done movies that I enjoy, but this was not one of them.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 11-17-2017 at 10:01 PM.

I feel you to add on to what you said everyone knows nothing good comes from rushing. Here’s how I think the DCEU SHOULD have went.
    MoS

Worlds Finest ( Superman & Batman) vs LL and a jober like metallo

WW

JL ( brings in Flash AM and Cyborg maybe even GL)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I would disagree

there is talk of Winter Soldier being added to the AFI 100 List
    Opinions are cool am I right? Tws was ok but kind of overrated I would not put it in the AFI 100 but that's just my opinion for me gog Dr strange and Thor 3 are the better mcu movies just FYI.

Well, I enjoyed it quite a lot myself. IMO It was better than Age of Ultron, but not as good as the 1st Avengers movie if you want a 'team movie comparison'
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Okay here is something. If WW and Ragnarok is great this DC film(JL) is good.

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainme...d-4215795.html

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Okay here is something. If WW and Ragnarok is great this DC film(JL) is good.

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainme...d-4215795.html
    As ludicrous and desperate stretches go, that one's the full Armstrong. if you don't wanna waste your time reading it, in a nutshell the article says that Wonder Woman and Thor aren't as good as the majority of people thought so therefore Justice League isn't as bad as some reviews are suggesting. Why? Because the writer says so, that's why.

Anyway, I saw JL yesterday. And nope, it's certainly not as bad as MoS, BvS or SS. But on the other hand, it's not great. As I was watching it, what it put me in mind of was like a straight to video/TV movie (albeit with a considerably bigger budget) that you might have seen one day with no real expectations and came out thinking "Yeah, that was alright for what it was". So it's sort of entertaining and it's kind of exciting and it's generally OK. But it's never anything more than that.

So it just plods along, inoffensively enough. Yeah, the action scenes are generally a bit of a mess. Also, Clark is way too much of a Supes Ex Machina during the movie's final act (seriously, way to make the rest of the team look largely useless). And Steppenwolf is a whole new level of meh as a villain. But despite that, it's never a chore to watch, at least first time out.

Will I be seeing it again? Not at the Cinema, no. Will I pick it up on home media. Also, probably no. But, if it rocks up on telly one day and I'm not watching anything else, I reckon I could sit through it again. Which is more than I can say for Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Not watching it on the cinema. MoS was a travesty to what Superman is, BvS was an utterly idiotic film where they wanted to have all the positive qualities Superman had -which they never bothered to put in MoS- and where thye killed him in one of the stupidest ways possible. Squadron Supreme was changed into another movienin post-production.
    DC was miss, miss, miss for me until Wonder Woman (quality movies go by their full titles). Solid effort, a fun flick and finally the idea that somebody got super-heroes.
    JLA has to deal with a flawed premise from the beginning, where you have to waste time introducing everyone and bringing Superman back to life, only to fight a placeholder villain. I mean, come on...DC, you've wasted my time long enough. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Box Office: ‘Justice League’ Heading for Disappointing $95 Million Opening:

“Justice League” had been on track for an opening weekend of $110 million since late October. Stakes are high for Warner Bros., which hasn’t revealed the cost of “Justice League” — estimated to be as much as $300 million. The

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ju...es-1202617685/

Astonishing Member

I already posted that a few pages ago .

but heres' some other bad news...

Justice League has just received a B+ Cinemascore(which is a bit better than both BVS and SS's 'B' but lower than MOS which had a received 'A') which almost guarantees Justice League will continue the DCEU tradition of poor legs--expect to see steep BVS-esque over the next few weeks.

With the remarkable exception of Wonder Woman, DC just can't catch break...

There's no getting around it, this movie is a failure.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-18-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I agree WB execs are the heart of the problem. If they want a 120 minute movie, they need to insist on it up front, while the script is being written. Not let him film a 150 minute movie and then edit it down until it's nonsensical. This is what I said.

Then I said that Zach's efforts, even the "ultimate editions" have been poorly executed from a technical standpoint (everything from the script to the color pallet) and so there's no reason to expect that his ultimate vision of JL would be any better.

Plus, even if Snyder's vision and execution is good, then the length makes it very challenging to have a box office record-breaker.

1. You reduce the number of showings you can have.
    2. You reduce the number of younger audience members who are actually capable of sitting through it.
    3. You reduce the number of older audience members who are actually willing to experience it (even if they enjoyed it) multiple times.

Finally, if you enjoyed Man Of Steel, I'm very happy for you. I'm glad the money you spent on it was spent well. In my case, the money was not spent well. There are some badly-done movies that I enjoy, but this was not one of them.
    It'a weird that they chose this of all movies to be shorter. They're introducing 3 new heroes in addition to a new villain. They frankly needed the extra space given how much they needed to do in a single movie.

Cool characters...except for Ben Affleck who I just want to vomit OUT! JLA was just ok,nothing special and this is sad because DC needed a stellar HIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I already posted that a few pages ago .

but heres' some other bad news...

Justice League has just received a B+ Cinemascore(which is a bit better than both BVS and SS's 'B' but lower than MOS which had a received 'A') which almost guarantees Justice League will continue the DCEU tradition of poor legs--expect to see steep BVS-esque over the next few weeks.

With the remarkable exception of Wonder Woman, DC just can't catch break...

There's no getting around it, this movie is a failure.
    Except, for, you know the majority of the people who have seen it that have liked it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Cool characters...except for Ben Affleck who I just want to vomit OUT! JLA was just ok,nothing special and this is sad because DC needed a stellar HIT!
    Why, what happened? He was one of the best things about BvS.