Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

it was fun, but I wasnt invested, I wasn't excited for it like Ive been for Avengers or GotG

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That seems to be DC's formula. Get you to first spend money on the theatrical release THEN a directors cut. It's like a Capcom video game. There's another version waiting just over the horizon.
    True and I’m in a funny situation where I would have to literally fly somewhere to see the movie. So I’m on the fence and if there’s a directors cut coming I know that will be the better version so it may just be wise to wait for it. I’ve learned my lesson from BvS though I think I’ll wait it out...

Even Joss Whedon Seems To Think ‘Justice League’ Is Bad: https://decider.com/2017/11/16/even-...605.1504643470

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That seems to be DC's formula. Get you to first spend money on the theatrical release THEN a directors cut. It's like a Capcom video game. There's another version waiting just over the horizon.
    Not on Capcoms level yet they need to re-release a 20 year old product on VHS like capcom just did with new Street Fighter 2 on SNES. The movie was okay not sure if I would want more to it, surprised the RT score was so low. It was not the greatest movie out there, but def better then the reviews said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Even Joss Whedon Seems To Think ‘Justice League’ Is Bad: https://decider.com/2017/11/16/even-...605.1504643470
    Which really is kind of brass balls of him. His job was not to redo the entire narrative of the film but to complete the directing duties and oversee the post process. I'm sure he creatively changed or altered what he could but then again, he accepted this job. If you take over a job cleaning the floors of an office building and you yourself has cleaned a building just as big across the street and then make a dig that could be seen by everybody, over what brand of cleaner the dude that left the job did seems kinda sorta dickish. Has he even been doing the junkets?

The Warner Brothers studio has been making movies for nearly 100 years and have had ownership of the DC characters for nearly 50 years. They've been using these characters as tent-pole releases since the first Superman movie in 1978. Contrary to what the You Tube comments say this isn't about Marvel and DC. This is about a studio that is still struggling to be current, in a climate mind you where current is whole hell of a lot easier to be than it used too. I was looking forward to this movie and I'll still going to see next week but I feel 'cool' is a given and shouldn't be a selling point. You go buy a car nobody tries to sell you on it having a pair of seats in front, clearly to some I guess they do. If there is no time spent with Steppenwolf and he's no better than Nuclear Man from the Quest for Peace, I've got issue with that. I was watching Super Friends a whole hell of a lot longer than I even knew what an Avenger was and for the same guy to have his hand in both and come out fair to middling is very questionable.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

JL makes less then ant-man in china!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#5969a9e7ffbc

Man, a 300 million budget and 200 million marketing budget are going to take one Hell of a box office to recoup much less profit from

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    She didn’t place complete blame on Whedon but according to her sources JW threw in a lot of the supposedly corny jokes where Snyder’s film was still very serious much like BvS. It was also cut very short when the original was longer. Basically it suffered from the same “meddling” BvS did. I think I’m going to wait for the directors cut.
    Yeah goes to my earlier post. At what point does WB begin the movie-making process by mandating 130 minute max movie, rather than trying to whittle it down after the fact? Developing and greenlighting a script that takes too much screen time to tell is on the studio, not the creative team, and makes for an enormously more expensive production (lots more scenes to shoot than necessary, lots more post-production editing, lots more script rewrites and re-shoots).

You can't rely on a superhero movie to go 150-180 minutes and break records at the box office. You lose the very young crowd (under 14) at least on repeat tickets, and you lose a significant portion of the general adult crowd on repeat tickets. And you can't take a script intended to be told in 150+ minutes and get it down to 130 in editing, because you end up with story elements that make no sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Man, a 300 million budget and 200 million marketing budget are going to take one Hell of a box office to recoup much less profit from
    This is where people will say:

What about the merchandise?
    The product placements?
    Digital and DVD sales?
    Broadcast rights?

BANNED

I think it will do very well on digital and blu ray - BvS and Suicide Squad did well enough, same with WW

but its not going to make the kind of BO money that Warner Bros expects it too

and is not going to have the critical acclaim to cushion that underacheivement

hell, even NPR took a cheap shot at it in its review

Just bought my tickets for tomarrow night. Im still excited because i keep seeing ppl saying its fun. Not a fan of Snyder CGI. Its always more concerned with style over looking even a little believable. Plus ive heard its fast paced. So even if the story and villian are the worst it should breeze on by back to the heroes

You know, it really says something when the TV side has managed to create an unofficial Justice League in a much better way than the movie side did with the ACTUAL Justice League.

I thought this was a fun movie, and it really made me look forward to solo movies with the characters (Aquaman, the next Wonder Woman film, even Green Lantern). I loved Ezra Miller's Barry Allen, and Cyborg was well done as well. the characters were GREAT. But the story felt like it was on fast forward the entire time, and they picked the absolute WORST villain to launch the JL with. When I hear Steppenwolf, I don't think of DC Comics or the New Gods, I think of Magic Carpet Ride.

The characters played well off of each other, and there was only two scenes that I could explicitly attribute to a director (that scene with Aquaman talking to the team on the transport HAD to be Whedon; Superman's reaction to Batman felt like a Snyder touch).

Also, did anyone else notice they screwed up their own continuity? Cyborg tells the others that the Motherbox didn't start doing anything until Superman died; however, in Batman V Superman we see that it was active well before he died when Diana views that clip from Luthor's files.

I think the reason I'm feeling so disappointed is that I wanted this movie to be great and it was just... good.

Fantastic Member

Went in scared by the bad reviews. Expected another Snyder Batman V. Superman.

I enjoyed it. I'd give the movie a solid 7/10.

It's as good as Civil War imo, but not as good as Winter Soldier or Wonder Woman.

Pacing is the issue. The final fight scene was over a little too quickly.

Steppenwolf is not really a credible threat to the Justice League which made it feel kind of Cheap.

They should have started with Brainiac or Starro.

All in all, it was a good movie on par with many Marvel movies. Don't believe the rotten tomatoes score. Its a good, solid movie. Not great, but definitely solid.

[hider]Also...this movie really brings home how OP Superman is.[/hider]

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Went in scared by the bad reviews. Expected another Snyder Batman V. Superman.

I enjoyed it. I'd give the movie a solid 7/10.

It's as good as Civil War imo, but not as good as Winter Soldier or Wonder Woman.

Pacing is the issue. The final fight scene was over a little too quickly.

Steppenwolf is not really a credible threat to the Justice League which made it feel kind of Cheap.

They should have started with Brainiac or Starro.

All in all, it was a good movie on par with many Marvel movies. Don't believe the rotten tomatoes score. Its a good, solid movie. Not great, but definitely solid.

[hider]Also...this movie really brings home how OP Superman is.[/hider]
    Oh god, can you imagine Starro on the big screen? I don't know how they would do that. I do agree that Brainiac would have been much better.

I also think that if maybe the 5 characters were all investigating or dealing with the Parademons on their own (or maybe Bruce and Diana were dealing together), and then they all got drawn together to deal with the big bad instead of the recruitment drive, I think the story would have worked better. It was still fun, though- especially any scene with Barry (Flash in the Batcave was GOLD). I also loved the score, especially when Elfman brought back cues from the classics (Batman 89 and Superman 78).

BANNED

On the RT front (which everyone hates) the overall rating has crept up to 40%, though the top critics rating dropped to 24%, putting it in line with that group to match the 23% it gave to BvS.

On the BOM front (which people seem to love or hate depending on whether they put down money for the movie themselves) the Thursday preview brought in $13 million, a little ahead of WW's $11 million but significantly less than half what BvS did.

If those numbers turn out to be indicative of broader sales for the weekend, it will suggest (to me) that WW's coattails helped some, but were not nearly as enough to offset BvS's anchor.