Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Movie news says it's plotless but really fun like thor 3. Says it's a fun lighthearted film.
    Thanks. Looks like a DVD loner from the library.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Thanks. Looks like a DVD loner from the library.
    some libraries still do DVD loaners

totally forgot about that

Sitting here watching Dawn of Justice, which I greatly enjoyed, and it has me really wanting to go back to see Justice League again.

Glad I didn't get caught up in dissecting supposed CGI flaws or what scenes were reshoots as if any of that mattered. It happens in every single movie. Why should I care now? The movie was fun! Cyborg was amazing. Superman's return was a blast. I laughed. I caught the feels. It did its job.

I found Rotten Tomatoes to be as useless as its ever been.

About these box office numbers...domestic ain't the only thing that matters. International is where its at. Money is money. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

This film was a whole bag of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not a Superman fan, but the thing is I can't say what we saw wasn't fairly accurate. With no Green Lantern or Martian Manhuntwr ariund, Superman probably can dominate the league. He usually is portrayed as that strong. And certainly I think he can kick Steppenwolfs butt. I can understand why some felt certain characters looked bad by comparison. .. but I didn't see anything I don't buy. And again I'm not even a Superman fan. This is a guy that on a good day can push planets ... somehow.
    Yea its an accurate repersentaion of a of superman. But for story telling stake he shouldnt be 10x stronger then Diana and Arthur and also just as fast as Flash. Its makes them all redundant. All you need is batman for his resources and Cyborg was his skills. The rest superman can do what they do and then some. Now in the future they have to write in a reason Supes cant do it all alone.

I really liked cyborg more then i thought i would. And the only time i laughed hard was when

spoilers:
    he was trying to calm down aquaman and aquaman is yelling about how superman aint right and freaking out.
    Then Cyborgs armor starts turning on supes and he cant control it. Mamoa and Fisher were really funny together.
    Flash had some funny moments like freaking out at superman looking at him. But alot of humor was forced and came off as corny to me. When Aquaman or Cyborg was funny it felt natural and unforced. Like when Aquaman reffers to Gotham as "That shithole"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Sitting here watching Dawn of Justice, which I greatly enjoyed, and it has me really wanting to go back to see Justice League again.

Glad I didn't get caught up in dissecting supposed CGI flaws or what scenes were reshoots as if any of that mattered. It happens in every single movie. Why should I care now? The movie was fun! Cyborg was amazing. Superman's return was a blast. I laughed. I caught the feels. It did its job.

I found Rotten Tomatoes to be as useless as its ever been.

About these box office numbers...domestic ain't the only thing that matters. International is where its at. Money is money. Doesn't matter where it comes from.
    But they get way less of the cut from the international markets right? So it needs to be huge over therr to make up for the domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea its an accurate repersentaion of a of superman. But for story telling stake he shouldnt be 10x stronger then Diana and Arthur and also just as fast as Flash. Its makes them all redundant. All you need is batman for his resources and Cyborg was his skills. The rest superman can do what they do and then some. Now in the future they have to write in a reason Supes cant do it all alone.

I really liked cyborg more then i thought i would. And the only time i laughed hard was when

spoilers:
    he was trying to calm down aquaman and aquaman is yelling about how superman aint right and freaking out.
    Then Cyborgs armor starts turning on supes and he cant control it. Mamoa and Fisher were really funny together.
    Flash had some funny moments like freaking out at superman looking at him. But alot of humor was forced and came off as corny to me. When Aquaman or Cyborg was funny it felt natural and unforced. Like when Aquaman reffers to Gotham as "That shithole"
    end of spoilers
    I think the key to making the rest of the league less redundant is to create more problems they can't solve purely through punching.

But that's where additions like Green Lantern And Martian Manhunter come into play. Both can legitimately do things Superman can't.

Does anyone think we saw Cheetah or Circe in the movie? In the Woman Woman beginning scene after she stops the bad guys, the movie focuses in on a woman with dark hair, who we are supposed to think Is WW, but then it pulls back and we realize it is not. But that woman seems to be there for a reason, and it makes me wonder if we saw either Circe or Cheetah.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Better than BvS, but ranked somewhere with the middling MCU movies.

Did not like clumsy/autistic Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Does anyone think we saw Cheetah or Circe in the movie? In the Woman Woman beginning scene after she stops the bad guys, the movie focuses in on a woman with dark hair, who we are supposed to think Is WW, but then it pulls back and we realize it is not. But that woman seems to be there for a reason, and it makes me wonder if we saw either Circe or Cheetah.
    I didn't notice anyone at the beginning, but the woman in a red dress at the end of the movie stood out. I felt like her having that bright color red was some kind of strange allusion to something nefarious...

JL is the lowest money making dcu movie ever! Made less then iron man 1!

Also coco and star wars is coming up so jl is going to lose money and screens to them.

John upset over the films bad weekend.

I thought it was good. Not great but still 10x better than the previous instalment. The main drawback for me was the mediocre villain. At no point did I feel that the heroes were threatened, nor did I feel any tension. Steppenwolf’s goals weren’t clear and fell into the MMORPG trope of the main boss creating huge fireworks while the hero-players work out a strategy just outside of view - exactly like the Enchantress. Great action scenes, especially when Superman was resurrected and the Flash’s oh-$#!t face; and seeing a Green Lantern during the flashback scene, which felt like the LotR battle with Sauron.

Amazing Member

I see a lot of people are taking issue with the pacing. Are you able to help me understand the pacing issues? Can anyone provide some brief examples? I want to understand how pacing was an issue. Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I see a lot of people are taking issue with the pacing. Are you able to help me understand the pacing issues? Can anyone provide some brief examples? I want to understand how pacing was an issue. Thanks.
    I suspect what they mean is that the movie moved from one action piece to the next without taking the time to logically explain what happened or is about to happen.

For example, why did Batman think that mother boxes were a problem? Because a bug melted and left an imprint of three cubes on a wall. Next scene.