Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default JUSTICE LEAGUE early reactions - so far, so GOOD!

On the front page of CBR, there is an article that summarizes some of the social media comments from reviewers now that the social media embargo has lifted. The embargo for full print reviews won't be lifted until around Tuesday.

Here's the CBR article: https://www.cbr.com/early-justice-le...ions-positive/

Despite the qualifier headline of "but not spectacular," I actually thought that the early chatter WAS pretty spectacular!

People are saying it's fun, funny, the cast has great chemistry, and that it's the best DCEU movie, which is saying something after the response Wonder Woman got.

The only criticisms I see in common are that things might be a bit too rushed (inevitable due to its only 2-hour running time) and that the villain (Steppenwolf) wasn't all that and a bag of chips. But the same often gets said of the Marvel Movies in spite of otherwise positive reviews.

I don't know if this will end up being as well scored as Wonder Woman on Rotten Tomatoes, but I do expect it to be the second highest scoring DC movie at least.

Given the previous article about the test screenings testing almost as high as Wonder Woman, and these early enthusiastic reactions, I am predicting a lot of love for Justice League. It's just a shame that there's so much competition right now with Coco and Star Wars, both from Disney, coming out soon after. I don't think Thor will be an insurmountable challenge because it'll be in its 3rd weekend by then, but it's also a consideration.

So, what take did you guys have on the CBR compilation of Twitter reactions to Justice League?

If JL gets at least a 60% RT score, WB will probably be happy enough.

Incredible Member

The reviews are starting to sway me..... Damn!!!

Movie news says it's plotless but really fun like thor 3. Says it's a fun lighthearted film.

Looks like wonder woman and flash steal the movie and cyborg and steppenwolf are the weak leaks of the movie.

Last edited by Gaastra; 11-10-2017 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Movie news says it's plotless but really fun like thor 3. Says it's a fun lighthearted film.
    Thanks. Looks like a DVD loner from the library.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Thanks. Looks like a DVD loner from the library.
    some libraries still do DVD loaners

totally forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    The reviews are starting to sway me..... Damn!!!
    Why "damn"?

Were you set on NOT seeing it?

For me, no matter what the reviews said, there's nothing on Earth that would make me miss a JL movie on the big screen.

And some bad reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    On the front page of CBR, there is an article that summarizes some of the social media comments from reviewers now that the social media embargo has lifted. The embargo for full print reviews won't be lifted until around Tuesday.

Here's the CBR article: https://www.cbr.com/early-justice-le...ions-positive/

Despite the qualifier headline of "but not spectacular," I actually thought that the early chatter WAS pretty spectacular!

People are saying it's fun, funny, the cast has great chemistry, and that it's the best DCEU movie, which is saying something after the response Wonder Woman got.

The only criticisms I see in common are that things might be a bit too rushed (inevitable due to its only 2-hour running time) and that the villain (Steppenwolf) wasn't all that and a bag of chips. But the same often gets said of the Marvel Movies in spite of otherwise positive reviews.

I don't know if this will end up being as well scored as Wonder Woman on Rotten Tomatoes, but I do expect it to be the second highest scoring DC movie at least.

Given the previous article about the test screenings testing almost as high as Wonder Woman, and these early enthusiastic reactions, I am predicting a lot of love for Justice League. It's just a shame that there's so much competition right now with Coco and Star Wars, both from Disney, coming out soon after. I don't think Thor will be an insurmountable challenge because it'll be in its 3rd weekend by then, but it's also a consideration.

So, what take did you guys have on the CBR compilation of Twitter reactions to Justice League?
    I give it a 7.

Short of Age of Ultron and Civil War, WAY short of Marvel's Avengers. If you went to see Wonder Woman being awesome again, be prepared for disappointment.

It has good moments to be sure. But the action didn't feel clean, and Snyder just can't seem to pull himself out of dark and gritty. The Flash is by far the standout star performer in this one, getting the lions share of laughs. But even so for me it was just... okay.

I'd go to see Thor Ragnarok again for the third time in the cinemas but for me once was enough for this flick.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor