Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except you are ignoring exactly who is selected to be among an RT critic, a roster that in recent years has become inundated 'geek' critics who lack simply lack the qualifications to access films. Not only do they lack the skills to discuss the 'craft' of films, their library of films is restricted solely solely to mainstream 'nerd culture' flicks like Star Wars and Ghostbusters. Simply put, modern critics are an embarrassment to the vocation and the films they adore are trash.
    Yep, THAT makes much more sense than movies with bad RT scores and bad reviews all around being actually BAD. Somehow.
    These damn "modern critics" and their mainstream "nerd culture", trying to DESTROY everything we know and love, amirite ??
    Sell-out to Marvel, plotting against DC with their critics...Yup.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

I can partially agree with Pinsir, IMO the last actual "film" critic died when Roger Ebert died

Yeah, I didn't see that kind of cliché rant back during WW theatrical life, "modern critics" weren't a problem at the time...It's just so caricatural to blame the critics themselves when they don't go with the flow, I wanted to point that out.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Incredible Member

Hopefully these reviews don't effect sequels or the stand alone hero movies. 168 reviews RT has it at 38% other DCEU movies have mostly over 350 reviews so maybe it can swing back some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Hopefully these reviews don't effect sequels or the stand alone hero movies. 168 reviews RT has it at 38% other DCEU movies have mostly over 350 reviews so maybe it can swing back some.
    Unlikely usually stuff goes down with more reviews. Regardless as long as this makes money we will get sequels they might shake up the crew and a couple actors if they have to. But reviews say its an improvement over BvS so they are moving in the right direction
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Unlikely usually stuff goes down with more reviews. Regardless as long as this makes money we will get sequels they might shake up the crew and a couple actors if they have to. But reviews say its an improvement over BvS so they are moving in the right direction
    right as you posted this it went to 37%...

BANNED

right as you posted this it went to 37%...
    there is going to be a meeting at Warner Bros. on Monday morning that NO ONE is going to enjoy

Extraordinary Member

I keep seeing reviews praising superman despite his fave reaching uncanny valley territory with the cgi shave job. I kinda want them to give Batwoman to a female director and have Whedon do MoS 2. His goofy witty banter works for a superman toned movie
    why wouldn't they praise Superman. he makes everyone else except cyborg redundant in this movie.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I keep seeing reviews praising superman despite his fave reaching uncanny valley territory with the cgi shave job. I kinda want them to give Batwoman to a female director and have Whedon do MoS 2. His goofy witty banter works for a superman toned movie
    Did you mean Batgirl? I don't think there are any plans for a Batwoman movie. Anyway I think the only reason WB is doing a Batgirl movie is it is something Whedon wants to do.
    WB probably wouldn't be doing a Batgirl movie otherwise, and if Whedon drops out of Batgirl, WB will probably just drop the project. In the whole scheme of things Batgirl just
    isn't that big a deal, no offense to her fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    there is going to be a meeting at Warner Bros. on Monday morning that NO ONE is going to enjoy
    I think you're right, the argument that "At least it didn't get rated as low as BVS" is starting to become a weaker argument the more it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    This film had a reported 300 million dollar budget before marketing and advertising and Pixar's Coco comes out on the 22nd this is not going to be pretty. It will make money but no where near what they have to be wanting especially coming off the buzz from Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This film had a reported 300 million dollar budget before marketing and advertising and Pixar's Coco comes out on the 22nd this is not going to be pretty. It will make money but no where near what they have to be wanting especially coming off the buzz from Wonder Woman.
    Not to mention coco has a 96 on rotten tomatoes and is generating a lot of buzz, hell even I want to see that movie

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I'm hearing B-/C+ plus reviews. The two biggest complaints are Affleck's stony, unenthusiastic Batman performance and a cheesy looking CGI Steppenwolf. Gadot and Momoa are the only bright spots.

Not to mention coco has a 96 on rotten tomatoes and is generating a lot of buzz, hell even I want to see that movie
    Yeah I didn't mention RT for Coco just because it only has 27 reviews compared to JL's 172 but yeah I can't see it dropping to much but thought I wouldn't mention because more reviews are pending probably. But yeah it will definitely be higher more than likely a lot higher than JL and is getting a lot of good buzz and I'm also interested in it.

I would guess that the negative reviews are mostly from critics who really didn't care for Snyder's prior movies but had to watch it anyway for their job.

It's kinda reached a point to where people know what to expect from Snyder.
    Similar to another J.J. Abrams film or another M. Night Shyamalan film. Those that like their previous films make up most of the audience of any of their new movies. While those that don't just don't bother unless they're fans of the material.

So, of course, audience reaction's going to be a bit better as the people who probably wouldn't care for it as much are likely just skipping it based on the earlier films, especially BvS since it also starred the same actors.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-16-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.