Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

‘Justice League’ Eyeing $12 Million Thursday Night Debut

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/17/j...ay-screenings/

Wonder Woman did around that so thats possibly a good sign

Astonishing Member

I think the movie will do great at the box office.

Incredible Member

Just saw it... thought it was meh.

Flash was not used well at all, they made him mostly useless and had very little feats of strength from him.

Amazing Member

Really looking forward to seeing this tonight, the girlfriend not so much (hey I had to sit through the god awful Blake Lively shark film and Bridget Jones so it's only fair!).

I've got a theory, I know we aren't going to have a human Green Lantern but I think (hope) the Corps may still make an appearance. Thinking that Abin Sur gets caught up in the trouble protecting his sector and crash lands, setting up a new Green Lantern film nicely. I know I am never going to get the Kyle Rayner film I desperately want but this could lead in quite well. It would remove the need to have a Hal origin again and allow them to move it forward in time a little to encompass John for the buddy cop type of GL film DC have hinted at.

Just watched a video on YouTube suggesting Joss basically sabotaged the film. They pointed out a joke that he also used in AoU.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think the movie will do great at the box office.
    I'm sure it will. It the badly reviewed moviea can still make a lot of momey, then the slightly more positive ones should at least match that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Just watched a video on YouTube suggesting Joss basically sabotaged the film. They pointed out a joke that he also used in AoU.
    That goes completely against what everyone involved in the film have been saying for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That goes completely against what everyone involved in the film have been saying for months now.
    She didn’t place complete blame on Whedon but according to her sources JW threw in a lot of the supposedly corny jokes where Snyder’s film was still very serious much like BvS. It was also cut very short when the original was longer. Basically it suffered from the same “meddling” BvS did. I think I’m going to wait for the directors cut.

She didn’t place complete blame on Whedon but according to her sources JW threw in a lot of the supposedly corny jokes where Snyder’s film was still very serious much like BvS. It was also cut very short when the original was longer. Basically it suffered from the same “meddling” BvS did. I think I’m going to wait for the directors cut.
    I think the jury is out as to whether adding humor sabotages or saves the movie. Many have argued for a long time that the darker more serious tones hurt the DCU movies.

Wasn't cutting the film down to two hours a Warner Bros. mandate, not a Whedon creative decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wasn't cutting the film down to two hours a Warner Bros. mandate, not a Whedon creative decision?
    Yep I said like BvS

Check the vid out it’s on YouTube she’s pretty popular, you’ve probably seen her before. She reviews everything comic movie related.

Films enjoyable the JL characters really shine with their chemistry.

Only knock is the pace is to fast, especially for the number of characters being serviced. The first act moves at a very fast pace. I honestly really want that 40 minutes of film back I think it would really help with the pacing.

Still a fun movie tho.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Films enjoyable the JL characters really shine with their chemistry.

Only knock is the pace is to fast, especially for the number of characters being serviced. The first act moves at a very fast pace. I honestly really want that 40 minutes of film back I think it would really help with the pacing.

Still a fun movie tho.
    Hate to say it but I really hope there’s a directors cut version because that’s the one I wanna see...

Hate to say it but I really hope there’s a directors cut version because that’s the one I wanna see...
    That seems to be DC's formula. Get you to first spend money on the theatrical release THEN a directors cut. It's like a Capcom video game. There's another version waiting just over the horizon.