Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    BLACKEST. MOVIE. EVER.

I too wonder where one would delay JL too, I mean they didn't release it in the summer so clearly the confidence wasnt there.....
    It's gotta be rough plotting this stuff, because there are more and more super hero movies being spit out. If marvel, dc, and fox are spitting these out like bullets from a machine gun, it's almost inevitable they will be competing with each other. Can'the help but think League lost a few viewers here and there to Thor.

Astonishing Member

A huge movie like JL deserves a 150 minute runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm not sure what peoples problem with it was the movies great way better than smhc by far.
    I don't think the movie is great, but I do think they put all the pieces in place for something potentially great. The movie plot was so so and the villain was weak, but the heroes were great. They just need a better script and they are good to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A huge movie like JL deserves a 150 minute runtime.
    Then you can hardly expect a record-breaking box office. 150 minutes isn't the answer to a $500 million movie. Neither is cutting a 150 minute script to 120 minutes.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 11-17-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Then you can hardly expect a record-breaking box office. 150 minutes isn't the answer to a $500 million movie. Neither is cutting a 150 script to 120 minutes.
    More to properly introduce the other remaining characters and villain. Still can't believe how SS got worse reviews and still made a shitload of money. JL has WW, better reviews, and a more known cast of heroes with the Batman and Superman.

BANNED

Then you can hardly expect a record-breaking box office. 150 minutes isn't the answer to a $500 million movie. Neither is cutting a 150 script to 120 minutes.
    thought the budget was $300 mil, or are you also including marketing and such?

great is not the word I would use

its choppy, Cyborg looks like ass, Flash is kind of annoying, Steppenwolf is a nobody villain
    Reminds me of 2012 everybody was telling me how great avengers was when I saw it it was just so so jl had problems for sure but it was just as good if not better than a lot of the mcu stuff in my opinion.

BANNED

thought the budget was $300 mil, or are you also including marketing and such?
    It's been said that marketing and such amounted to another $200 million. I haven't verified it, but I can certainly believe it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Reminds me of 2012 everybody was telling me how great avengers was when I saw it it was just so so jl had problems for sure but it was just as good if not better than a lot of the mcu stuff in my opinion.
    I would disagree

there is talk of Winter Soldier being added to the AFI 100 List

There was some article saying the magic number to break even is 600 million I believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There was some article saying the magic number to break even is 600 million I believe.
    It's probably this one, and the number is $700 million. But it's anyone's guess.

The bigger issue, for all practical purposes, is that movies like this are supposed to generate large profits and essentially fund smaller movies that don't make so much profit. If that idea flies out the window, there are a lot of quality smaller movies that run the risk of not being made.

It is the execs fault to the extent that they greenlit a script that couldn't possibly be told in the number of minutes necessary to make a box office smash, and resorted (once again) to trying to edit it a bloated story down to two hours. I don't think think there's any reason to suspect ZS's original effort or vision is good, given that the only good DCEU movie so far did not involve his direction.
    I liked MoS, and again I believe BvS suffered from studio meddling and now JL has suffered the same fate. Did you watch the ultimate edition of BvS?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Steppenwolf looked horrible compared to other movies' CGI characters. Perhaps it was limited to my viewing, but the timing of his voice was off from his face's movements.

WW was great as always.

Flash's Spidey impression grew old on me.

I did enjoy Aquaman and Cyborg.

Supes really turned the tide upon his return. I expected Steppenwolf to be more of a challenge in the final fight. I liked the mid credits scene with Flash.

I heard Steppenwolf refer to Darkseid once. Were there more?

Overall, it's not a junk movie, but it is suffering from pacing issues. I wouldn't put it in the bottom half of the recent wave of comic movies, but it's not top tier, either. I'll need another viewing to figure out where it belongs.
    Heard WW was heavily sexualized in this one a big step back from her solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Heard WW was heavily sexualized in this one a big step back from her solo.
    happy Im not the only one that saw that/realized that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I liked MoS, and again I believe BvS suffered from studio meddling and now JL has suffered the same fate. Did you watch the ultimate edition of BvS?
    Did you read what you quoted?

To directly answer the question: I have only seen the ultimate edition.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 11-17-2017 at 09:13 PM.