Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

"Justice league the best marvel movie dc ever made." LOL!

Most of the reviews are saying Steppenwolf is awful and cyborg is a bore. Wonder woman and flash steal the movie and are great. Superman acts more like superman. Aquaman's best scenes are in the trailer. (hate it when movie studios do that) The plot stinks but the cast is fun. It's a mindless matinee flim if you want to go see a lighthearted superhero film. Supermans digital mustache removed can be seen in the film and is a distraction!

Hmm might be worth a $5 matinee. Won't pay full price when coco and star wars is coming but may check it out this weekend at the matinee. Sounds like a mindless but fun film.

Well I didn't expect much from Steppenwolf, he is supposed to be the Starter Villain, the warm-up for the real deal that is Darkseid.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Apparently you can see the RT score, but only via Rotten Tomatoes’ smart phone app, Flixster.

The score: 51%

While this may go up (or down) before Rotten Tomatoes’ official reveal tomorrow, this reflects the mixed – but mainly brutal – reactions to Justice League so far.

Yes a few critics gave the film four stasr and highlighted a lighter, more fun tone than Batman v Superman’s dark and serious drama, but many critics went to town ripping the film to shreds.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...man-v-Superman
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm going to see it...but was hoping for a little more positive feedback from reviews. That said, I'll make up my own mind. I'm guessing it's a 2 or 2.5 stars out of 5, basically.

I wish DC would get their act together with their live action films....Man of Steel was ok, and I was excited about Affleck (who is good in the role, but given crap scripts) and Gadot is great. Sounds like Miller is great as well, as Flash. Personally I don't think I like the take on Aquaman, from the trailers, he seems like a "bro" type of guy and I never got that vibe from the character...all for people putting their spin on things, and maybe he'll grow on me, as I see the character unfold.

Bottom line...DC...please DO BETTER!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I wish DC would get their act together with their live action films

This is why I'm not seeing it anytime soon. I've seen enough of these movies, this director, this vision, and read enough reviews of this one. I'm just not giving them the ticket sale on this. They need to do much better.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-15-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

EW tears the film apart.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/15/justice-league-reviews/

Owen Gleiberman (Variety): “The film is the definition of an adequate high-spirited studio lark: no more, no less. If fans get excited about it, that may mostly be because they’re excited about getting excited. Yet the movie is no cheat. It’s a tasty franchise delivery system that kicks a certain series back into gear.*Every moment feels like it’s been test-driven for our pleasure. As a piece of product, “Justice League” is “superior” to “Batman v Superman,” but it’s also about as close to generic as a sharp-witted high-octane comic-book movie can get. There’s hardly a trope in it you haven’t seen before.”

Eric Kohn (IndieWire): “….The resulting 119-minute pileup of showdowns and one-liners is an undeniably tighter, more engaging experience. It’s also a tired, conventional attempt to play by the rules, with “hold for laughs” moments shoehorned between rapid-fire action — a begrudging concession that the Marvel formula works, and a shameless attempt to replicate it …*As “Justice League” plods on autopilot, the Marvel-movie*parallels range from subtle to shameless. The group chemistry is strictly dimestore Avengers, while Batman takes on a paternal role with The Flash that weakly apes*the Iron Man/Spider-Man dynamic of “Spider-Man: Homecoming.” The Flash makes oddball jokes about brunch and mutters about confidence issues, while Batman growls nuggets of advice as quickly as possible before the scene just… ends.”

Katie Walsh (Chicago Tribune): “Snyder brought a level of darkness and nihilism to this franchise, so it’s very, very strange that “Justice League” is as quippy as it is. No doubt this is due to the presence of Whedon, who takes a screenwriting credit, but it just does not fit with Snyder’s dour takes on the characters. Not to mention the dialogue is painful. Miller’s neurotic routine is initially quite charming, until his one-liners become incredibly cheesy and tired. Aquaman peppers his speech with many dude-brah phrases, while Cyborg, regrettably, utters “boo-yah” at one point …Gadot as Wonder Woman is a bright spot, a reminder of her wondrous stand-alone film from this summer. But the snippets of scenes with the Amazons won’t satisfy anyone looking for more Amazonian fun, and the way the camera lasciviously lingers on low-angle shots of Gadot’s body is a clear indication of the difference between the male and female gaze on film.”
    Umm maybe i'll wait to see it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

I thought the critics were dead wrong about MoS and BvS, so I'll probably enjoy this. The only niggle in my mind is that Whedon might have cocked up the tone of the movie with his dumbass, corny jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    EW tears the film apart.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/15/justice-league-reviews/

Umm maybe i'll wait to see it.
    Reading those clippings...I think the most telling thing about the quality of this movie is that someone says "boo-yah".

BANNED

Cyborg says Boo Yah

id be disappointed if he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Apparently you can see the RT score, but only via Rotten Tomatoes’ smart phone app, Flixster.

The score: 51%

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...man-v-Superman
    So I guess even when DC tries to follow the Marvel formula to a T they can't win...

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I'm going to see it...but was hoping for a little more positive feedback from reviews. That said, I'll make up my own mind. I'm guessing it's a 2 or 2.5 stars out of 5, basically.

I wish DC would get their act together with their live action films....Man of Steel was ok, and I was excited about Affleck (who is good in the role, but given crap scripts) and Gadot is great. Sounds like Miller is great as well, as Flash. Personally I don't think I like the take on Aquaman, from the trailers, he seems like a "bro" type of guy and I never got that vibe from the character...all for people putting their spin on things, and maybe he'll grow on me, as I see the character unfold.

I don't know why people are feigning surprise that another Zack Snyder film is getting hammered by reviews, such a shock! We all knew this film was going to be the worst reviewed CBM of the year and yeah, now 4 out of 5 DCEU films are going to be rotten, when 3 of them are directed by Zach Snyder.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

this is heartbreaking.